Real Life Crime and Murder #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm just getting a load of HTML / code coming up on with your link? which case is it please?

Ah so sorry, its the Quadruple murder in Killamarsh where over a weekend, Damian Bendall allegedly killed his partner, her two children, and a friend of one of the children's. Also he's accused of one count of rape.
No idea why the link didn't work

Reactions: 3
Sorry this is vague
Does anyone know what happened with a case that was mentioned on one of these threads a few months ago?
I would Google but can’t remember the lady’s name!
She was in Ireland or N.I, she was found dead at home and they suspected it was murder. An older lady. Someone on here found her Fb and she’d been posting about a bird that kept being in her house and how it was an omen!
Just wondering if they caught anyone for killing her
😞

Sorry this is vague
Does anyone know what happened with a case that was mentioned on one of these threads a few months ago?
I would Google but can’t remember the lady’s name!
She was in Ireland or N.I, she was found dead at home and they suspected it was murder. An older lady. Someone on here found her Fb and she’d been posting about a bird that kept being in her house and how it was an omen!
Just wondering if they caught anyone for killing her
😞
Think this might be the lady

No one has been charged as yet but there is a chief suspect. This story appeared in the news a few weeks after the murder

I think its obvious he is the one they think did it.

Think this might be the lady

No one has been charged as yet but there is a chief suspect. This story appeared in the news a few weeks after the murder

I think its obvious he is the one they think did it.
thanks so much, she popped into my head, poor soul. Hope justice is served

ETA just read she was beaten to death! Sickening!

• Sad
Reactions: 6

It makes me angry that people can be so stupid to risk their lives like that :( If the phone being stolen belonged to a loved one like a friend or family member I would still just let the phone be snatched, nevermind trying to get involved for a stranger. You can replace a phone but not a life. It's just not worth the risk. Let the criminal leave with the phone then go and stay with the person who had the phone stolen and hopefully those paid to stop crime will find the person and they will get locked up for a very long time.

Reactions: 2
I can’t look at the Thailand nursery murders. I work in a nursery and I just can’t handle reading about it.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Oh dear god,horrendous why oh why..so many totally nutters out there.😢

Reminds me of Dunblane a wee bit.😢😢

• Sad
Reactions: 4

It makes me angry that people can be so stupid to risk their lives like that :( If the phone being stolen belonged to a loved one like a friend or family member I would still just let the phone be snatched, nevermind trying to get involved for a stranger. You can replace a phone but not a life. It's just not worth the risk. Let the criminal leave with the phone then go and stay with the person who had the phone stolen and hopefully those paid to stop crime will find the person and they will get locked up for a very long time.
i think some people act on instinct tbf. I think it’s easy to say just let them take it but in the moment your natural reaction might be to fight back

Reactions: 21
Has anyone been following the Debbie collier disappearance? It’s in America, but Is a strange one. She went to a dollar store miles and miles (90 minute drive) away from her home, passing several closer dollar stores, bought a tarp, touch and something else. Then went back to her car and sent her daughter a message along the lines of they won’t let me go, key to the house is in a flower pot love you. Then sent her daughter over $2000 and was found murdered and burned in woods the next afternoon

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 27
Has anyone been following the Debbie collier disappearance? It’s in America, but Is a strange one. She went to a dollar store miles and miles (90 minute drive) away from her home, passing several closer dollar stores, bought a tarp, touch and something else. Then went back to her car and sent her daughter a message along the lines of they won’t let me go, key to the house is in a flower pot love you. Then sent her daughter over $2000 and was found murdered and burned in woods the next afternoon
I think I read a wee bit about this on Reddit, commenters were convinced it was her daughter responsible

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
Hello all! Sorry this is off topic and morbid, but how do pathologists know when a victim has been SA’ed during a post mortem? I imagine sometimes there’s bruising but what if there isn’t any bruising or semen deposits. Also, how will they know whether it was assault or consensual?
I know this is a strange question to ask but it’s been on my mind a lot lately after reading about certain true crime cases.

Hello all! Sorry this is off topic and morbid, but how do pathologists know when a victim has been SA’ed during a post mortem? I imagine sometimes there’s bruising but what if there isn’t any bruising or semen deposits. Also, how will they know whether it was assault or consensual?
I know this is a strange question to ask but it’s been on my mind a lot lately after reading about certain true crime cases.
I believe they can usually tell due to trauma. Reports usually say “trauma, suggesting the possibility of assault” as there’s not really any way to confirm if it was consensual or not. Could have been consensual rough sex. And not everyone in that situation puts up a fight anyway, some people disassociate and do nothing.
If there is bruising, pathologists can usually give a timeframe for when the trauma occurred as bruises change in size and colour as they age.
So I guess unless it’s glaringly obvious, it would usually be circumstantial evidence. I guess that’s why so many of the alleged attackers these days try to claim consensual rough sex to get away with it.

Reactions: 7
They look for traces of semen first. Beyond that they look for injuries such as tearing or bruising etc

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.