Real Life Crime and Murder #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I remember in the original secret celeb goss thread starting in February 2020, and someone spoke about how their husband works in advertising and he was on the phone to someone talking about who should star in an advert and the husband mentioned David Jason and the person on the phone replied with “oh god no he’s a pedophile!”

Since I read that and further discussions on his dalliances, I can’t watch anything with him in it without thinking about it so I turn it off.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
Vile Bastard.

Im really glad they’re proceeding with these offences even though it’s irrelevant in terms of sentence. Too often the CPS won’t proceed as not in public interest due to cost, pointless due to being on a long sentence but I think it’s important to that the public see the full extent of offending & how supposedly innocuous offences like flashing are actually linked to more serious offending. It’s also good for the victims to see justice occur in these cases.
Also the Parole Board took a lot of flack for the Worboys release but actually the CPS only proceeded with a choice few of the hundred or more allegations against Worboys, meaning he was sentenced accordingly. Lessons need to be learned by the CPS & I think that’s why we’re seeing Couzens in court for these charges.

Reactions: 29
I remember in the original secret celeb goss thread starting in February 2020, and someone spoke about how their husband works in advertising and he was on the phone to someone talking about who should star in an advert and the husband mentioned David Jason and the person on the phone replied with “oh god no he’s a pedophile!”

Since I read that and further discussions on his dalliances, I can’t watch anything with him in it without thinking about it so I turn it off.
I rate Only Fools And Horses as our best ever sitcom. David Jason is someone I hold in high regard for his work on that and Open All Hours. I do dread what might come out when he dies though.

Letting people he's known decades house sit for him and he didn't know what was going off? And he wasn't involved in it with them was he was around? It's obviously a possibility but my mates I have known 20-30 years I would be mortified finding out something like that because I reckon I'd know them well enough to suspect something so serious.

Reactions: 8
Seen the stuff circulating on SM. There are too many like him who think they’re untouchable. Flaunting ill-gotten gains and making peoples’ lives a misery. One can only hope this will be the tipping point.
I’ve seen some stuff going around about him being a well known hitman and being charged with 6 other murders but getting let off. The police also have blood on their hands if that’s the case.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
BBC News - Rikki Neave police 'ignored scientific evidence'

While they eventually got the murderer, the cold case review showed that police completely ignored the scientific evidence as they were so determined to pin the murder on the mother. How many more cases like this and how many were actually convicted through ignoring evidence?

• Sad
Reactions: 16
The Lucy Letby trial is due to start today I believe.
It will run for an estimated 6 months...I imagine it will be a huge trial in the media....

Something seems so strange about it....she is charged with the murder of 7 babies and the attempted murder of 10..even the way the press have said "she went on a year long killing spree" feels wrong.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
It will run for an estimated 6 months...I imagine it will be a huge trial in the media....

Something seems so strange about it....she is charged with the murder of 7 babies and the attempted murder of 10..even the way the press have said "she went on a year long killing spree" feels wrong.
Why would you do that. Just…. Why? (Letby not the press)

Reactions: 3
Love this thread.. only found it this morning.. Will sit down with a coffee and catch up 💚

On the last thread a poster posted the link to watch series TV.. thank you so much... any idea how to turn off the subtitles .. have tried everything.. thank you 😊

Reactions: 5

There is a thread following the trial:

There is a thread following the trial:

Thanks for this. I just don’t know if I can bring myself to read the details with two under two at home. I’m so sad for those babies and their families 😔

• Sad
Reactions: 12
Love this thread.. only found it this morning.. Will sit down with a coffee and catch up 💚

On the last thread a poster posted the link to watch series TV.. thank you so much... any idea how to turn off the subtitles .. have tried everything.. thank you 😊
In the bottom right hand corner of the screen click on CC and then click the OFF option.

Reactions: 1
These two stories are just awful. All involved are so young

Gateshead: Boy, 14, held in murder probe into teenager's death https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-63132334

• Sad

I've been waiting for this trial to start which it did today,, but then the monster goes and admits to manslaughter (not murder) why do they decide to change pleas at the last possible minute.... He's had God knows how many months to have done so... But no, halfway through what's supposed to be day 1 of trial.
Trial now adjourned till end of November. Annoying but he'll still have a trial as they're still wanting him done for murder etc obviously.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 10

I've been waiting for this trial to start which it did today,, but then the monster goes and admits to manslaughter (not murder) why do they decide to change pleas at the last possible minute.... He's had God knows how many months to have done so... But no, halfway through what's supposed to be day 1 of trial.
Trial now adjourned till end of November. Annoying but he'll still have a trial as they're still wanting him done for murder etc obviously.
one of the worst cases I’ve ever heard of and enough to make me never let my little one ever have a sleepover!! (She’s little so it hasn’t come up yet but that’s how I feel atm!)

• Sad
Reactions: 11
one of the worst cases I’ve ever heard of and enough to make me never let my little one ever have a sleepover!! (She’s little so it hasn’t come up yet but that’s how I feel atm!)
I have a four month old and feel confident she won't be sleeping over anywhere until she's 18 at least! I can't believe how often I used to stay out when I was a kid.

Reactions: 13
[URL) why do they decide to change pleas at the last possible minute....
I was reading a book about a romance con man (sleeping with a psychopath if anyone is interested) & she references a book about the criminal justice system written by a barrister or something & this is discussed. Apparently it’s a tactic used hoping that the victim will potentially drop charges (mainly domestic cases) or the defence will find holes/issues with the prosecutions evidence or they wait to hear basically what evidence the prosecution has before then realising it’s overwhelming & pleaded guilty to try get a lesser sentence…
Was going to try read the other book as it sounded interesting this it’s called something like the secret barrister or something similar

Reactions: 6

I’d not seen this before, just done a little research, I thought I was being crazy never letting my children sleep out without me, this just confirmed I am not! I actually feel sick. This, along with the recent-ish Daniel Boulton,case and others similar also solidify I’m quite happy on my own until my children have moved out.

Reactions: 8

I'm just getting a load of HTML / code coming up on with your link? which case is it please?

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.