PTWM #82 Just a thought, PTWM is on tour, but she’s no Bob Geldof

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And I think, as we suspected, that we can be certain after this escapade that this is a women who has never been on her uppers, never lived in a bed sit and never been in a refuge. Also the denim jacket 🙈😂
Essentially that’s what stood out to me. She’s never experienced real hardship and the platform she built on Facebook was not a true depiction of what she went through. She thought she was having it rough and she emotionally manipulated people into feeling what she felt. I think above else what this will do is alienate the followers that believed in her as someone like them. They will be confused and they will take offence to the way she is describing their still very real struggles.

Unfortunately for Rachael one of her biggest problems has been not recognising her demographic, which is why her thread is popular on here. Another problem she may have is if she wants to take a more charitable, sedate approach to her page, she has to dial down the materialism. It may work for her, but Josh is whole other ball game. Josh wants the financially comfortable, indulgent lifestyle they have. If she wants to relate to people who will help her grow the CIC, she needs to privatise her wealth and dial back ADs.

Now that’s all of P/A Jo’s job I’m doing for tonight 🙃

Reactions: 34
Essentially that’s what stood out to me. She’s never experienced real hardship and the platform she built on Facebook was not a true depiction of what she went through. She thought she was having it rough and she emotionally manipulated people into feeling what she felt. I think above else what this will do is alienate the followers that believed in her as someone like them. They will be confused and they will take offence to the way she is describing their still very real struggles.

Unfortunately for Rachael one of her biggest problems has been not recognising her demographic, which is why her thread is popular on here. Another problem she may have is if she wants to take a more charitable, sedate approach to her page, she has to dial down the materialism. It may work for her, but Josh is whole other ball game. Josh wants the financially comfortable, indulgent lifestyle they have. If she wants to relate to people who will help her grow the CIC, she needs to privatise her wealth and dial back ADs.

Yes agree with all of this. She actually needs someone to advise her not to make these errors (Not trying to give her tips!)

But you articulated what I’m thinking far better than I did.

Reactions: 9
Maybe her and fannybaws are going line dancing tonight with that jacket on 🤠

This shitshow is getting on my last nerve. It stinks of insincerity, oneupmanship, bragging and stroking her own ego. Nothing new here then is there 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Has anyone else noticed how awkward R looks when she is being recorded having to listen to other people? She looks red and like she's away to start laughing.

Reactions: 16

Rachel is hugely materialistic.

Reactions: 15
Goe
This is the thing isn’t it you don’t necessarily need to be destitute to have to budget like that to be able put food on the table. It comes across as so patronising and out of touch (for someone that was in a bedsit with used needles???)
I was actually a fan until quite recently and I think even if you don’t know all of the back story (that this page has enlightened me to!) just this alone must make you think, are you sure hun 🤔.
Whichever way you cut it surely the most simplistic of people can recognise how distasteful it is to post pictures of your Taittinger gift the same day you are highlighting poverty. I don’t think the celebs with 100 times her bank balance would be that gross. She can do whatever she wants with her money of course she can but please read the room.
Sorry I know repeating what you have all said but I have finally cracked 🤣
How did you find us here? Hoping many more people come along.

Reactions: 12
Aside from this trip clearly highlighting she’s never really had to worry about the roof over children’s head or putting food in their mouths, what I don’t understand is what is the aim of the CIC?! What actual services will they provide?! She’s all over the place at the moment, shadowing mental health assistance (the gym), food poverty & environmental issues, fleeing DV, that’s a very broad spectrum to provide genuine assistance for, each with their own huge complexities & systematic procedures to navigate carefully.
Jack of all trades master of none!
Surely she’d be better concentrating her efforts on one sector & become clued up as she can on that?
Oh wait, I forgot, she’s gonna dedicate herself to sending fluffy clouds & face masks out & save the planet & people’s lives that way! 🙄

Well I live a relatively nice life that now in late 30’s I’ve worked hard for as has mr dogdad we are in a position where we can not worry about the cost of our weekly shop but believe me when the kids were young we scraped by BUT I love love love tinned boiled potatoes I didn’t realise if we ate tinned veg we are to be pitied - god her pity tour has made become an active member I’ve commented that much
Same with us, some of the ‘meals’ I’ve cobbled together over the years would make her cry fake tears by the sounds of it. I had no idea I should be pitied.

• Sad
Reactions: 20
Goe

How did you find us here? Hoping many more people come along.
Even when I was her fan it had always really bothered me that the boys didn’t see their mum (after all her Trevi houses posts etc). I started googling out of sheer nosiness. I had heard of the site because of the Mother of Daughters scandal. There was always stuff that made me feel a bit uneasy but had no idea of the extent

Reactions: 27

This shitshow is getting on my last nerve. It stinks of insincerity, oneupmanship, bragging and stroking her own ego. Nothing new here then is there 🙄
Fanny brows!!! That's the funniest thing i've heard all day!!!!

Why has she gone dressed like an extra from the Lone Ranger? 🤔
Coz she's going line dancing!!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
“One of my best friends Jordan” - why does everyone have to be her best friend. Why can’t she just say my friend like any other adult!

Reactions: 25

Fannybaws! I thought you'd said fanny brows, describing her new eyebrows!!!
😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Interesting that she’s just described something that’s “like Eat That Frog but they’re all volunteers” so it if possible to do Nina’s job without collecting a salary.

I really don’t understand why she’s doing this “tour” still. Makes no more sense than you or I doing it but tbh I don’t need to, I know what’s there to support deprived people in my community because I’ve had to access parts of it.

It was actually really interesting watching her stories tonight when she spoke about the places she'd visited (despite her limited vocabulary... lush, amazing, phenomenal etc.🙄). But what struck me more than anything (aside from how clear it now is that she has never been in a situation that is anything close to what these people are experiencing) was that she has never ever gone into as much detail about anything she has done. When she talks about her 'work' it is only ever in vague terms, like she's busy behind the scenes or is working on something exciting. Or we see pics of her pissing about at ETF etc. Even with the women's centre, none of us really know what's going to happen there (aside from people doing their washing whilst having a cuppa on a lush chair...). By raising awareness of the great work these people are doing, what she's actually done is expose how little she actually does for anyone. And I find that really quite hilarious 😆

And she also helpfully mentioned that the documentary will be shared on her insta. But she doesn't read here.. 😏

Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.