Real Life Crime and Murder #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh jeez. I had been trying to think of people and forgot about David Jason. I too read it as someone who is possibly already elderly. But had to be a pretty big household name. I can totally see it happening though. This would be very hard for the public to accept I think. Only fools and horses tainted forever. (If it’s him, appreciate this is just speculation)
That’s how I feel every one looks back fondly at Only fools including me. I’ve grown up watching it. So if it is true I don’t think I’d be able to let that go. Just horrible that you even have to wonder isn’t it. There was also some weird story a few years back that when he was filming something. At all times he had a body guard with him due to “threats” whilst filming. Why would any one bother Del Boy 🧐

Reactions: 10
I’m dying to know who?
I genuinely have no idea, can you give a clue?

Can you give a clue as I’ve no idea?
I’ve seen it alleged in quite a few forum posts that it’s the person famous for his beloved acting role in which he regularly calls people ‘plonkers’ 😒
* Edited to correct grammar

• Sad
Reactions: 4
I’m certain things will come out about DJ considering boys were abused at his house and rumours have been swirling for years.

Reactions: 3
David Jason is just an actor though, a much loved one sure but still just an actor. Who - and more importantly why - would be protecting him? It just doesn’t fit with the article that he is the one.

Reactions: 7
Of course there is.
Ireland had another Prime Time Investigates about Arás Attracta, a home (don't know if it was nursing home or for people with intellectual disabilities) but that abuse those poor residents went through was horrific, and only for that it would still be happening there.

I can't understand how someone working in that setting can behave like that
I guess if you are a pathetic loser who gets off on controlling and abusing people weaker than you who can't defend themselves, nursing homes and nurseries are the perfect environment for that.

David Jason is just an actor though, a much loved one sure but still just an actor. Who - and more importantly why - would be protecting him? It just doesn’t fit with the article that he is the one.
The same reason that Jimmy Savile was protected? I don’t know what that reason is, but it happened with JS so it’s not unreasonable to think it could happen to someone like DJ too.

Reactions: 7
The same reason that Jimmy Savile was protected? I don’t know what that reason is, but it happened with JS so it’s not unreasonable to think it could happen to someone like DJ too.
Different times. Can’t compare the protection of abusers in the 80’s to today. Plenty of high profile people have been investigated so I just don’t get why he would be considered untouchable.

Just saw on the news that they’ve charged a 34 year old for Olivia Korbell-Pratts murder. So glad to hear that!!
Seen the stuff circulating on SM. There are too many like him who think they’re untouchable. Flaunting ill-gotten gains and making peoples’ lives a misery. One can only hope this will be the tipping point.

Reactions: 8
Different times. Can’t compare the protection of abusers in the 80’s to today. Plenty of high profile people have been investigated so I just don’t get why he would be considered untouchable.
Jimmy Savile only died 11 years ago and his crimes all came out after he died. I don’t think society has changed that much in 10 years that someone high profile would no longer be protected. Why he’s being protected more than other high profile people I don’t know, but I think it would be similar reasons as JS. only fools and horses is a bbc programme, how much money will they still make from it? It was BBC (amongst others) that turned a blind eye to JS. It really wouldn’t surprise me if BBC protected some of their biggest assets.

Last edited:
  • Sick
Reactions: 14
Jimmy Savile only died 11 years ago and his crimes all came out after he died. I don’t think society has changed that much in 10 years that someone high profile could still be protected. Why he’s being protected more than other high profile people I don’t know, but I think it would be similar reasons as JS. only fools and horses is a bbc programme, how much money will they still make from it? It was BBC (amongst others) that turned a blind eye to JS. It really wouldn’t surprise me if BBC protected some of their biggest assets.
He just seems like a really random person to protect. All it does is cause speculation where potentially innocent people get named.

Reactions: 6
Seen the stuff circulating on SM. There are too many like him who think they’re untouchable. Flaunting ill-gotten gains and making peoples’ lives a misery. One can only hope this will be the tipping point.
i thought it was interesting how he’s being charged with murder and not manslaughter. I have hope but it’s always the little men that get put away

Reactions: 1
The police should have shut down speculation the minute the reports started coming out IMO!!
Yip, I suppose time will tell what if anything has been discovered. But yeah the media ran with the amateur sleuths find before it was confirmed, bitter blow for the family if its untrue and the general public are disappointed, everyone deserves a proper burial.

I do hope the police are searching in the right spot for Keith. The moors are vast and they may not find anything if they’re a metre or two out. I’m not saying these officers are bad at their job or anything and I do believe Keith is out there. There must have been something of significant interest in those photos that prompted them to search. If there was nothing of any interest in them then they surely wouldn’t have kicked off this search. Maybe it would be worth them taking the author onto the moor and him pointing out where he dug, if they have not done so already.

Definitely, there’s a ridiculous amount of people that choose to abuse children. There’s a lot of information available if you choose to look. But, a lot of stuff is ‘conspiracy theory sounding’

There was a document listing ‘high up’ pedophiles that was due to be looked into, on that very same day there was a bombing. The information on these people, was ‘lost’.

• Wow
It’s interesting that an article quoted on the ‘paedoair’ Wordpress account linked above refers to the police being notified multiple times of the abuse occurring at the airfield but did nothing about it. My first thought was that if David J was part of a paedophile ring with connections to the airfield, it’s entirely possible that senior police officers were/are also connected and that’s why he is protected. His wealth and fame would surely make him an asset. For whatever reason, a couple of members of the ring were investigated and jailed but they would not have been acting alone.

• Sick
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.