Prince Harry & Meghan Rave thread

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've spent the last few weeks trying to understand the hatred towards H & M, particularly Meghan. I've read the other threads here, articles etc and I just can't wrap my head around it. At first I thought that the beloved "wild child" Prince is off the market and people don't like that hence the vitriol towards M - but that doesn't even makes sense but I suppose it does play into the "she got her claws into him narrative." The only thing that I keep coming back to, the more I read about it all is that Meghan doesn't fit the classic royal "mould" and people don't like that. Her skin tone, her looks, the way she carries herself etc. I'm not being funny, but Harry isn't your standard royal either hence all of his rebellion but it's M who gets so much negativity until recently. Meghan WANTS to speak for herself, express her own opinions etc and it is seen as a threat. A threat to what though? Other women who have married into the family, are essentially groomed to become a royal from a young age whereas M wasn't.

The Queen doesn't express opinion or even emotion. Kate doesn't either because it is deemed as weak for some reason. This perfect royal image has been shaken because of Meghan and Harry speaking out, but to me it's proven how dated the whole thing is.

It's truly baffling to me.

Reactions: 26
I've spent the last few weeks trying to understand the hatred towards H & M, particularly Meghan. I've read the other threads here, articles etc and I just can't wrap my head around it. At first I thought that the beloved "wild child" Prince is off the market and people don't like that hence the vitriol towards M - but that doesn't even makes sense but I suppose it does play into the "she got her claws into him narrative." The only thing that I keep coming back to, the more I read about it all is that Meghan doesn't fit the classic royal "mould" and people don't like that. I'm not being funny, but Harry isn't your standard royal hence all of his rebellion but it's M who gets so much negativity until recently. Meghan WANTS to speak for herself, express her own opinions etc and it is seen as a threat. A threat to what though? Other women who have married into the family, are essentially groomed to become a royal from a young age whereas M wasn't.

The Queen doesn't express opinion or even emotion. Kate doesn't either because it is deemed as weak for some reason. This perfect royal image has been shaken because of Meghan and Harry speaking out, but to me it's proven how dated the whole thing is.

It's truly baffling to me.
Agree with the last paragraph especially! Do people still look to the RF for “strength”? Those days are long long gone.

Reactions: 7
but Harry isn't your standard royal either hence all of his rebellion but it's M who gets so much negativity until recently.
100% this. People are laughing at him saying he felt trapped because he's rich and privileged but I believe him. You could not get me to live the way the royals do for ANYTHING on this planet. He was clearly very affected by his Mum's death and how she was treated. I can completely believe that he didn't realise how much he hated it until he met Meghan because he's never really had to question before if he had another option or a way out. She was just the catalyst, not the trigger.

Reactions: 27
Hearing someone say they felt suicidal then seeing them mocked for saying it is disgusts me. I had severe postnatal depression and it took me a long time to admit to anyone, let alone the whole world, that I had felt that way. It is really hard to be open about mental health but to have your feelings mocked and invalidated is really damaging.

Unfortunately I think whatever Meghan says will never be good enough. It’s almost like people won’t believe she’s actually the victim unless she gets to a point where it is all too much and does take her own life.

I personally do not care about the RF or Megxit as they call it but the blatant racism and discrimination she has faced is what bothers me.
I hope you're doing better now ❤ your post just brought something else home to me. Megxit? All the finger pointing in Megan's direction like Harry was being dragged away kicking and screaming against his will by the evil black woman. When Diana spoke out against the Royal Family she was still known as the "People's Princess" but then she was a white woman wasn't she? How people fail to see the pattern is beyond me.

I'll admit I did question why there were talking to Oprah when they says they wanted privacy but with the things that have come out in the interview I can see why. If I was reading untrue things about myself constantly I'd want to clear my name too. The fact that the argument between Kate and Meghan was reported in the press as Meghan being a diva upsetting Kate when it now appears to be completely the other way around, I mean imagine how it felt to read that.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Agree with the last paragraph especially! Do people still look to the RF for “strength”? Those days are long long gone.
Agreed! For years, all I've seen are cover ups (Andrew) and just nothing? I've never thought "oh wow, Queenie has shown a lot of strength by never being emotive." I do get WHY to a point but they are all so far removed from reality that they just don't have a clue.

Reactions: 13
I’m interested to watch and feel sad for them the way it’s all turned out. Harry has pretty much been cut off by his own dad and brother and that has to really hurt. Meghan and Archie are in reality all he’s got so who can blame them for saying let’s go and be happy? I would find it hard to keep quiet if lots of lies were printed about me on a daily basis too. The only thing I do think though is that Meghan should maybe have spoke about the relationship with her own Dad and what the truth is there in the interview if she’s going to give the full picture.

Reactions: 9
I wish they had just came out and said we didn’t want our children grow up around a peadophile who is being protected by the family.

I think Charles come across the worst in all of this, at the end of day Harry and Megan may be annoying but they haven’t done anything illegal and they’ve been thrown to the wolves whilst weirdo brother is protected

Reactions: 24
It's all just extremely misogynistic. The media do not like her because she's chosen to speak up about how they've treated her. They thought she was an easy target.

"She got her claws into him"
"She's poisoned him against his brother and father"
"She's destroyed the family"
"She's a bully"

She was painted as this evil American woman from the beginning. Some say Kate got the same treatment but she absolutely did not - "waity Katie" and all that, yeah, but it was never vicious.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
It's all just extremely misogynistic. The media do not like her because she's chosen to speak up about how they've treated her. They thought she was an easy target.

"She's a bully"

She was painted as this evil American woman from the beginning. Some say Kate got the same treatment but she absolutely did not - "waity Katie" and all that, yeah, but it was never vicious.
agreed! Kate got some tit but not to this level!

this is just horrible!

Reactions: 14
I've spent the last few weeks trying to understand the hatred towards H & M, particularly Meghan. I've read the other threads here, articles etc and I just can't wrap my head around it. At first I thought that the beloved "wild child" Prince is off the market and people don't like that hence the vitriol towards M - but that doesn't even makes sense but I suppose it does play into the "she got her claws into him narrative." The only thing that I keep
Agreed. This really got me thinking, despite us living in the 21st century, I think people cannot come to term that a man 'married out' than the usual 'female marrying in to a rich family' and people cannot come to term that why would Harry (the prince that they see growing up) gave up on his billon dollar empire to live with an American divorcee.

Like you said, Meghan choose to speak up and that didn't quite fit the royal mould - to me, is quite the notion of stiff upper lip, let's sweep everything under the carpet to protect fairy tale image of the royal family. (excuse my English, not my first language)

Reactions: 14

"She's a bully"

Yeah I was saying this to my partner this morning. I feel like this happens a lot, where a man's family treats a female partner very poorly to the extent where the man basically is forced to choose between placating his family by getting rid, or cutting off the family. Which is the family's fault for creating that scenario. Yet when the man chooses the wife...the family paints the woman as the villain, all because a man hasn't allowed his family to continue bullying a woman he loves? I mean, I don't even understand how this can be construed as Meghan's fault. Harry made the choice because he was forced to. Of course it's the woman's fault though. Absolutely foul.

Reactions: 22
Obviously have engaged on the other thread about them and no doubt I'm not their biggest fan but the whole conversation on how the Queen and Phillip are old and one of them is unwell is so uncomfortable.
I remain critical of the way they have cut ties with the family and things they have said, but this expectation in society (which has been mentioned in the other thread) that you should be respectful to your family and especially the elders is so... not it. Coming from a narcissistic family myself, the idea that I should stick around and say nothing to help my mother once she's older just makes me feel icky. I suffered enough as it is, and if I want to leave and go no-contact I have all the right to, I shouldn't be shamed for it - the same goes for them, though of course I remain critical of the way they have done it because it's almost still choosing to engage with that toxicity.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Obviously have engaged on the other thread about them and no doubt I'm not their biggest fan but the whole conversation on how the Queen and Phillip are old and one of them is unwell is so uncomfortable.
I remain critical of the way they have cut ties with the family and things they have said, but this expectation in society (which has been mentioned in the other thread) that you should be respectful to your family and especially the elders is so... not it. Coming from a narcissistic family myself, the idea that I should stick around and say nothing to help my mother once she's older just makes me feel icky. I suffered enough as it is, and if I want to leave and go no-contact I have all the right to, I shouldn't be shamed for it - the same goes for them, though of course I remain critical of the way they have done it because it's almost still choosing to engage with that toxicity.
Completely agree. I don’t even think ‘because she’s the queen and we should be respectful’ cuts it. No. If someone is a head - racist, sexist, offensive, abusive - you have every right to cut ties.

Reactions: 18
100% this. People are laughing at him saying he felt trapped because he's rich and privileged but I believe him. You could not get me to live the way the royals do for ANYTHING on this planet. He was clearly very affected by his Mum's death and how she was treated. I can completely believe that he didn't realise how much he hated it until he met Meghan because he's never really had to question before if he had another option or a way out. She was just the catalyst, not the trigger.
100% this!

Reactions: 2
Morgan is like a cockroach, he will survive this. I'm not that arsed about him but the views he expresses about mental health really don't do the whole "good to talk" mental health campaign that itv push any good.

Reactions: 12
Morgan is like a cockroach, he will survive this. I'm not that arsed about him but the views he expresses about mental health really don't do the whole "good to talk" mental health campaign that itv push any good.
I think the problem is that the stuff he says before the comment is essentially saying that she should provide more evidence that she did seek help from the institution and was refused it, rather than just 'I don't believe she was suicidal'. Very quick to turn that 'I don't believe her' (which is what he seems to have said unless I watched the wrong video) into saying he doesn't believe that the institution refused the help or she tried to get the help. It's still in poor taste obviously, and the lack of sympathy is showing.

Reactions: 4
It's just inconsistent. You can't go around pretending you give a tit about mental health, except only when it's women you like and only when it suits you. You either care or you don't. I find it especially galling that she was pregnant as well with a royal baby and they didn't care that she's suicidal? The implications for the baby there are really sinister to be honest and that still wasn't enough to get them to act?

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.