PTWM #79 Instead of lying about paint spills and lids, please just try to parent your kids

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thread suggestion? Rach, you're a cruel witch. Penguin, you need to ditch.

Reactions: 44
Does that paragraph put at the beginning of books really absolve the writer from any responsibility?

What would happen if the boys Mom took the book to a solicitor with her paperwork etc and the resemblance was there? Would it be ignored because they've put that paragraph there?
No, she’d very likely have a case but she would have to admit in open court that the things in the book happened. The burden of proof would be on her.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
I hope the boys never read this book and I also hope S doesn't read it or get told whats in it.
I agree that R is a very clever woman, and that makes her even more scary, and this is the exact reason why more people don't go head to head with her, because they know they haven't got the money to fight her in court. Although, if she didn't lie her way to a huge instagram account, she wouldn't have the money either.
It will all eventually bite her on the arse (in what way I don't know) but this instagram/hun shield she hides behind won't always be there 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 21
She seems to really gloat about what happened with the boys Mom. She is nasty and calculated and is now using her story against her again.

How is she going to treat or respond to any woman that seeks her help (god help them) who could very well be in the same position the boys Mom was?

She has evil running through her core that one does. Absolute evil.

The paragraphs from the book have really triggered me. So for my own wellbeing I'm going to step back from this thread and tattle for a while. I'm so bleeping angry right now that I can't process my thoughts properly.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 42
Wow! How can anyone read this ‘fiction book’ and not realise it’s her life? I’m completely shocked she has had this published. She’s is horrific!

Reactions: 13
I think legally R will see no repercussions but socially, I’m not so sure. Would josh really be OK with it? It’s his sons and his ex wife and he must have loved her once (as an aside, imagine her noting that “Jamie” asked if “laura” was OK when informed of the suicide attempt - what sort of a psycho wouldn’t ask that question?), the boys? Mummy? Hannah?

it’s really not OK and I am not at all sure they won’t close ranks on her for this.

Even if this was a work of fiction, do people really read this dross? It’s so boring

Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.