Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Pushyplumb

VIP Member
The only person to blame for the murder of Abby and Libby is the man who killed them not the parent, sibling, grandparent who dropped them off. They weren't toddlers, it was daytime in an area they probably knew well. Yes, the trail does look creepy, it does look remote but that is probably why the girls wanted to go there to get good pictures.

I am sure the family beat themselves up everyday for their decision but so would they had they dropped them at a shopping centre or at school and the girls had been abducted from there.

• Heart
Reactions: 62

Eureka

VIP Member
This was my friend in school. She was lovely. She tried so many times to get him to leave her alone. X
It seems like every day a woman dies because a man can’t take no for an answer. I’m sorry for your loss.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 53

Greentea12

I've just seen the reports in the DM that a skull has been found on Saddleworth Moor. Police are now digging at the site.
Hoping poor little Keith Bennett has been found.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 51

Wowitsme

VIP Member
I would say the problem lies with the people trying to rob another person and then carrying knives they intend to use to possibly kill someone

• Heart
Reactions: 50

Pushyplumb

VIP Member
When will the justice system realise that if you are a sex offender releasing them from prison and just expecting them to behave doesn't work? A teenage girl dead, her family not knowing what has happened to her for 3 years all because a sex offender was allowed out with a slap on the wrist and hope that his sick mind is cured and he won't attack again.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 47

Eureka

VIP Member
You can’t wrap kids in cotton wool either. They need freedom to explore and be independent. The world is not more dangerous now, we just hear about things more now. And thankfully incidents like this are rare. Two girls out together would be considered safe for most people so I don’t see this as bad parenting or whatever. They were just incredibly unlucky 😞.

Im sure the families must go over that decision every day but they are not to blame.

Reactions: 47

Django

VIP Member
15 years since the murder of Meredith Kercher.
I didn’t know her parents both died within 4 months of each other in 2020.
That poor family. 😣
RIP Mez, she was one of my youngest daughter's best friends x

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 46

50sGirl

VIP Member
15 years since the murder of Meredith Kercher.
I didn’t know her parents both died within 4 months of each other in 2020.
That poor family. 😣

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 43

HannahC

It makes me angry that people can be so stupid to risk their lives like that :( If the phone being stolen belonged to a loved one like a friend or family member I would still just let the phone be snatched, nevermind trying to get involved for a stranger. You can replace a phone but not a life. It's just not worth the risk. Let the criminal leave with the phone then go and stay with the person who had the phone stolen and hopefully those paid to stop crime will find the person and they will get locked up for a very long time.
That's a bit victim blame-y. Sometimes people just act on instinct if they see someone needing help. It's not stupid to want to help when someone is in trouble, i admire their bravery!

Reactions: 41

CandyPink99

Has anyone been following the Shanquella Robinson case?

A hairstylist from North Carolina. She went to Mexico a month ago with a group of friends, and one of the girls on the trip beat her to death . Their is a video online of her in a hotel room being beaten by the girl while Shanquella is naked, it is horrifying to watch, 5 other friends are there recording it and not intervening. One of the people behind the camera is shouting saying ‘why aren’t you fighting back’ but in a mocking way.

Cabo police initially ruled the death as alcohol poisoning but she actually died from a broken neck and I believe her spine was snapped as well. All the friends stories kept on changing when speaking to her family afterwards. Saying she had drank too much etc. Her family knew something was wrong but Mexico police refused to investigate. It’s been announced today that her death is now a homicide investigation. Twitter is very loud about the case and you can view the video on there. Made me feel so sad to think how much pain she must have been in.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 40

LilPinkie

VIP Member
With the delphi murders it makes my blood run cold that a family member considered it okay to drop two young girls off at such a remote desolate spot to go walking.

The first couple of years after their murders we were led to believe they were dropped off at a busy section of the trails, a section that was popular in attracting lots of visitors.

The photo that was taken of the man/suspect backs up that this clearly wasn't the case because it shows a much more isolated remote area.
From someone who has read up and listened to so much of this case in the last five years, this was completely normal for residents of Delphi and a lot of trails in the States are like this. In fact, when you watch the YouTube vids of some who walk the trial, it’s actually no different to some national parks in this country. And the bridge actually isn’t far from where they were dropped off so they actually weren’t far into the trail. They were teenage girls. To hike a trail should be ok. The blame lies with the killer. No one else.

It was an older sister thst dropped them off. Although she herself was a teenager at the time I still couldn't imagine my teenage self dropping off a younger sibling to such a place.

This is a photo that was taken on the day. You can see its not a popular busy trail

View attachment 1722858
You really need to watch a video to get some context. Not remote to the locals at all. And teenagers went over this bridge all the time despite it being rickety. It was quiet that day because it was a day off school so a lot of people would’ve been working.

• Heart
Reactions: 39

Libertine1975

VIP Member
The Meredith Kercher case makes me feel so sad. I feel she was totally forgotten in the Knox media circus. She might not be a murderer but Amanda Knox is not in my opinion a good person. The photos of her in Italy released last week were totally inappropriate especially given the closeness to the date of Meredith's murder.

• Heart
Reactions: 38

Silverback

VIP Member
To me life in prison is worse than the death penalty ! I don’t know if anyone has seen any of the 60 days in but it petrified me !

But all the parents seemed to be baying for blood as someone previously said. Which actually I was surprised about as there has been so much blood shed it needs to stop 🛑
When the parents were talking about their children and how they were loved and how they achieved such amazing things etc … I did look at Cruz and think why couldn’t he be loved and why couldn’t he be able to achieve amazing things.
All Children are not given the same opportunity’s or the same start in life is that just and fair ? I really don’t think it is and someone like Cruz is the product of a society that doesn’t value each child equally.
Two things here: obviously I don’t know if you’ve got kids but as a mother I can tell you- if I had to sit in a court room and listen to how some fucker shot holes into my child’s body and obliterated their heads I would want that fucker DEAD. No question.

But, yes in an ideal world all children would have a nice upbringing and feel loved and accepted. Sadly, they don’t. There are many kids who have horrible upbringings. BUT. Only a teeny tiny minority of those kids take it upon themselves to murder others because they’ve felt hard done by. Murder is a choice.

• Heart
Reactions: 36

Silverback

VIP Member
I just saw the video of poor Sebastian Kalinowski in his bedroom, lowering himself slowly into his chair. It has broken my heart. I don’t fucking understand people. Why is the world so cruel? I don’t get it. I don’t get it.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 35

Silverback

VIP Member
The bottom line is, if America didn’t allow the reckless sale of guns then all of the kids from all of these school shootings would still be alive.

And all of those pro-gun cunts who bleat on about a ‘right to bear arms’ just like the feel of a pistol in their hands and enjoy the shooting range. It makes them feel powerful.

Fuck them. Ideally someone would just shoot all of them rather than innocent school kids.

• Heart
Reactions: 34

Kofi Annan

Corrie McKeague apparently had form for sleeping in bins though? I think if you use the pencil analogy that has been stated previously there are lots of things in his disappearance that lead to that being his cause of death:
- no CCTV of him coming out of that road where large bins were located, after going down there intoxicated
- incorrect weighing information in regard to the bin trucks
- the delay of then searching a huge landfill site for what would have been significantly decomposed and decapitated body parts (crushed by bin lorry mechanism)
- his mobile phone losing all connection within the immediate vicinity of his disappearance
- his girlfriend had his baby and it did not bring him out of the woodwork

I think given all of this, it's reasonable to come to the conclusion that he died due to misadventure.

Reactions: 34

iieee

VIP Member
I was just thinking about the man who was found dead in a hotel room in Venice and his girlfriend was found badly injured.
The press were full of speculation about rough sex or sex games at the time.
Just had a look and it turns out he died of a heart attack whilst he was beating her up ! She sounds lucky to be alive the poor woman
View attachment 1662443
I think that "sex game gone wrong" quote actually came from the Italian police. Which they also said after Meredith Kercher's murder. I can't think of any case that genuinely fits that description and I personally find it offensive.

Reactions: 33