PTWM #156 Betsy’s off to work in Foot Locker,Rachel is still off her rocker.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've just seen the post about the nursery taking away his animals and trying to get him to play with something else.

Absolutely awful practice. Awful and Ofsted would be questioning why you have removed a childs interest. We had similar at our nursery.

Those animals should be included in all set ups through the setting which makes it inclusive for Wilby, not taken away and forcing him into play and only giving them back when he is starting to get upset and needing them.

You could easily meet all of his learning goals using animals as the basis and introduce other things into play. Well, any half decent practitioner would be able to do that.

Its written all through the eyfs and development matters about meeting the needs of the child in all aspects of development. If this practitioner was on my setting, I'd be having a chat in the office about her practice.

Those two posts are making me wonder whether actually the Nursery are that unprofessional that they are ignoring concerns about Wilbys fucked up home life? And how does Rachel manage to find these people that are equally as tit as she is?!?!
Or is Rachel just making tit up without considering the consequences for the person she’s accusing of terrible practice?

Reactions: 22
To me it shows how much the preschool are encouraging him to try new things, which he’s doing, rather than his tit parents who think he’s going to have the worlds worst meltdown constantly

Reactions: 52
So she was upset about that other little boys nursery not giving him affection when that’s what he wanted but it’s ok to take away Winifreds animals 🙄
Does anyone know what nursery he is at? Obviously don’t say on here but I’m wondering if anyone had worked it out yet.

Reactions: 4
I know duck all about Nursery practice, but could it be that the staff see the animal situation as something that is being reinforced routinely at home, but not something that he actually needs. Therefore they are testing his boundaries by slowly introducing a more widespread play?

Rachael has been banging the lining up drum for over a year. Encouraging him to do it etc, perhaps it's a nurtured behaviour, not a natural one and nursery see that and are slowly phasing it out for school? As I said, I don't know, but that makes sense to me.

Reactions: 89
I know duck all about Nursery practice, but could it be that the staff see the animal situation as something that is being reinforced routinely at home, but not something that he actually needs. Therefore they are testing his boundaries by slowly introducing a more widespread play?

Rachael has been banging the lining up drum for over a year. Encouraging him to do it etc, perhaps it's a nurtured behaviour, not a natural one and nursery see that and are slowly phasing it out for school? As I said, I don't know, but that makes sense to me.
100% agree with this. I personally think they are attempting to phrase him out of behaviours R&J have taught him, e.g bad eating habits, the animals etc.

Reactions: 58

This is how I perceived it too Frida. He doesn't seem to play with anything else at home (unless you count the toilet as water play)and they don't try other toys or activities with him.

Reactions: 39
I didn't read those updates as the nursery taking away his comforts and refusing to give them to him 🤷‍♀️
Sounds like they are allowing him to have them when needed and along side other toys and play, aswell as encouraging him to open his mind to other forms of play

Reactions: 53

Yes! I know how familiar objects and routines are important and comforting to autistic children, but it would be very lazy of the nursery to not even try to encourage other play. They've never said they won't allow him to have them, they've merely encouraged other stuff. Whereas Spongebob and Patrick always let him have them because they know it's the easy option and keeps him away from interrupting their hard loving.

I would like to suggest The Silky Penis and the One Eyed bleep of a Bear as a thread title please, with credit going to @Cady1954 for coming up with Rancho's new nickname.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
That’s exactly the way I see it also, the nursery are spotting repetitive behaviours that are having a negative impact on his learning. They’ll still have the animals there if he needs them but R is enforcing this and it’s not doing W any good at all.

I’m sorry if I offend anyone here but I think the nursery is quite right to do this and the stories she is showing of him basically taking over any public setting they are in with animals is absolutely ridiculous. The amount of animals he is laying out in cafes, restaurants is beyond a joke. Not only is it dangerous trip hazards to other people it’s another scenario where she is not saying no to him. It is a learned behaviour. My eldest always needed some toy animals out with him at that age but he took 2 or 3, not a suitcase full!

Reactions: 50
Everything she's said so far, being that Nursery said that he is ready for mainstream school at the typical age, that he will eat new foods, that he can play without routine when encouraged, that he is fine around the other children and shows interest in them.

Well it sounds to me like they are very diplomatically saying 'Get your tit together," to Rachael and Josh. If it was a case study I was reading to analyse. That's the take out for me 🤷🏻‍♀️.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
She's shared his online learning pages. The second one even says hes anxious without them so why bloody well remove them?!?

This has made me so angry!!
I must be reading it completely different to you because I see that all as quite positive. The anxiety is about the animals being moved too much, possibly by other children. Not about the animals being taken away. All they are doing is giving him encouragement to play in other ways and it seems to sometimes work.

Reactions: 34
I must be reading it completely different to you because I see that all as quite positive. The anxiety is about the animals being moved too much, possibly by other children. Not about the animals being taken away. All they are doing is giving him encouragement to play in other ways and it seems to sometimes work.
I agree, encouraging him to play with other toys.

I couldn’t get my head around the bath with all the animals in, that was a ridiculous amount, I thought at 1st he was just washing them and leaning over the bath, but he was sitting in with them.

It’s seems she has no boundaries with him just let him do what he wants to prevent a meltdown, also the big bag of animals when he was out with T

When my daughter was that age she had a limit of 2 toys to take out.

Reactions: 25
I’m no expert in autism so if I offend anyone I apologise in advance but sometimes I get the feeling that some of W’s behaviour they allow just for an easier life. Having to watch an iPad when he eats, only eating certain foods, being allowed to take a trillion animals out with him. My children would love a life of being allowed to only eat certain things whilst watching an iPad and will constantly try their luck and take all their toys out when we leave the house but we don’t allow them, yeah they throw little tantrums but we deal with it and then it becomes easier next time until it becomes not an issue.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
I know zilch about nursery or early years curriculum. It's been a long time since mine were that little.
I do believe that the nursery are very gently correcting the crappy parenting of Mutley and Dastardly. I imagine all of this is noted. I'd like to hope so. Wibble deserves so much more than these two clowns give him.
Thanks for all the help earlier aswell. I haven't sorted it, but I need my daily Tattle fix so I'll muddle though 🤣

Reactions: 26
I agree that the nursery are doing the right thing. When my son went to nursery he had a pillow he dragged everywhere with him and he was allowed to take it but the agreement was that he only got it for a small time if he REALLY needed it. The nursery will have in mind that he can't take eleventy billion animals into school with him and will be working on setting boundaries...something his hole parents can't be bothered doing.

The nursery have already said that they believe a mainstream school will be best for him, so they'll know that they have their work cut out getting him ready because Tweedle twit and Tweedle bleep can't be arsed interacting with him and helping him in any way

Reactions: 35
To me it shows how much the preschool are encouraging him to try new things, which he’s doing, rather than his tit parents who think he’s going to have the worlds worst meltdown constantly
I just can’t work out how she’s suddenly forget to parent after previously having 3 others.?
Why would she not know how to feed a 3 yr old, and know that playing with different tilts at his age will stimulate him. If I gave my 3 yr old the same jigsaw over and over they would launch it back at me😂

Reactions: 19
They are both lazy parents (I use that word loosely) Ratshit wanted a baby to keep a hold of no balls, but she never wanted to put the work in. She treats Wilby like a toy she is bored of and he is left to anyone who will do the work with him that her and that pathetic husband of hers can’t be bothered to do. Pair of absolute wankers.

• Sad
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.