Prince Harry & Meghan Rave thread

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I bet what pisses Charles off even more is that even Princess Diana till this day is and was and forever be the better parent than he ever was. Even before her death, she set her kids up for their future. It’s like she saw the possible future. Harry was able to break away with the help of his mother!!
She is forever missed...
I wasnt about when diana passed but I imagine how I feel for meghan is similar to what everyone feels for diana. I can see why everyone feels so close to her now.

Reactions: 2
Nobody asked for my opinion but i’m going to chime it in anyway.
I do think Meghan has had it awful and has been portrayed as public enemy number 1 truthfully. I think Piers Morgan is a rancid hole who clearly has a deep hatred for women somewhere (as demonstrated from his treatment of MM and a million more people).

I also don’t understand why anyone gives a duck that Harry has abdicated. His position didn’t matter. He wasn’t going to be king.

I dunno how anyone can justify the conversations about how black her baby will be, why would anyone need to have that coversation? Harry has really been saying hes not for the royal family with his chest for many moons now. Why are people arsed.
Nobody is justifying “how black her baby was going to be ‘ as you say, because nobody was even accused of actually saying that. You put the word “black” out there for starters. We also have no context for the alleged conversation. None.
Was the family member saying “ will baby have your height, your male pattern baldness, your long legs, IQ, your ginger pale look-at-sun-and-burn skin or will they (hopefully) inherit a darker complexion? Seriously, this has been blown out of all proportion.

Considering Harry is the only RF member on record as a racist this is a pretty long bow to draw.

Nobody is justifying “how black her baby was going to be ‘ as you say, because nobody was even accused of actually saying that. You put the word “black” out there for starters. We also have no context for the alleged conversation. None.
Was the family member saying “ will baby have your height, your male pattern baldness, your long legs, IQ, your ginger pale look-at-sun-and-burn skin or will they (hopefully) inherit a darker complexion? Seriously, this has been blown out of all proportion.

Considering Harry is the only RF member on record as a racist this is a pretty long bow to draw.
Harry is not the only RF member on record as a racist at all. You clearly haven’t heard the delightful comments made by his grandfather. Harry and Meghan use the word ‘concern’ to describe the questions raised by the RF regarding Archie’s skin colour. It is quite clear that this wasn’t innocent speculation, it was genuine worry that he wouldn’t be white passing. Harry has acted inappropriately in the past. He quite literally had to unlearn his biases because the views perpetuated by the royal family are so deeply rooted in racism and he was so shocked upon entering the real world. I don’t know why it’s so implausible to believe that the very wealthy, white, upper class royal family don’t have prejudiced views towards people who aren’t like them.

• Heart
Reactions: 33

But why would anyone feel it necessary to outloud discuss how ‘dark’ her babies complexion will be? It just doesn’t even make sense to ask. Also if you could not speak in such a tight arse tone back to me i’d appreciate that one x

• Heart
Reactions: 23

"Concern about how dark his skin might be". People have not been persecuted, enslaved and murdered for their baldness or their long legs. Nor would any relative be "concerned" about a child inheriting these things. Let's call a spade a spade.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
What are they doing that's very public? The interview? I think they are entitled to share their side of the story - so are the RF (I doubt they will though). At the end of the day, Harry is a prince and he will never have a "normal" life. The press are always going to be interested. I know some mention that other royals like Edward have quietly gotten on with things but he was never a major royal to begin with (imo, anyway). I think they understand that they will never have complete privacy and are happy to engage with the press when it makes sense and is fair, but they're asking for the intrusion to stop.
Oh I didn’t mean it in a way that they weren’t meant to share they’re side. everyone is entitled to share they’re side of the story.
I just thought they wanted to have a public free life somewhere and hide away from any publicity. But now that it’s been explained I understand more what they want. I think a large percentage of people have really misunderstood this and half of the drama surrounding them is due to people thinking they wanted to completely disappear from the public eye.

Also, as a white woman who has married a black man, we got asked so often how dark/light we thought out children would be whilst we were pregnant. It was always asked in a nice, if curious way and myself or my husband never minded. We were curious ourselves. I wouldn’t have called these people racist.

I think the way they have been treated is shocking. The media absolutely were against Meghan from day 1. It's the standard way they like to bring down any woman in the public eye, plus the aggravating factors that Meghan knows and speaks her own mind, classism (her 'messy' family), anti-Americanism and undoubtedly an element of racism. I don't understand why people keep saying 'Kate went through it and she just got on with it and learned to keep her head down and now we love her' like that would have been the right path? So the only way to get the British public on board is to be immaculately groomed at all times, say very little and choose completely inoffensive causes? That's not the society I want to live in.

I also hate the portrayal of Meghan as some kind of Lady Macbeth. The royal correspondents seem to agree that Harry has loathed the British media since childhood (what a surprise!) and that it was only when he was married to Meghan, became a parent and saw the impact the media was having that he felt capable of planning an exit route. Such a sexist portrayal, the conniving woman leading the poor innocent prince astray.

I'm sure Meghan isn't perfect. I think perhaps she does enjoy self-promotion (e.g. history as a lifestyle blogger), I've never seen her use one word when she can use ten, and she seems to take herself quite seriously. All of that is my impression from the coverage I've seen of course, and could be very wrong. However, I do think that she generally seems well intentioned and I cannot think of a single thing she did during her time as a royal that would justify even 1% of the level of vitriol she was met with.

I'm not sure what I feel about them speaking out now. I have a lot of sympathy with wanting to get their side out. Would it have been better to let sleeping dogs lie? Probably. It's a battle they'll sadly never win. This has just stirred up the media all over again and I doubt has changed many minds. But if they felt the injustice of it was eating them up then it was their call to make I suppose. It's terrible timing with Philip, but that is bad luck.

Final thought - as much as I admire the queen, and selfishly enjoy the tradition of having the Royal Family, as the years go on the whole institution seems harder and harder to defend to me. Completely aside from the political issues, it seems to cause utter misery to most of those involved. Jonny Dymond was laughed at a couple of years ago for calling it a human rights issue, but isn't it? I see these photos of George and it makes me feel so sad for him - a little boy who has been born into such an unusual situation, with such limited control over his own future.

Reactions: 9
Also, although it's lovely that Meghan is pregnant, I felt sad when I heard they were having a baby girl. I hope H&M are far away enough from the public eye that their daughter won't have to suffer the terrible treatment the British tabloids inflict on almost all famous women (e.g. teenage Prince Beatrice in her bikini).

Reactions: 5
Oh I didn’t mean it in a way that they weren’t meant to share they’re side. everyone is entitled to share they’re side of the story.
I just thought they wanted to have a public free life somewhere and hide away from any publicity. But now that it’s been explained I understand more what they want. I think a large percentage of people have really misunderstood this and half of the drama surrounding them is due to people thinking they wanted to completely disappear from the public eye.

Also, as a white woman who has married a black man, we got asked so often how dark/light we thought out children would be whilst we were pregnant. It was always asked in a nice, if curious way and myself or my husband never minded. We were curious ourselves. I wouldn’t have called these people racist.
You might not have but Harry and Meghan apparently did find the question and the context offensive.

Reactions: 12
I am soo team Meghan and Harry! I think they're real and honest, and what the British people and press have said about her is vile. I hope they can have nice life together, far away from the UK and RF 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I think these types of comments are really unhelpful tbh and part of the problem. I personally would find these comments offensive and racist. You're not a POC and so I don't think it's necessarily your place to be dictating whether this comment is racist or not.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I’ve just watched the interview (fire stick had it thank god I’d struggle to stay awake to watch it all at 9). The lack of support towards Harry & Meghan from the RF is awful, why would they not try to protect them I don’t understand. My heart totally goes out to them. I really hope they get to live their lives how they want

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I’ve just watched the interview (fire stick had it thank god I’d struggle to stay awake to watch it all at 9). The lack of support towards Harry & Meghan from the RF is awful, why would they not try to protect them I don’t understand. My heart totally goes out to them. I really hope they get to live their lives how they want
Out of interest were you always "on their side" so to speak or did the interview away you that way?

Reactions: 1
Out of interest were you always "on their side" so to speak or did the interview away you that way?
I was always on “their side”. I’m about as far from a royalist as possible. Most of the interview should be taken with a pinch of salt as it’s only one side of the story, but I don’t think anyone can watch that and think the “institution” whoever/whatever that is, had their best interests at heart. Especially after what happened with Diana, youd think protecting Harry and his children would be somewhat of a priority.

Reactions: 8
Enjoy guys! You're lucky to be spared of the bizarre American healthcare adverts every two minutes that us late night watchers had to endure 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Enjoy guys! You're lucky to be spared of the bizarre American healthcare adverts every two minutes that us late night watchers had to endure 😅
Oh I couldn’t stand watching TV when I visited my parents in Florida 😂 I’m not sure Greece is going to be much better though 😳

I can’t stand adverts but the one that gets me at the moment is the ‘surf’ advert. I have to refrain from throwing the remote at the TV!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
So what do you all think their baby girls name will be? Do you think they will go with a short and modern name or a long and traditional name? Maybe something feminist inspired? I'm thinking something short and sweet for her first name like Amelia, Grace or Alice. I think Diana or Frances will definitely be used as her middle name. It will be interesting to see what they choose. ☺

my thoughts so far;

- she is stunning. I’ve never taken notice before but she is glowing there.
- the bit about Kate making her cry wasn’t needed I feel, it came across as a bit childish
- she hasn’t dissed the Queen but has spoken warmly about her
- I can see how she would feel lonely, isolated and trapped, not even being able to see her friends
- cute dog and hens, I like that she likes to rescue animals

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.