Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

kev1974

VIP Member
Reactions: 22

Sandyclaws

VIP Member
There's been a case in Scotland. Seems the husband has stabbed the wife to death then stabbed himself in the heart.

The couple had become grandparents last year.

You have to wonder what goes through the minds of these men 😢😢😢
May not be in this case, but usually the wife is either going to leave, or is gaining independence and freedom and the man feels threatened.

I have my friends told for similar reason that if I die in any circumstances in the next year or so to make sure they know it may not have been an accident

• Sad
  • Heart

50sGirl

VIP Member
His name is James Goff. I never really google him but I do have this link saved from his most recent appeal.

We rarely talk about his crime. Only when the appeal was going on. I have never asked him if he is guilty or not. I have written to him for 15 years. He had seen me through 3 pregnancies, four international house moves and a whole load of life in-between. I send him photos every month and always tell him of the news and stuff. He knitted baby blankets for all of my children. I am unwell but i hope to get well enough to visit him.
So you weren’t friends prior to his crime then?
What makes someone decide to write to someone on Death Row? Genuine question because I honestly don‘t understand why anyone would choose to write to a complete stranger who had been found guilty of a crime like that.

Bread

Chatty Member
Just realised another report says what I said happened post-killing and custody so redacted it.

On another note I do think it’s weird I’m still seeing people post the sentencing with how dangerous it is for trans people in the UK. I understand transphobia is very real but it really doesn’t seem like they killed Brianna because she was trans, it seems like unfortunately she was friends/known to two very fucked up individuals and was the person they chose.
I don't think that's weird. It's the norm. Certain activist types are forever screaming about trans genocide. Brianna's murder is another drum for them to bang; it's so distasteful.

• Heart

youRjokingHunz

Chatty Member

Eureka

VIP Member
Well I'm not going to judge you @ordinaryjelly and I commend you for seeing the humanity behind the crime.

One thing I would be interested in is has he ever expressed remorse for what he did?

I'm sure he's a nice guy and you can see a side to him beyond his crime but I don't think I could do it.

Bread

Chatty Member
It's a horrible story but "mortified" in this context means deeply distressed, it doesn't mean she's embarrassed.

The sister's words were so compassionate. No seeking blame, saying the social workers did the best they could. Bronson's case worker clearly went against the regulations and with her instincts. She should be lauded.

I don't believe the vile neighbour.

maytoseptember

VIP Member
They had three children together - a 3yr old daughter and a 7yr old son. Someone else said she has 10 children - does she have custody of them all?!
According to Libby Purves in The Times today

IMG_4900.jpeg

So before she gave birth to Bronson and his two older siblings, she’d already had two children placed into the care system.

The story about sending Bronson to live with his father because she didn’t have a stair gate absolutely beggars belief. But am I surprised that she seemed to care so little? Not one bit. In this article it’s said that she palmed him off because she was “struggling to cope”.

Hopefully the share token works:

It says in this article that when the social worker initially contacted police, both the mother and father’s addresses were provided but police chose to prioritise checking the mother’s house because they believed a child was at greater risk there due to the mother’s new partner (it doesn’t go into the details but I’m guessing there will be precious convictions for god knows what).

• Sad

NeverEnough

VIP Member
Oh god that’s sounds rough, thinking of those who had to witness that
Genuinely interested in which bits you think sounded particularly rough and would have traumatised the witnesses? The report sees he shook and writhed for a couple of minutes and tried to break his restraints, which is hardly an unknown reaction from people about to be executed. Unless of course you’ve bought into the myth that all the executed accept there fate with stoicism and bravery like true heroes. (Whatever people who get the death sentence are, they are certainly not heroes).

And before we build this guy up into a martyr let’s remind ourselfs how he ended up here. The bottom line? He agreed to kill a completely innocent woman for $1,000 dollars. One measly 1000. As cold blooded evil as it gets. His partner in crime was also executed over a decade ago, and the husband who hired them (a pastor, a supposed man of god 😡) killed himself. Perhaps the lesson we should be taking from this isn’t don’t execute a killer by nitrogen mask, but rather don’t agree to murder someone in the first place?

• Sick
  • Heart

blueblue

Chatty Member
It’s all so desperately sad. Early intervention just doesn’t happen as the resources are not available and services are often just not accessible to the most vulnerable people in our society. Then people get to crisis point and something awful like this happens. How bad does it have to get before much needed changes are made?
I must say I've recently had a wee bout of the old depression and I've actually been shocked at how proactive, probing, efficient and professional the GP, pharmacist and mental health nurse have been. They've got me real clinical help but now that I'm out the fog I can tell they've also asked safeguarding questions in regards to me and my child, they've tried to assess if I have an addiction etc. It's been very humbling honestly, what some people must come across in these job.

• Heart

MrsBsDayOff

VIP Member
I can't stop thinking about poor Bronson, when I get to thinking about his last days I have to block it out. One of the worst cases I've ever read.

As others have noted, I suspect there is a LOT more to this, regarding both parents, that we haven't heard about. Maybe it will all come out.

I saw that Bronson's sis did a statement saying she doesn't blame social workers. Maybe she has a lot more to say about the parents thats not yet being reported

Scarlett O' Hara

VIP Member
All I can think of is Catherine Tate's "Elaine Figgis" & Jeremiah Wainwright III -

Apologies to anyone who is a penpal/friend of a prisoner , perhaps you have a kinder heart than me but not in a million lifetimes would I willingly engage with an incarcerated felon.

• Haha
Reactions: 21

SaLou

VIP Member
RE Norfolk case - So this was another case of someone asking for help and not getting it. Very tragic.

--
A man who called 999 before his body and three others were found said he was confused and worried about his own mental state, it has been revealed.

The IOPC's regional director Charmaine Arbouin said: "During that call the man expressed concerns for his own mental state saying he was confused. He was advised to seek medical advice and police did not attend.

"At around 7am the force received a call from a dog walker concerned for the welfare of those within the home.

BBC News - Costessey deaths: Man told 999 handler of mental health fears

• Sad
  • Wow

Miss Perla

Uk laws need changed to include a big dose of common sense. Sick of seeing the same old stories about so called parents and dead kids. We can't blame social services for everything when the law prevents them from doing their job properly. If a baby or child is living in a scruffy home or with drunk or drug addled parents remove them immediately and then if the parent turns their life around they can have the kids returned. If common sense is telling you something is wrong social workers must be allowed to take the kids. They haven't got the power people presume they have.

• Heart

50sGirl

VIP Member
I saw an advert last night for a show on channel 5 a year on from Nicola Bulley about the “unanswered questions”. Why can’t they leave her poor family alone
I think the problem is that the family and friends invited the media in initially which is why it was such a big story.

The lady who went missing and drowned around Christmas in Norfolk we’ve heard nothing further because the family didn’t court the press so they’ve been left alone.

thenorthremembers

VIP Member
Owner now saying the breed needs wiped out. How sorry he is. Bit late now!

Oh he soon changed his tune didn’t he. Bastard. The woman would still be alive if it wasn’t for him.

Dinate

Perhaps he had depression
Depression doesn't cause you to burn to death 2 teenagers and a baby. And handcuffing his partner to the bed suggests that she wasn't party to this 'suicide pact'. It would be an unbelievably painful way to choose to commit suicide. But even if there was a pact, the other 3 were not a party to it.

• Sad

IngressUK

VIP Member
Diminished responsibility is why he plead guilty to manslaughter.
He may have had voices telling him to kill. It doesn't mean he'd be incapable of driving a van. It's very complex, I don't understand it all well enough myself to explain it properly.
Dimished responsibility caused by mental illness, likely caused by his own self inflicted use of drugs.

Drug use is a personal choice. If you choose to go down this path, then you are responsible for your own actions.

No sympathy, nor any leniency should have been given whatsoever. The guy should have been rightly done for triple murder.

The verdict has been an utter disgrace and highlights what an utter joke the justice system is.

I feel exceptionally sorry for the families that have had to suffer the trauma and this appalling outcome.

I seriously hope they launch an appeal to the responsible Government Minister for a retrial of the odious scumbag - with a suitable sentence to match.