Prince Harry & Meghan Rave thread

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jane Moore on Loose Women is making me so angry, suggesting that conversations about Archie's skin colour was just inquisitive like wondering whether he'd have Harry's ginger hair šŸ™„ the word Meghan used was "concern" over his skin colour.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
Are people really comparing hair colour to asking how dark a child's skin is going to be. That shows either immense naivety or that they don't see why it's an issue or don't think it is a issue.

Reactions: 28
thatā€™s all very woke and great for social media likes,
But we all had to see a man being murdered online last year for there to be any real change when it comes to racism,

So to expecting a very privileged 99 year old to have made those moves, in his very white world, is quite frankly ridiculous.
I was not trying to be woke at all and I don't appreciate the passive aggressive response. "We" did not have to see a man being murdered for there to be real change. Real change has been happening for DECADES. Slavery ending, no more segregation, Indigenous kids not being stolen from their families to be re-educated by white people, black people being able to vote and get education and so forth. Racism is still around but real change has happened and will continue to happen if we educate everyone no matter their age.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
God so pleased someone has set up a rave thread - I went onto the other M&H thread and was actually disgusted by a lot of blatant racism and flippant comments being made.
I'm going to pre-face this by saying I actually don't really give a duck about Meg or Harry. Prior to this I was pretty impartial about the both of them - I find neither particularly offensive or amazing.
I do however think the royal family is an old - fashioned, racist and problematic institution. Yes I know they bring in Ā£Ā£Ā£Ā£Ā£ for the British economy, but lets be honest they do duck all else! Their treatment of Diana was disgusting and led to her death.

I think that Meghan has been treated horrendously since this all began - maybe she is a bit of a diva, maybe she doesn't act like the rest of them but I actually think this change could have been really refreshing. Unfortunately there clearly has been an issue from the 'firm' from day 1. She has been ripped apart by the press and NONE of them have stood by her, none have issued a statement of support, I can't even imagine how difficult it must have been to cope with it all, constant scrutinisation. I for one do not blame her or Harry at all for wanting to air their side of the argument, particularly following the racist comments made about her child. The most disgusting thing about this is PRINCE ANDREW IS A LEGIT PREDATOR AND SLEPT WITH UNDERAGED WOMEN!!!! I have lost so, so so much respect for the queen.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
Are people really comparing hair colour to asking how dark a child's skin is going to be. That shows either immense naivety or that they don't see why it's an issue or don't think it is a issue.
Yes. The tension between Jane Moore and Charlene White was palpable. It wasn't a light hearted chit chat about whether the baby would have his Mum's skin or his Dad's hair. "Concern" about his skin colour suggests something quite specific to me.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I believe them too. Knowing how Diana was treated, and how Prince Andrew was treated in comparison to Meghan and Harry, just proves how racist and classist the royal family are and I donā€™t understand how anyone can think otherwise. Why was Kate not treated how Meghan was? Because Kate is white and upper class already, and her husband is in line for the throne.
I cant stand piers Morgan, I saw a tweet about how heā€™s tweeted about Meghan 57 times in the last week (probably more since last night), and considering how Meghan couldnā€™t give a damn about piers, why is he bothered? He didnā€™t give Prince Andrew the same treatment?

it seems to me, like the majority of people who are against Harry and Meghan, are either a Tory, middle aged, or white (although I have seen a lot of white people say otherwise, more the white older generations)
Iā€™m yet to find someone of my generation (gen z) who doesnā€™t agree with Meghan and Harry.

Reactions: 30
All, if you've got concerns with another thread please report any posts.

Let's not turn this into complaining about another thread. :)

Reactions: 2
I used to really dislike Meghan because I believed all the press, like the naĆÆve person I used to be. However, I truly believe what was said last night. The RF have let Andrew get away with unthinkable crimes. I believe in innocence until proven guilty but the fact Andrew was shown photos of him (technically "innocent" ones too) and denied it was him (the whole "that might not have been my hand but it was me standing next to her" lie was unreal) just shows how much he wants to hide away from the truth. If you are innocent Andrew, why wouldn't you want to take part in the investigation and get justice for these poor people who were abused? Sorry for going off topic there, but it just shows how much the RF will cover up to paint the picture of a perfect life and image. I don't think the younger generations are gonna welcome the RF anymore, I can see in 20 years it being something of the past.

Reactions: 14
I think it was possibly Kate who said it. I get them vibes
I could never warm to her. Get serious witch vibes from her. I believe it'll come out in time. My first thought was Charles but who knows.

Reactions: 10
I think it's probably Charles or William.
Agree with the poster who said that the Royal Fam will be a thing of the past. I honestly don't think it has a place now - we live in a democracy and the younger generation want all the things that the RF is not.

Reactions: 13
Im neutral towards Harry and Meghan as well as the Royal Family but the other threads on this are a bit scary!

Going to watch the interview later. Agree with what others have said about them having their say on their terms - something which they havenā€™t been able to do until now. Them wanting privacy doesnā€™t necessarily mean disappearing for forever, there can be a middle ground.

Iā€™ve genuinely never understood the hate towards Meghan. And this idea that she has ā€˜poisonedā€™ Harry against his family. I find that quite insulting to Harry tbh, as it implies heā€™s not his own man and isnā€™t capable of coming to such a decision on his own. I wouldnā€™t be surprised if heā€™s had the intention of leaving the RF for a long time, heā€™s always seemed different to the rest of them. I can totally understand why heā€™d want out, especially after what happened to Diana. Maybe Meghan has supported and given him the courage to actually do it, and maybe him seeing the way Meghan was being treated was the push that he needed, it seems a tad more realistic than her turning him against them all and him being under some sort of spell like he doesnā€™t have a brain.

Not surprised people are making horrible comments about Meghan being suicidal. Nothing she says will be believed by those who have it in for her. The only thing, out of what Iā€™ve seen from clips so far that I donā€™t believe is that she didnā€™t know who Harry was before she met him. But to me thatā€™s not even a big deal anyway and I donā€™t get why everyone gets so wound up about it. Guess it plays into the whole ā€œgot her claws into himā€ narrative.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
I just feel sorry for them. Even if she is the BIGGEST dick on the planet (which I donā€™t believe she is) she doesnā€™t deserve what she has been through. Racism is real, especially in the royal family! The way theyā€™ve been treated because they donā€™t want to play a part in the facade of the RF, where coldness and disconnect are part & parcel of family life, is ridiculous. Just leave them be.

If anyone fancies a good listen, the podcast ā€˜youā€™re wrong aboutā€™ did a 5 episode mini series on Princess Diana and wow, the RF & Charles is just something else.
Diana is our hot mess express!!

I donā€™t understand why Meghan was denied MH treatment and thatā€™s my issue. Does everything have to be approved by the Queen? I donā€™t think she was asking the RF or taxpayers to pay for it. Why does the RF need to know? Then again The Crown tells you everything you need to know about the Queens attitude. Show no emotion because the country canā€™t see you as emotional and weak. Thatā€™s not how leaders behave. I doubt sheā€™s someone who believes in mental health treatment or talking about feelings. Sheā€™s ice cold

Are royal family in other countries talked about this much outside of their own country?

Reactions: 3
When I watched the interview last night I was actually quite shocked that they cut Harry of financially and took away there security so quickly! The main problem I had with it is the protection. I personally think the RF should provide that protection for them.. they are still family at the end of the day, wouldn't you want to make sure they're safe and especially when they have a young baby!

Reactions: 9
Iā€™m not a royalist and can completely understand Harry and Meghanā€™s choice to leave and live their life how they want. And if people want to pay them for interviews etc on their terms, well why not?
They hate they get is unbelievable.

I feel like I should preface this by saying I am white but 2/3 years ago I complained about someone (an older white man) using the N word in a phone call they were having - I think it was about cars?
Anyway, he apologised and said he was using a well known saying (??? Literally never heard it before) and that itā€™s a generational thing (again????) but also this is something that Meghan will have to get used to if she marries Harry etc (again it was mad cos I didnā€™t mention Meghan, his conversation originally wasnā€™t about Meghan - it was just bizarre).

but my point is, people hate M because sheā€™s black. They might pretend otherwise and think theyā€™re not racist but thatā€™s the only reason.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 15
Hearing someone say they felt suicidal then seeing them mocked for saying it is disgusts me. I had severe postnatal depression and it took me a long time to admit to anyone, let alone the whole world, that I had felt that way. It is really hard to be open about mental health but to have your feelings mocked and invalidated is really damaging.

Unfortunately I think whatever Meghan says will never be good enough. Itā€™s almost like people wonā€™t believe sheā€™s actually the victim unless she gets to a point where it is all too much and does take her own life.

I personally do not care about the RF or Megxit as they call it but the blatant racism and discrimination she has faced is what bothers me.

• Heart
Reactions: 25

You know what, why do I feel like Camilla is the one who said it or Princess Anne. Who ever was so concerned about this is possibly one who has been institutionalized in the RF either from birth or married into it but from an older generation. It's really disgusting that this was even a concern or brought up. Again, I wish them all the best and well. I can't imagine their stress and the how much hounding they have gotten from the press.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.