Real Life Crime and Murder #21

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone been following the story of Jay Slater who has gone missing in Teneriefe?
It looks like it's a bit more complicated than him simply going missing walking back in the early hours from a party .

Thread here, I just joined today.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
duck me, 22 pages already! It's Nicola Bulley all over again, isn't it 😂
I went on this morning there was about 8 pages come back a few hours later and there is 20! It is Nicola all over again, the Facebook comments are out of control 🤣

Reactions: 7
KR didn't Google it Jen McCabe did. She says that sue did it when they found Johm around 6/6.30 as Karen asked her to but one of the searches is timestamped around 2.15 but experts have said this was because she searched on a tab she had opened at 2.15.
But either way I don't see how it is incriminating.

Reactions: 1

Glad he has been found guilty. His excuses were total nonsense and he came across as very coniving trying to tie them all together.

I hope those he attacked are recovering well.
This was horrific. I hope he is given a proper sentence but also psychological support because it’s clearly needed.

Those poor boys, living with the effects.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
The Mail's continued coverage of the families of the Nottingham victims is getting really uncomfortable for me, anyone else? It's like the poor relatives are being encouraged to remain trapped in the worst stage of their grief so the Mail can be enabled to push their agenda. It's pretty sick to see people being obviously exploited but too emotionally damaged themselves to realise. :(

Reactions: 18
The Mail's continued coverage of the families of the Nottingham victims is getting really uncomfortable for me, anyone else? It's like the poor relatives are being encouraged to remain trapped in the worst stage of their grief so the Mail can be enabled to push their agenda. It's pretty sick to see people being obviously exploited but too emotionally damaged themselves to realise. :(
The new interview with his brother? It doesn’t sit right with me either, it seems every week the Daily Mail have a new interview or angle for this story, I’m genuinely starting to wonder if they have some sort of exclusive deal with them, which I would not put past the DM for setting up when someone/a family was so vulnerable

Reactions: 5
The new interview with his brother? It doesn’t sit right with me either, it seems every week the Daily Mail have a new interview or angle for this story, I’m genuinely starting to wonder if they have some sort of exclusive deal with them, which I would not put past the DM for setting up when someone/a family was so vulnerable
Yes, I'm afraid I saw it and couldn't help but think for goodness sake. It's too much now. I feel so much for them but they desperately need to step away from the limelight, they won't heal at all otherwise. And to be honest I'm starting to think nasty uncharitable thoughts like they are enjoying their victim status a bit too much, which makes me feel awful about myself but here we are.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
The poor kid is only 16. This feels really exploitative. I know his parents have experienced something horrendous and are grieving but I feel really uncomfortable that they have allowed him to be interviewed like this.

Reactions: 6
And to be honest I'm starting to think nasty uncharitable thoughts like they are enjoying their victim status a bit too much, which makes me feel awful about myself but here we are.
I feel that they have only properly been able to start grieving very recently as the legal aspects with the trial and the appeals have finished. All the families have a lot to work through mentally and maybe physically (as trauma can affect your body as well) plus they are of the belief that justice hasn’t been served and that the perpetrator got away with murder (from the latest thing I read about the appeals). It’s a very difficult thing to be going through and my heart goes out to them. I think however the Daily Mail are exploiting this for their own gains. Some of the things they have said (for instance I think the mum mentioned that if the murdered hadn’t been in this country then her son would be alive, can’t remember the exact quote) shouldn’t be tabloid fodder and something that should be explored in a safe space such as therapy. When my Dad died I vocally said some horrible things about people in his life because I was so hurt and I felt that he didn’t receive the care he needed. If a newspaper printed them at the time I would be forever seen as a monster but at the time I wanted anyone who would listen to realise how hurt I was and how much pain I was in.
I really hope the family stop doing these interviews and get some help and support for their trauma.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
It's the prosecution trying to preempt the defence argument
But I don't see how it preempts anything.
Particularly when the prosecution case is all the place, to the extent that each witness seems to contradict the previous witness.

I always feel sad for the family of Ian Coates, who has been virtually forgotten because he wasn’t a young person with his whole life ahead of him. Even in the initial coverage of the murders he felt like an afterthought.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
I always feel sad for the family of Ian Coates, who has been virtually forgotten because he wasn’t a young person with his whole life ahead of him. Even in the initial coverage of the murders he felt like an afterthought.
His family are also presumably less inclined to spout racist rhetoric for the DM.

Grace’s family haven’t had anywhere near as much coverage either, just Barnaby’s.

Reactions: 13