Questions for those who have been through menopause

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This thread 💕
Ok so I’m 52 and the last couple of years I have felt like death warmed up. I moved 18 months ago and have had builders in for the first 9 months solid so I put a lot down to crap and dust everywhere ( had to live through the reno as nothing to rent / COVID )
I’ve been on 10 mgs of citalapram for a few years as not depressed at all but felt overwhelmed at really small crappy stuff but my sleeping utterly shocking ( always take half a nytol ) I have resisted HRT and tried to battle through but after one particular terrible nights sleep I was on the phone to my doctor in tears. He suggested Evorel Conti patches twice a week which I started two weeks ago. I also had my merina coil removed today and replaced with a new one. The tiredness is like nothing I have ever experienced. Literally every bone in my body hurts. My weight has DEFINITELY gone up but I am avoiding the scales. Only one or two night sweats very infrequently but for a time when I woke up I would feel almost sea sick.
Its vile.
It’s a minefield. Reading this thread has been so helpful. Never heard of collagen powder so I am getting some tomorrow. I just want to sleep for a week. Hope everyone is feeling better today in some small way x

• Heart
Reactions: 3
This thread 💕
Ok so I’m 52 and the last couple of years I have felt like death warmed up. I moved 18 months ago and have had builders in for the first 9 months solid so I put a lot down to crap and dust everywhere ( had to live through the reno as nothing to rent / COVID )
I’ve been on 10 mgs of citalapram for a few years as not depressed at all but felt overwhelmed at really small crappy stuff but my sleeping utterly shocking ( always take half a nytol ) I have resisted HRT and tried to battle through but after one particular terrible nights sleep I was on the phone to my doctor in tears. He suggested Evorel Conti patches twice a week which I started two weeks ago. I also had my merina coil removed today and replaced with a new one. The tiredness is like nothing I have ever experienced. Literally every bone in my body hurts. My weight has DEFINITELY gone up but I am avoiding the scales. Only one or two night sweats very infrequently but for a time when I woke up I would feel almost sea sick.
Its vile.
It’s a minefield. Reading this thread has been so helpful. Never heard of collagen powder so I am getting some tomorrow. I just want to sleep for a week. Hope everyone is feeling better today in some small way x
It makes me so angry that we are so unprepared for this and ignorant. I didn;t get periods with the mirena, when I had it changed at 47 years old I asked the (female, womens health GP) how I would know when I started the menopause and all she said was 'Oh you probably won't notice' No leaflet, no advice of what to look out for nothing. Turns out the insomnia, dizziness and anxiety that I had been suffering for a year and put down to other things as you do were the start. Called the British Menopause Society and asked for lealfets and posters to put up in my surgery and was told they don't have the budget!!

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Hi, new to this thread.

I'm 17 months post menopausal and on Friday my period restarted. Has this happened to anyone else?

• Sad
Reactions: 1
How old are you, if under 50 then menopause is 2 years after your last period
I've just turned 52. My Dr has referred me for testing at a cancer clinic which has terrified me. I've also been reading online that lots are reporting periods restarting after having vaccine.

I've just turned 52. My Dr has referred me for testing at a cancer clinic which has terrified me. I've also been reading online that lots are reporting periods restarting after having vaccine.
Your GP is doing the right thing, try not to panic, it could be a load of different things of which Cancer is just one.

They will refer any woman who bleeds after menopause. Are you on HRT? Sometimes it can be slight thickening of the womb lining, fibroids or polyps.

Reactions: 3
They will refer any woman who bleeds after menopause. Are you on HRT? Sometimes it can be slight thickening of the womb lining, fibroids or polyps.
No nothing and being really honest I've been really well, hot flushes and some sleeping issues but nothing unmanageable. This has really knocked me for six, and the referral to the clinic too has scared me.

No nothing and being really honest I've been really well, hot flushes and some sleeping issues but nothing unmanageable. This has really knocked me for six, and the referral to the clinic too has scared me.
It’s scary to get that kind of referral but it doesn’t have to mean the worst. Try not to worry. I’ve read of lots of women on the menopause matters forum been referred and it’s rarely anything serious. It just needs monitoring.

It’s scary to get that kind of referral but it doesn’t have to mean the worst. Try not to worry. I’ve read of lots of women on the menopause matters forum been referred and it’s rarely anything serious. It just needs monitoring.
Thank you, just seems to be soo little real information out there. Is menopause matter a Facebook forum ?

Thank you, just seems to be soo little real information out there. Is menopause matter a Facebook forum ?
No it’s a website.
Just google menopause matters forum then in search bar type ‘post menopausal bleeding’.

I am on estrogel and having the mirena coil inserted tomorrow.
I am still struggling to get my estrogel right....
2 pumps in the morning worked for a couple of nights and then I went back to waking in the wee hours so I have added another pump this am.
I'm 55 and assuming I am post menopausal.

So I have just had a great consultation with the GP and she has told me to stop taking Elleste solo now and has prescribed oestrogel. You apply it to your thigh at night. One pump on each. She said it’s stronger than tablets and safer in terms of clots. Fingers crossed that it suits me

Let me know how you get on with your doctor. I would just say to him that you would very much like to try hrt and see how it works for you x

l this thread ❤
How are you getting on with it?

Random question but are sore boobs a thing with menopause?
Yes

Last edited:
2 pumps in the morning worked for a couple of nights and then I went back to waking in the wee hours so I have added another pump this am.

Yes
Hqave you tried magnesium for the insomnia

Hi, new to this thread.

I'm 17 months post menopausal and on Friday my period restarted. Has this happened to anyone else?
Yes it's happening to me right now. I'm 52 too and around 15 months since last. Maybe there is something in the vaccine theory🤔 not heard about that 'til read here. Sending positive vibes for your referal consultation 🤗

• Heart

Yes
I swear by lamberts Theanine and lemon balm complex for sleep... it’s honestly helped me so much. It has really helped me with the sleep and anxiety side of menopause

Attachments