Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

BaxterBillions

VIP Member
I hadn't seen any reporting before about this shocking case from Northern Ireland. The man claimed he had a suicide pact with his partner and killed her, her two children and her granddaughter in a deliberate fire. The woman's children were 19 and 16 years old, and the granddaughter only 15 months.

The death of his partner was accepted as manslaughter even though the judge said that he was doubtful of there having been a suicide pact at all. His sentence is life with a minimum 29 year term. Once again, I really have to query how the judge arrived at that sentence. Two teenagers and a baby murdered and the manslaughter of the mother. The mother was handcuffed to a bed for heaven's sake. Imagine how she must have felt been engulfed in a fire and not being able to escape?

29 years seems woefully inadequate as a minimum term for such deliberate cruelty for all the victims.
Perhaps he had depression

Loppylou89

VIP Member
I'm not sure if this has been discussed but I have been watching the curious case of Natalia Grace and wondered if anyone else had seen it?

thegirlscout

VIP Member
His poor son, lost his mother and now seen his grandmother mauled to death. Living with a dad who quite frankly looks like an utter twat from the photos I've seen of him making his pathetic little 'gun signs' with his fingers. His Grandmother would have been his main link to his mummy. Poor little lad. Life is so bloody hard for some kids.
Oh gosh, I didn’t realise the victim and the dog owner were related! How did the son lose his mum, how old is he?

Brandshinynew

VIP Member
There's a new series on Channel 4 called Catching a Copper investigating police in the wrong.
I'm 5 mins in with my mouth wide open in shock.
I'm gonna watch that tonight.
The snippet of the story that was in 24hrs in police custody ( I think) with the female officer that was stirring a case with the poor lad who was attacked who ended up commiting suicide got me thinking about how the police deal with issues like this.

Smellycat18

I hadn’t heard about Gordon Gault. But it seems strange that it was a manslaughter charge rather than murder.

Poor boy. Way too young to die.

Brandshinynew

VIP Member
I started watching it thinking it was gonna be about stuff like this but it's way worse. It's literally them abusing people they're 'arresting' caught (mostly) on their own bodycams. Spoiler: absolutely no real consequence for any of them
Oh god really 😥