Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

thenorthremembers

VIP Member
It’s weird that the chemical attack guy is thought to have travelled down from Newcastle. Any possibility of it being a paid ‘job’ I wonder.
Possibly, that would make sense, what he did to that poor little boy as well I don’t know if to put it behind a spoiler for people who may not have read it yet
'He took the child from the seat and lifted him above his head and smashed him on the floor then he picked him up from the floor and did it again.'

how and why do people hurt innocent children. They’ve done nothing wrong.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 25

thegirlscout

VIP Member
Why have 10 children (TEN!🤯) if you don’t want to look after them? I just don’t get it.
Not using contraception, using children as a plaster to fix relationships, using children to get money or help with welfare, etc. sadly with people like this lady and her partner it’s not uncommon to have lots of children for these sorts of reasons.

Popcornshovel

VIP Member
I thought I was prepared for this programme but fuck me 😳 They have completely dehumanised vulnerable people and think they can behave however they want.
I'm actually gobsmacked the police force agreed for the programme to go out. It destroys your faith in UK policing! No consequences at all for the dodgy coppers. And the one who was investigated for raping a drunk woman had years off work on full pay of £180k over 4 years! And then medically retired on full pension.

• Wow
  • Angry

Boogs

VIP Member
I don’t know about him ‘playing the game’. He is clearly a very sick man and prison is not the right place for him. A secure psychiatric hospital isn’t exactly a walk in the park but it will ensure that he also gets the help he needs which wouldn’t happen in prison. He is still being punished and losing his liberty.

Reading about how hard Grace O’Malley-Kumar fought to save her friend is utterly heartbreaking.

• Sad

Unicorn_Poop

VIP Member
I have family members who are teachers and they come home with some really harrowing stories. Two of them work in inner city primary schools and so many of the parents just don’t care and see the children as a way to get money. Some have parents who are known drug addicts and are high around their children and when my relatives have tried to report them to social services and the authorities they have been told they don’t meet the threshold set to be at risk. The threshold being that as long as they aren’t shooting up in front the children then it’s ok. Social services do fail and because of the nature of their jobs when they fail it’s catastrophic. But from what I’ve been told so many people working with vulnerable children end up hitting a dead end because of ‘thresholds’ and other things that limit what they can legally do. Another was telling me that when social services visit a home and knock/ring the door bell and the parents/carer’s don’t answer, they legally can’t gain entry another way (like calling the police or getting another set of keys). There has to be a minimum of 3 missed appointments. I don’t know if this is nationwide or the law has changed (I was told this pre Covid) but the social visitor had a planned visit with Brunson and no one answered the door so she left - I think this happened another time before on the third attempt she got the landlady’s house keys. If this threshold wasn’t there maybe they could have saved Bronson.
I don’t know how anyone goes into social work. Hats off to them as it’s an impossible job with so much red tape it must be heartbreaking knowing how so many cases will end yet the powers that be don’t back them or the laws are so heavily weighted against them

• Heart

thenorthremembers

VIP Member
  • Heart
Years ago writing to death row prisoners was part of the syllabus of some courses. It was absolutely talked about in schools etc. So too was writing to those in the army. So in my GCSE year I dutifully wrote to a nice young lad called Rick (18/19). My mate ended up writing to him as well and they had a 'thing' for a while. This lead to me (aged 15) travelling to Liverpool for the weekend to stay with him (at his parents house). I ended up enjoying some 'heavy petting' with his friend Ben.

Quite honestly, now I'm a parent the whole thing is horrifying. It seems totally mental that this was a school encouraged thing. It was so dangerous.

I can't remember his surname these days. I hope it comes back to me. They lived in Gateacre.

Edited to add, no my parents had no idea what I was doing. I said I was staying at my school friend's house.

• Wow
  • Heart
I had a friend who suffered PPP. It took effect almost immediately after having her baby. She was still in the hospital when she took her own life. Horrific 😥

• Sad
  • Heart

InTheDollsHouse

VIP Member
Post natal depression or psychosis could happen to anyone, that’s where I feel so upset about it. It comes from nowhere and you don’t know what’s happening.
The support available is hard to access with long waiting lists - and that’s if you feel able to seek help - then there’s so few psychiatric mother and baby units they aren't able to help enough people because of lack of beds.

• Sad

Gossngiggles

VIP Member
The brass neck of this neighbour, do people have no shame?!

The press shouldn’t be printing this stuff. The information from the neighbour belongs in a proper review not the tabloids. Again where was the mother and the wider family,

Reactions: 24

CrimsonCountess

VIP Member
This probably sounds really harsh, but I can't say I'm too sad about this outcome. He had 2 crossbows, a knife and an axe on him at the time he was breaking in. He'd also been stalking his victim for years. I know (legal) justice now won't be served, but at least the victim can know for sure that he's not going to carry on doing it🤷‍♀️ He already had a restraining order against him which he was clearly ignoring, and the judge spared him prison due to 'previous good behaviour'. So I doubt the victim would have had much faith that he would be dealt with properly this time

• Sad

fiat500gurl

maytoseptember

VIP Member
Some people are too mentally ill and too dangerous to be out in the community. Society is failed every time an innocent person is killed like this.

I can’t believe successive governments have slowly destroyed every public service we have - schools, hospitals, mental health units…

• Heart

BarryEvansHun

Plus is known to cause real and possibly life-long suffering. Far crueller than a knife or gun even though both of those can kill you straight away.

Acid attacks are not new though. They go back to Victorian times. Famously there is an acid attack in Graham Greene's "Brighton Rock" and that was written in 1938. They just get a lot more publicity/coverage now, like everything.
My friend was acid attacked in Jamaica by his ex girlfriend as he was caught speaking to another woman. I was really shocked. But he said it’s totally normal over there. 😦

• Wow
  • Sad

Mardymermaid

Chatty Member
Im glad that Im seeing some comments thinking similar to me here. Bronson's mother definitely holds some responsibility here too. She could have done more to check her child was ok.

whoareyouu

VIP Member
Completely agree. The sheer audacity of the mother to be publicly blaming social services, the frankly disgusting comments from the neighbour, the landlord saying she's "absolutely mortified" that it happened in her property - its like none of them give a shit about Bronson, they are just wanting to make his death someone else's responsibility and centering themselves into the story for a bit of attention and money.

He deserved so much more from life
It’s going to sound awful but I don’t think anyone did actually give a shit about the poor boy.

• Sad
  • Heart

InTheDollsHouse

VIP Member
But each to their own but what I can’t understand is you are actually spending money on him.
This is the part that jumped out at me, too. He’s very clearly benefiting from the situation. Not saying he should or shouldn't, and it’s OP’s choice who to spend money on, but my goodness when places like Ronald McDonald house are in need of donations to allow parents to stay nearby when their child is going through gruelling hospital treatment, and when the Air Ambulance service save lives every single day across the country while being a charity relying on donations, I know where any money I donated would be better used.

• Heart