Prince Harry & Meghan Rave thread

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m pretty indifferent to both sides but you can’t ignore the hate and vitriol Meghan has faced today on social media, it’s actually disgusting how people have spoken about her and how they’ve felt about the situation they are in. Beggars belief

Reactions: 17
I’ve always loved Harry. The poor lad lost his mum in a horrendous way and then had to walk behind her coffin and keep that stiff upper lip.
After his ‘wild’ days as a student and then in the army, I’ve always liked how down to earth he is. He appears to be a guy you could meet down the pub and have a pint with whilst playing pool or something.
I don’t know a lot about Meghan but I wouldn’t be surprised if there is racism and other dodgy stuff going on, the RF has not caught up with modern times.
I hope they can find peace and move on without too much of a rift. They have said they won’t stand down, just step back and that should be respected. Harry didn’t exactly ask to be born into royalty!

Reactions: 20
I think the problem is that the stuff he says before the comment is essentially saying that she should provide more evidence that she did seek help from the institution and was refused it, rather than just 'I don't believe she was suicidal'. Very quick to turn that 'I don't believe her' (which is what he seems to have said unless I watched the wrong video) into saying he doesn't believe that the institution refused the help or she tried to get the help. It's still in poor taste obviously, and the lack of sympathy is showing.
He's got a history of poor views expressed in terms of mental health.

Reactions: 2
Agreed. This really got me thinking, despite us living in the 21st century, I think people cannot come to term that a man 'married out' than the usual 'female marrying in to a rich family' and people cannot come to term that why would Harry (the prince that they see growing up) gave up on his billon dollar empire to live with an American divorcee.

Like you said, Meghan choose to speak up and that didn't quite fit the royal mould - to me, is quite the notion of stiff upper lip, let's sweep everything under the carpet to protect fairy tale image of the royal family. (excuse my English, not my first language)
The Royal Family's fairy tale image was shattered, when Pricess Diana died. They were exposed for the completely out of touch, unfeeling people they really are.

Reactions: 12
I am quite indifferent to either ‘team’. Haven’t really followed closely except for the odd newspaper article so please correct me if I’ve missed something 😂.

I’m so confused at why they’ve decided to do to the interview/Netflix and is it Spotify? Or apple? They left the rf to have privacy and to have a life away from the public eye ( and fair enough! I cannot even imagine the stress of the constant press) from what I gathered....but the things they keep doing are very public. No where near having a ‘normal’ life out of the public domain. Have I missed something?
I was initially confused about this too but I think their explanation is that it was never about running away into the wilderness, never to be seen again. I thought they were moving to Canada for more privacy but it was actually for them to still work under the commonwealth - when things didn’t improve, they packed it all in and moved to LA. They still want to use their platforms (and obviously make money now that Harry has been cut off) but under their own terms. Now they can say what they want to say and they can’t be silenced.

Reactions: 11
I’m so confused at why they’ve decided to do to the interview/Netflix and is it Spotify? Or apple? They left the rf to have privacy and to have a life away from the public eye ( and fair enough! I cannot even imagine the stress of the constant press) from what I gathered....but the things they keep doing are very public. No where near having a ‘normal’ life out of the public domain. Have I missed something?
What are they doing that's very public? The interview? I think they are entitled to share their side of the story - so are the RF (I doubt they will though). At the end of the day, Harry is a prince and he will never have a "normal" life. The press are always going to be interested. I know some mention that other royals like Edward have quietly gotten on with things but he was never a major royal to begin with (imo, anyway). I think they understand that they will never have complete privacy and are happy to engage with the press when it makes sense and is fair, but they're asking for the intrusion to stop.

Reactions: 5
Obviously have engaged on the other thread about them and no doubt I'm not their biggest fan but the whole conversation on how the Queen and Phillip are old and one of them is unwell is so uncomfortable.
I remain critical of the way they have cut ties with the family and things they have said, but this expectation in society (which has been mentioned in the other thread) that you should be respectful to your family and especially the elders is so... not it. Coming from a narcissistic family myself, the idea that I should stick around and say nothing to help my mother once she's older just makes me feel icky. I suffered enough as it is, and if I want to leave and go no-contact I have all the right to, I shouldn't be shamed for it - the same goes for them, though of course I remain critical of the way they have done it because it's almost still choosing to engage with that toxicity.
Also Phillip has looked on the brink of death for as long as I can remember (is that too far?😂). No matter when they aired the interview, even if he hadn’t had his op the past week, haters would’ve said ‘how could they do this to Harry’s frail grandparents!’ It was pre-recorded and probably out of their hands when it was broadcast so for people to make out like they intentionally wanted to divert attention from Phillips ill-health is just a weak argument.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I have reached a decision, I am not going to watch the interview tonight - I have the programme on record. I may watch it, when the dust settles, then I can formulate my own opinion about what is being said. People are way to over emotional at the moment.

Reactions: 6
Im in no way excusing anyone’s behaviour, but the man is one hundred years old.

we can all grow and change and learn, but this is a man who lives in a very, very different time. no excuse, but sometimes you need to accept that a man of 100 (any man or woman at that age, royal or not) still see the world in a very different way, when this generation still struggles with racism, do we have a right to point fingers at a generation that were raised in a very different time.

Not derailing I know this is rave!
Nope. Don’t agree with this at all.

All this does is excuse racists for their racist views.

He, as a senior Royal with his wife the reigning figure head of state over many Commonwealth nations, had/has a duty to be more considered in his views. Why should any nation accept rule from bigots and racists?

Doubtless he’s had ample opportunity to learn and educate himself. His views have long been repulsive, not just now when he’s 99.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Cant remember if I read it on here (apologies if it’s already been said) or on twitter but Kate and William are meant to be mental health advocates. I’m assuming they were aware of how low Meghan was during her pregnancy. For them to parade round, pretending they care while not even bothering to help their own sister in law, the mother of their nephew, is disgusting. We all know Kate is the preferred royal - she would’ve more likely been listened to if she put in a word about getting Meghan some help to deal with it all but she didn’t bother. Instead she was part of the problem. I used to think she was kind and professional but nope, she really will do anything to save her own back. I can’t believe she’s going to be the queen one day.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I have reached a decision, I am not going to watch the interview tonight - I have the programme on record. I may watch it, when the dust settles, then I can formulate my own opinion about what is being said. People are way to over emotional at the moment.
This is also strange to me, how emotional people are over it especially on the other threads and different platforms. Perhaps it's something that I'm just not getting or I'm not that invested into the royal family as such, but I'm not sure why I should be upset because Harry left the Royal family because of that pesky Meghan 😂

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Cant remember if I read it on here (apologies if it’s already been said) or on twitter but Kate and William are meant to be mental health advocates. I’m assuming they were aware of how low Meghan was during her pregnancy. For them to parade round, pretending they care while not even bothering to help their own sister in law, the mother of their nephew, is disgusting. We all know Kate is the preferred royal - she would’ve more likely been listened to if she put in a word about getting Meghan some help to deal with it all but she didn’t bother. Instead she was part of the problem. I used to think she was kind and professional but nope, she really will do anything to save her own back. I can’t believe she’s going to be the queen one day.
Not if Gen Z can help it. 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Can someone explain to me why people are saying this interview is "going to kill Phillip off"??? Sorry but if finding out his son is an "alleged" p word hasn't made him ill already I don't think this will?

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Can someone explain to me why people are saying this interview is "going to kill Phillip off"??? Sorry but if finding out his son is an "alleged" p word hasn't made him ill already I don't think this will?
Honestly don’t think anything can kill Phillip off at this point. He’s immortal😂

• Haha
Reactions: 21
the RF has not caught up with modern times.
I pointed this out and a lot of people on the other thread seemed to disagree with me. Apparently having connections to at least one family member who isn't British and white automatically means they're not racist 🤷‍♀️
But it is true, older people who grew up in less 'politically correct' times are more likely to have outdated views, and even then a lot of the royals probably grew up around that and still hold views that are racists in most subtle ways (still racism, chances are a lot of people would just let it fly though).
Honestly I didn't realise how out of reality some upper-middle class (and those above them) people are until I went to Durham to study. A lot of people don't feel comfortable challenging stuff that isn't outwardly racist, and the people themselves are unlikely to have friends who are minorities or different cultures to call them out on it either. The RF doesn't seem to interact much outside their social bubble, so no one to really correct them or talk to them about it.
I wouldn't be surprised if their main education on this stuff is 'don't say it to the public, just keep it in the family' because really, how is some PR guy going to tell their superior that they can't say those things at all?

Reactions: 9
Nobody asked for my opinion but i’m going to chime it in anyway.
I do think Meghan has had it awful and has been portrayed as public enemy number 1 truthfully. I think Piers Morgan is a rancid hole who clearly has a deep hatred for women somewhere (as demonstrated from his treatment of MM and a million more people).

I also don’t understand why anyone gives a duck that Harry has abdicated. His position didn’t matter. He wasn’t going to be king.

I dunno how anyone can justify the conversations about how black her baby will be, why would anyone need to have that coversation? Harry has really been saying hes not for the royal family with his chest for many moons now. Why are people arsed.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Oops I spelt too wrong.

I bet what pisses Charles off even more is that even Princess Diana till this day is and was and forever be the better parent than he ever was. Even before her death, she set her kids up for their future. It’s like she saw the possible future. Harry was able to break away with the help of his mother!!
She is forever missed...

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.