PTWM #79 Instead of lying about paint spills and lids, please just try to parent your kids

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No doubt it took so long to be published because the legal team were dotting every I and crossing every t.
She will come out of it smelling of roses cos she always does. She is a disgrace to humankind. I really hope I am proved wrong and this book is her total downfall! Those kids are the ones who need protecting

Reactions: 30
Well done you! I hope they take note.
This appalling slanderous, utter bollocks of a "book" should be withdrawn!
Itā€™s only libel if it can be proven to be untrue. It isnā€™t. One incident was confirmed by the person in question as already stated on here. Legal action could be taken for defamation I believe as itā€™s blatantly obvious who all the characters are based upon.

Sheā€™s done it because she knows full well S wonā€™t pursue it. To do so would mean publicly admitting whatā€™s in the book is true, and lots of Sā€™s wrong-doing would come to light.

Sheā€™s quite scary in how calculating and Machiavellian she is and I genuinely donā€™t think sheā€™s anything close to thick. She knows just how to play things and who to throw under the bus, when.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 47
bleeping hell!! I just have no words.

My heart literally breaks for those poor boys! They have no privacy at all. Theyā€™ve been sold out completely. The only way any of them can fight back is admitting publicly that sheā€™s used the worst part of their lives for a book deal.
I agree. Iā€™m disgusted this book has ever been published! How dare she!

Reactions: 15
Sorry @Lucyinthesky88 - I have to ask as I didnā€™t think you would be approved for an advance copy of the book.
How are you a member of NetGalley?
Are you a professional reviewer or journalist etc?
Itā€™s just that I know you need to demonstrate that your review of the book will be seen in some volume to get an sanctioned by the publisher through NetGalley to get advance copy from the publisher. You also have to register with your full details.
This is kind of weird to me that you would have been approved if you are just a reader with no influence.
Sorry to ask but it just seems odd šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø
I belong to a similar club and they literally give the books away free if you are picked. You dont need to have social media presence at all or to be an influencer of any kind at all

It's really not that odd!!

Reactions: 14
I do have to laugh at this....
"This is a work of fiction, names and characters are a product of the authors imagination and any resemblance to persons living or dead is entirely coincidental"
Clearly penguin know its based on true events and real people and are covering their arsed. They are just as bad for allowing it tbh
Thatā€™s a standard disclaimer, posted in all books and in the credits of pretty much all TV shows and films.

Reactions: 10
From what Iā€™ve seen so far, ā€˜too close for comfortā€™ is probably the best answer.

Iā€™d be interested in seeing more of that chapter as to how far sheā€™s taken it.

I think sheā€™s done just enough hinting at without adding the vital details, therefore keeping herself on the right side of being sued.
I wonder if this is why itā€™s taken two years...maybe sheā€™s been told she had to re jig bits of the ā€˜bookā€™ to stop her being sued?

Reactions: 6
Thatā€™s a standard disclaimer, posted in all books and in the credits of pretty much all TV shows and films.
Agree, but I think itā€™s the ā€˜authors imaginationā€™, thatā€™s the laughable bit. Never seen that before.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Those poor poor boys being caught up in this.
I wish someone would put them first.
Also poor S, I had no idea about the cliffs thing, I thought it was a car crash she was always alluding to with S.

• Sad
Reactions: 17
Having an easy Sunday morning and thought letā€™s see whatā€™s happening on tattle - well. Christ on a bike.
We all knew this book (I use the term loosely) was going to be horrendous but this reads more of badly written fan fiction. This is how she wanted it to go. In her head, this is her life.
She has no care for others or the consequences of her actions, she has genuinely come to view herself as a self proclaimed saviour.
My heart breaks for those boys and their mother. This isnā€™t Rā€™s story to tell.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I wonder if this is why itā€™s taken two years...maybe sheā€™s been told she had to re jig bits of the ā€˜bookā€™ to stop her being sued?
Iā€™d say itā€™s cos of how utterly abysmal the writing is.

Itā€™s unbelievable sheā€™s already working on a third book! How could anyone give her a publishing contract after how poor this is?

Reactions: 18
Itā€™s only libel if it can be proven to be untrue. It isnā€™t. One incident was confirmed by the person in question as already stated on here. Legal action could be taken for defamation I believe as itā€™s blatantly obvious who all the characters are based upon.

Sheā€™s done it because she knows full well S wonā€™t pursue it. To do so would mean publicly admitting whatā€™s in the book is true, and lots of Sā€™s wrong-doing would come to light.

Sheā€™s quite scary in how calculating and Machiavellian she is and I genuinely donā€™t think sheā€™s anything close to thick. She knows just how to play things and who to throw under the bus, when.
You're right, she's probably researched it enough to know that she can get away with it.

Yes, I'm sure she knows that she will get away
with this. She's a despicable witch who wants to promote herself, make money and continue to torment S.
bleeping evil monster.
Why did she ever want Seb and Isaac?
She doesn't even like her own children very much šŸ˜”.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
I do have to laugh at this....
"This is a work of fiction, names and characters are a product of the authors imagination and any resemblance to persons living or dead is entirely coincidental"
Clearly penguin know its based on true events and real people and are covering their arsed. They are just as bad for allowing it tbh
Does that paragraph put at the beginning of books really absolve the writer from any responsibility?

What would happen if the boys Mom took the book to a solicitor with her paperwork etc and the resemblance was there? Would it be ignored because they've put that paragraph there?

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.