Prince Harry & Meghan Rave thread

This rave thread is not for criticising another thread.
If there are posts on another thread that go too far report them and we'll deal with it.
A rule of tattle is not to have a go at other posters or threads. As it gets very messy
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So I never thought I’d ever be making a royal family related thread - I don’t particularly care about anything they do, but I feel like I’m the only person on this website who thinks that Meghan and Harry telling the truth? It seems absolutely how the all-white, ultra conservative royal family would treat an American WOC divorcee who has no connection to the royal family or aristocracy. The media has absolutely hounded her and made up blatant lies and she has every right to defend herself and drag every name through the mud. I don’t see why any of us need to have blind respect for a racist institution just because ‘ooh it’s the monarchy’. The queen doesn’t give a tit about any of us common folk, none of them do😂. I’m mainly watching the interview because it’s a bit of an iconic piece of pop culture but it’s so infuriating how people will dismiss absolutely everything she says. To me, nothing she’s saying is surprising and it’s fully the behaviour I’d expect from people who have probably never even washed their own dishes before.

• Heart
Reactions: 234
I’m glad they’ve spoken out and once again the DM have literally proven their point with this ridiculous lie of a headline. That is literally not what was said at all. I don’t like Meghan, but this smear campaign of hate is disgusting and just proving their point

Attachments

• Sad
Reactions: 36
So I never thought I’d ever be making a royal family related thread - I don’t particularly care about anything they do, but I feel like I’m the only person on this website who thinks that Meghan and Harry telling the truth? It seems absolutely how the all-white, ultra conservative royal family would treat an American WOC divorcee who has no connection to the royal family or aristocracy. The media has absolutely hounded her and made up blatant lies and she has every right to defend herself and drag every name through the mud. I don’t see why any of us need to have blind respect for a racist institution just because ‘ooh it’s the monarchy’. The queen doesn’t give a tit about any of us common folk, none of them do😂. I’m mainly watching the interview because it’s a bit of an iconic piece of pop culture but it’s so infuriating how people will dismiss absolutely everything she says. To me, nothing she’s saying is surprising and it’s fully the behaviour I’d expect from people who have probably never even washed their own dishes before.
I’m not surprised about how they treated Meghan. I mean, we saw how Princess Diana was treated. I’m not even surprised that Prince Harry and Prince Charle’s relationship is strained. Prince Charles is a petty person as we all witnessed what he did to Princess Diana.

I don’t know them personally and I really don’t know much about Meghan, but I can’t imagine the stress she must have gone through with the constant press she got. She wasn’t received with a bouquet of flowers and open arms- the media criticized her like no other. They did the same tit to Kate but not to this level.

I truly wish them luck and hope they find their peace in all of this. If they are happy, let them be.

Thank you for starting this thread because I’d be a minority in the main thread about them. I genuinely like them both.

• Heart
Reactions: 64
I've also been appalled by the treatment of Meghan and Harry and that it's largely fuelled by the colour of her skin. They don't have any impact on my life but it repulses me how much venom the British MSM seems to have such hatred for a woman who is the mother of young children.

I've had to have stern words with my mum spouting off about this. She was having a massive rant about their podcast of all things and I said that Kate had also done similar ventures.

Not watched the interview but planning to do so.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
I like them both too. Piers Morgan needs to get over his obsession with Meghan its ridiculous now. He seems unable to go a day without talking about her.

I find it strange that they are doing an investigation on Meghan bullying staff just before her tell all interview but no investigation into Andrew and the company he chooses to keep. The truth is they don't like her as she of mixed heritage and American.

• Heart
Reactions: 85
I'm not a supporter of the royal family. It's old fashioned and serves no purpose in our society in 2021 in the UK. These people literally show up for the opening of something and wave to people, put their names on their charity "work" for which the work is most likely done by someone else. I did however like Diana and met her once as a child. I believe Harry & Meghan are telling the truth, Is it the best time for them to plead hard done by though? in the middle of a pandemic and with his grandfather in hospital. Part of me thinks good on them they got out, it wasn't easy but go away and enjoy your life away from the press.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
I think it's a really complex situation. We will never really know if she is an awful person or if this is a game etc. However, I think fair enough to them for speaking to a 'friend' in the media to get their side across. They were never saying they don't want media, they were saying they didn't want the one sided media. It must be hard for Megan, they dragged her family and her through it to make gossip/her look bad. Harry looks genuinely happy and she does too.

He is still a young man who lost his mither due to media/paparazzi. He was always a different 'royal' too. Remember the naked strip poker stuff 😂

I think they have absolutely every right to live a life they choose. They have removed themselves from the RF - it's not like they did this interview while still living there.

Piers Morgan is a moron anyway. He takes offence at anything that doesn't fit his agenda. He will spin any story out of any situation. The hate that Megan gets is unfair. She's a pregnant woman who was open about losing her pregnancy previously. Who loves her husband and they both deserve a life they choose, regardless of what it is.

I'm not a RF fan or a megs and Harry fan. Either way, I just don't think anyone needs to be berated in the media like she is.

Reactions: 47
I mean I saw people on the other thread be adamant that her pregnancy is fake when she announced it. How do you even stop people with a mindset like that from hating your guts? I know people hate it when rich people complain and would rather they to shut up and get on with it because in the real world, we’re working long shifts for little pay but it’s so incomparable. Being thrust into the royal family is such a unique experience and as she was saying in the interview, so lonely. Harry was born into this family and knew first hand how they treated his mother. The amount of dirty secrets behind the walls of those tax funded castles are probably too many to talk about. I don’t get why people think it’s Meghan who has coerced him into cutting ties with his entire family and never speaking to them again - they tried to make it work and the institution did nothing to help them. Some people act like they’d be treated any differently in the royal family - if we have time in our day to comment on tattle threads, I don’t think we’re of interest to any of these people😂

• Heart
Reactions: 48
I agree completely, I completely believe Meghan and Harry about their experiences. They're so brave for speaking out, after what likely happened to Diana. I fully support them.

Reactions: 25
I believe them. This is the same family who locked their disabled cousins away in an institution and pretended they were dead.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 81
Totally believe them. Really looking forward to watching the interview tonight. I have very little time for the royal family, but huge respect for Meghan & Harry for speaking out. Harry is a grown man, the accusations put towards Meghan of poisoning him are disgusting. Sooner all the truth comes out about the royal family the better. Did anyone see the clip of the woman on GMB shouting over Piers today? Good on her. He's embarrassing.

Reactions: 34
I don’t mind them. Looking forward to watching tonight even though feels like i’ve seen a lot of it already on twitter this morning. Always did warm to Harry more than William though for some reason! Mind boggles at how much more coverage this interview has got compared to that dodgy Prince Andrew - baffling really.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I’m fairly anti-monarchy but I truly believe Harry has did something the RF never thought possible: created his own life, on his terms and put two fingers up to the full classist, outdated and racist institution. IMO monarchy like the British version has no place in today’s society.

How can a WOC moving to America with her husband and baby, being open about infant loss and taking a tabloid rag through court for their lies be worthy of such hatred? 🤷🏻‍♀️

Anyone getting this upset needs to question if they have been as vocal about Andrew and the utter criminal predatory disgrace he is.

• Heart
Reactions: 81
I really can’t form my thoughts into coherent opinions on this topic but I’m so glad this thread was made and the first post sums up everything perfectly. It baffles me how so many people can dedicate their time to hating two (mainly one) people so much just because they said a big duck you to such a dated institution. It really makes me sick that this is what’s being focused on and not all the other disgusting things that go on behind closed doors and that are now being brought to light but will NEVER get as much attention.
I’ve seen so much about the interview on Twitter and I can’t wait to watch it with my very royalist family 🙃

• Heart
Reactions: 43
I really like meghan and Harry (obviously I dont actually know them). I really do feel incredibly sorry for Meghan as by the media she can't do wrong for doing right.

Reactions: 28
I fully support them and I feel so awful for them. I can't imagine how hard this has all been for them and how mentally drained they must be. The constant hate mobs created by the media would take a toll on anyone. I always thought it was obvious the media was writing all those hateful articles to distract everyone from Prince Andrew and to ruin any chance of Harry and Meghan becoming the most liked royal couple. It's sad that most people haven't realised how manipulative the media is and still refuse to see the blatant hypocrisy and hatred they spew.

I also feel scared for them. I don't think the RF will physically harm them but I do believe if they ever go back to the UK, those super obsessive die-hard royal fans will go to crazy lengths to harm them, especially Meghan.

On a more positive note, I'm so happy they're having a girl and I think it's so sweet they did their own private wedding before the big public wedding.

Reactions: 29
The RF have gone to great lengths to protect Andrew from being exposed for the vile pweirdo that he is. Personally I think Meghan and Harry have done the right thing walking away from them. I think there is a lot more to it than we know but they are unable to say.

The whole ‘be kind’ motion seems to have gone out of the window.

Reactions: 43
The RF have gone to great lengths to protect Andrew from being exposed for the vile pweirdo that he is. Personally I think Meghan and Harry have done the right thing walking away from them. I think there is a lot more to it than we know but they are unable to say.

The whole ‘be kind’ motion seems to have gone out of the window.
haha yep! Half the people I see genuinely calling for Meghan’s head on a plate are the same ones giving it “if you don’t have anything nice to say, say nothing #bekind” or calling people “trolls” for for daring to say anything less than fawning about an influencer *cough*mrs hinch*cough* Bet a load of Hinch army fanatics bleeping hate Meghan.

If people can forget/excuse Andrew’s clear criminal sexual behaviour but get so angry at Meghan. Then, regardless how loudly they shout, it definitely appears race has a part to play in their anger. 🙄

Reactions: 35
I've always liked Harry. I don't read the DM and avoid the usual suspects but it's clear the MSM have it in for Meghan.

Ultimately I think it's a very complex situation that none of us can truly understand. But Harry knows the RF better than most, and I really don't believe he was "poisoned" against them - it's clear his relationship with Charles was strained and that was the case before Meghan was on the scene. I think walking away was the right choice. And yes, they can ask for privacy as well as the Oprah interview - it was on their own terms. A lot of people don't seem to understand it isn't one or the other.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I think it speaks volumes that the Palace have pledged to investigate the bullying claims that have suddenly emerged about Meghan but appear quite happy to brush allegations against Prince Andrew under the carpet, where's the investigation for that? Who do we think it was? The person was worried about the colour of Archie's skin? My money's on Charles.

Just been reading the thoughts of a body language expert who says their body language suggests they're telling the truth.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.