PTWM #82 Just a thought, PTWM is on tour, but she’s no Bob Geldof

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m sure Rachel turning up at the food bank in her designer gear and DM sandals is a great comfort for the families experiencing tough times . Also wouldn’t she have lived with reduced cooking facilities in her needle filled bedsit she used to post about?

Reactions: 31
Wow!!! Hoole is a very nice area of chester I’m shocked at what she just said about it! 😳 In fact Chester is a lovely city shes painting a very bleak picture of the city! Just duck off you stupid witch 🤬
Chester really is beautiful, Hoole is kind of the hipster/family kind of area. Even Blacon is beautiful, and a lot of the people she probably met, might not have two pounds to rub together but they’re wealthier than she will ever be. I know for a fact that if I asked for a hand with something in Blacon, someone would help. I suppose she is trained to see the ugliness in people, she has to look at herself in the mirror each day!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I’m sure Rachel turning up at the food bank in her designer gear and DM sandals is a great comfort for the families experiencing tough times . Also wouldn’t she have lived with reduced cooking facilities in her needle filled bedsit she used to post about?
Exactly. That’s how we all know she’s a bloody liar. She really winds me up.

Reactions: 7
I flicked through two and only heard two bits, one the bit above about their amazing home cooked meals, and the other about there “just being loads of tins of beans”.

Out of context of the bigger conversation it sounded as though she was implying that people didn’t really care and just lobbed some beans in the food bank box. I hope it doesn’t put anyone off donating, like I’ve mentioned before, I volunteer at a local foodbank and it’s true we get a hell of a lot of tons of beans in comparison to other products, but they’re also one of the cheapest items in the store. Like a tin of own brand beans is less than 20p, for some people that’s all they can afford to buy on top of their own shopping to donate because they’re genuinely lovely and kind people and I’d hate for anyone to stop because they think it’s not appreciated. 😔
I am working with someone who uses food banks frequently. We were talking about it the other day and discussing how they walk the 6 miles round trip to go to the food bank and how it's always lots of tinned food (beans) but they are so bleeping grateful for what they are given, they don't care.
Thank you for what you do, it's so appreciated

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 30
I'm still so lost. So far....she used to live in a bedsit etc etc but now she seems to have no idea of life like that? Also. I still don't get what this trip is?!

Reactions: 24
Just trying to workout the timeline of how old the boys were when they got together.
Seb was 9 when it was "official" but they got together before that.

Her stories prove right of what people have said, she has never lived in a refuge or a hostel. She'd be more relatable and not look so shocked by what she's being told!

Reactions: 16
Well I live a relatively nice life that now in late 30’s I’ve worked hard for as has mr dogdad we are in a position where we can not worry about the cost of our weekly shop but believe me when the kids were young we scraped by BUT I love love love tinned boiled potatoes I didn’t realise if we ate tinned veg we are to be pitied - god her pity tour has made become an active member I’ve commented that much

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I just don’t get what her end game is after she finishes her roving reporter work experience - what is this meant to be achieving
Nothing. It will achieve nothing. I’ll tell you why. Instagram is a aesthetic platform. Being an ‘influencer’ is an aesthetic job based in consumerism. What ever she does this week, will be cancelled out next week when she goes home and starts posting ADs again. When people access Instagram it’s to escape from reality, get sound bite advice about their troubles, motivational quotes , memes, art, photography etc etc. They don’t access Instagram to watch documentaries about social issues. Their attention to each grid post isn’t long enough to sit through anything longer than a reel. Especially when they can’t engage live with the host.

So whilst she has clearly enjoyed herself meeting these people and I do applaud the effort to try to understand the issues, fundamentally when she gets home, her page will return to being consumer based. Unless she’s sacking off all ADs and devoting herself to this full time. Someone said earlier ‘you can do both.’ You can absolutely, but not from same page and you will have to accept people calling you a hypocrite, a lot. You can’t ask people for financial help with one hand and then get paid exponentially for asking them to spend on whatever brand you are promoting with the other. It’s to contradictory and for the more intelligent user, it will be something you’ll happily criticise.

However, I just hope she’s grown as a person a little to be honest. That would be something at least. That she realises that actually, she does not and has not had it that bad. Then she can stop shitting all over her Mother, Sam and whomever else has annoyed her.

Reactions: 32
She has got this so wrong. To the point she couldn’t have it more so even if she tried. She’s missing the mark spectacularly. I’m a little bit lost with what to say to be honest. Something about this is leaving a rotten taste in my mouth and is actually quite uncomfortable. These people she’s ‘interviewing’ (and I really do use that in the loosest possible way) are clearly passionate about what they’re doing and appear to be in it for the right reasons. She’s come along, patronising as duck, making it all about her and turning it all into the Rach show.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
I feel sick seeing her broken heart emojis over food bank posts like she gives a bleeping crap. I’ve fed my eldest beans on toast many times, tinned ravioli and bread, spaghetti with sausages etc, and that’s not just necessarily when we’ve had to rely on food banks (which we have, multiple times). It’s quick, easy and cheap and tbh it’s more nutritious than fast food.

Not everyone can afford to feed their kids roast dinners, steak and prawns every night, Rachel, you insensitive witch.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
I feel sick seeing her broken heart emojis over food bank posts like she gives a bleeping crap. I’ve fed my eldest beans on toast many times, tinned ravioli and bread, spaghetti with sausages etc, and that’s not just necessarily when we’ve had to rely on food banks (which we have, multiple times). It’s quick, easy and cheap and tbh it’s more nutritious than fast food.

Not everyone can afford to feed their kids roast dinners, steak and prawns every night, Rachel, you insensitive witch.
And I think, as we suspected, that we can be certain after this escapade that this is a women who has never been on her uppers, never lived in a bed sit and never been in a refuge. Also the denim jacket 🙈😂

Reactions: 25
Wow, how patronising can you get…
I’m embarrassed for her. Only one us working in my house as I chose to stay home with the children until they are of school age so I’m constantly counting pennies. I’ve had £1.20 in my account for 10 days. Haven’t been able to take the kids anywhere or do anything with them other than get them paddling pool out and walks around our village. I’ve had to borrow money for our food shop tomorrow. She just doesn’t understand and shouldn’t be anywhere near these people. She’s a liar, a cheat, a fraud and a scammer. More people are seeing her for what she truly is, a disgusting c u next Tuesday.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 45
And I think, as we suspected, that we can be certain after this escapade that this is a women who has never been on her uppers, never lived in a bed sit and never been in a refuge. Also the denim jacket 🙈😂
The denim jacket I strongly suspect was upcycled by Astrid as a gift.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Yes, apparently so. Rach and Hannah were very close friends before she got with Joyce. She was obsessed with him (pillow sniffing obsessed), I guess she had to get the next best thing first.
duck me! That's not normal!!!!
And why is she always sniffing things?
Where is her psychiatrist?

The denim jacket I strongly suspect was upcycled by Astrid as a gift.
Yes, it definitely looks like Asteroids handy work.

Reactions: 7
This is the thing isn’t it you don’t necessarily need to be destitute to have to budget like that to be able put food on the table. It comes across as so patronising and out of touch (for someone that was in a bedsit with used needles???)
I was actually a fan until quite recently and I think even if you don’t know all of the back story (that this page has enlightened me to!) just this alone must make you think, are you sure hun 🤔.
Whichever way you cut it surely the most simplistic of people can recognise how distasteful it is to post pictures of your Taittinger gift the same day you are highlighting poverty. I don’t think the celebs with 100 times her bank balance would be that gross. She can do whatever she wants with her money of course she can but please read the room.
Sorry I know repeating what you have all said but I have finally cracked 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.