Prince Harry & Meghan Rave thread

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The way I see it, they asked for privacy but they were still hounded by the press. They have every right to put their side across in a way that they can control.

I couldn’t imagine how awful it would feel to read article after article slagging you off.

I think the royals are encouraging the anti-Meghan movement by investigating bullying accusations when they should be using their resources to investigate the pweirdo Prince Andrew 🤢

• Heart
Reactions: 33
I think it speaks volumes that the Palace have pledged to investigate the bullying claims that have suddenly emerged about Meghan but appear quite happy to brush allegations against Prince Andrew under the carpet, where's the investigation for that? Who do we think it was? The person was worried about the colour of Archie's skin? My money's on Charles.

Just been reading the thoughts of a body language expert who says their body language suggests they're telling the truth.
I would put my full paypacket on Phillip being the one to comment on skin colour. He’s quite notorious for his “unorthodox” views (this is really a nice way of allowing a wealthy white man of privilege off the hook for decades of racism) In fact, with Philip’s background, education and being granted every privilege life could throw at a person, his racism is even more abhorrent. Yet, people accept it and think it’s cute and funny and he’s “old school” “saying it like it is” 😡🙄

Naw, he’s just an ignorant lowlife.

• Sick
Reactions: 31
The way I see it, they asked for privacy but they were still hounded by the press. They have every right to put their side across in a way that they can control.
This. I find it bizarre that some people are fine with this stuff being clearly leaked from the palace, the media saying whatever they want about her - but when she wants to have her say too and set the record straight, that’s not ok? It’s very misogynistic. Why should she have to sit down and shut up and take whatever mud they sling at her? Clearly they picked the wrong woman to bully this time, good on her.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I briefly read the other thread, my reaction was wow. I don't care about the monarchy, life isn't fair anyway. I am glad this thread was set up x

But how do people brush off the fact that a woman is suicidal at the 5th months of her pregnancy, and all they were focusing was Harry was cut off financially and Archie doesn't have title? A suicidal woman asked for help and she was sent away, go figure.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
I would put my full paypacket on Phillip being the one to comment on skin colour. He’s quite notorious for his “unorthodox” views (this is really a nice way of allowing a wealthy white man of privilege off the hook for decades of racism) In fact, with Philip’s background, education and being granted every privilege life could throw at a person, his racism is even more abhorrent. Yet, people accept it and think it’s cute and funny and he’s “old school” “saying it like it is” 😡🙄

Yeah I did consider him too but when they said they wouldn't name the person as it would be damaging to them I discounted him as it's already known that he's a racist and as you rightly point out he's got away with it all this time and sickenly it hasn't done him any damage at all, that's why I'm thinking it could be Charles. Also chit chat on the morning talk shows from royal correspondents that if the person is ever named there would be pressure on them to step aside. It's as if they know something we don't This is another reason I'm thinking Charles.

Reactions: 16
I just feel sorry for them. Even if she is the BIGGEST dick on the planet (which I don’t believe she is) she doesn’t deserve what she has been through. Racism is real, especially in the royal family! The way they’ve been treated because they don’t want to play a part in the facade of the RF, where coldness and disconnect are part & parcel of family life, is ridiculous. Just leave them be.

If anyone fancies a good listen, the podcast ‘you’re wrong about’ did a 5 episode mini series on Princess Diana and wow, the RF & Charles is just something else.

• Heart
Reactions: 24

Im in no way excusing anyone’s behaviour, but the man is one hundred years old.

we can all grow and change and learn, but this is a man who lives in a very, very different time. no excuse, but sometimes you need to accept that a man of 100 (any man or woman at that age, royal or not) still see the world in a very different way, when this generation still struggles with racism, do we have a right to point fingers at a generation that were raised in a very different time.

Not derailing I know this is rave!

Reactions: 16
So I never thought I’d ever be making a royal family related thread - I don’t particularly care about anything they do, but I feel like I’m the only person on this website who thinks that Meghan and Harry telling the truth? It seems absolutely how the all-white, ultra conservative royal family would treat an American WOC divorcee who has no connection to the royal family or aristocracy. The media has absolutely hounded her and made up blatant lies and she has every right to defend herself and drag every name through the mud. I don’t see why any of us need to have blind respect for a racist institution just because ‘ooh it’s the monarchy’. The queen doesn’t give a tit about any of us common folk, none of them do😂. I’m mainly watching the interview because it’s a bit of an iconic piece of pop culture but it’s so infuriating how people will dismiss absolutely everything she says. To me, nothing she’s saying is surprising and it’s fully the behaviour I’d expect from people who have probably never even washed their own dishes before.
Fair play to you for being brave enough to start this thread.
I don't think I know enough about the inner workings of The Royal Family, to jump to their defence. All I know is, the huge damage that has been caused since Markle's arrival in Harry's life. I do not see this ending well for Harry.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Piers Morgan and co shout over black guests on the daily to pretend like white privilege doesn’t exist and claim that Meghan is pulling the race card for sympathy when Harry himself said he had no clue of racism in the real world and had to unlearn his biases. If Meghan says that the queen was lovely to her then so be it but this is a woman who has celebrated the commonwealth for so many years, has gone on countless tours to these countries and met people of all races, nationalities, ethnicities, religions etc yet in the own four walls of her palace, there are concerns about how black her great grandchildren might look. It makes you think what gets said after the queen and co shake hands with all of these POC they meet on their tours. It’s understandable why they didn’t reveal who in the family made the vile remarks, it was undoubtedly several of them. Archie and their daughter don’t need to grow up with the world knowing that information.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Im in no way excusing anyone’s behaviour, but the man is one hundred years old.

we can all grow and change and learn, but this is a man who lives in a very, very different time. no excuse, but sometimes you need to accept that a man of 100 (any man or woman at that age, royal or not) still see the world in a very different way, when this generation still struggles with racism, do we have a right to point fingers at a generation that were raised in a very different time.

Not derailing I know this is rave!
I understand this but I also think he has had plenty of time in his life to educate himself about racism. The people around him have also had the opportunity to educate him but chose not to. I do see where you're coming from but I'm personally not a fan of giving someone a free pass to be racist because of their age. I think racism needs to be dealt with at all ages in order for things to change. Also, this generation still struggles with racism because old racist people raised their parents and now their parents are raising them.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I don’t really care about the royal family but I honestly am not surprised if it’s all true. I know The Crown is a dramatisation but just from watching that I believe they would have treated her terribly. It’s history repeating itself. Ridiculous and archaic institution that needs seriously shaking up or abolishing.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
This tweet says it all for me. I’ve seen so many comments today about Meghan’s suicidal thoughts how its her trying to “gain sympathy” and its “pity”. A real shame, whether you like her or not comments like that can be so triggering to so many people out there and it makes me wonder what some of these people would be like if their friends & family confided in them about their mental health... would they think you’re saying it for pity and sympathy too 🤔

• Sad
Reactions: 25
I don’t really care about the royal family but I honestly am not surprised if it’s all true. I know The Crown is a dramatisation but just from watching that I believe they would have treated her terribly. It’s history repeating itself. Ridiculous and archaic institution that needs seriously shaking up or abolishing.
After this I feel like The Crown was clearly a very generous representation of the royals to be honest 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 17
This tweet says it all for me. I’ve seen so many comments today about Meghan’s suicidal thoughts how its her trying to “gain sympathy” and its “pity”. A real shame, whether you like her or not comments like that can be so triggering to so many people out there and it makes me wonder what some of these people would be like if their friends & family confided in them about mental health... would they think you’re saying its for pity and sympathy too 🤔

It was the same with the miscarriage as well. I'm seeing people who have told me that they would be there for me if I became ill again slag her off for saying she was suicidal. Shows their true colours.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
This tweet says it all for me. I’ve seen so many comments today about Meghan’s suicidal thoughts how its her trying to “gain sympathy” and its “pity”. A real shame, whether you like her or not comments like that can be so triggering to so many people out there and it makes me wonder what some of these people would be like if their friends & family confided in them about mental health... would they think you’re saying its for pity and sympathy too 🤔

I feel like for her to even be accused of trying to gain sympathy has a racist undertone. If The Duchess of Cambridge stated she felt suicidal she'd be appaulded for raising awareness etc. That's a fact. Meghan does it and she's lying or exaggerating or attention seeking. It's wrong.
We know that Diana tried to take her life, we know she suffered with an eating disorder, we know she was treated terribly by The Royal Family and we accept these things as facts. When Meghan alludes to similar treatment she must be lying. Why? Doesn't take a genius.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 41
It was the same with the miscarriage as well. I'm seeing people who have told me that they would be there for me if I became ill again slag her off for saying she was suicidal. Shows their true colours.
She didn’t even have a miscarriage right according to the press, they picked apart what she said. Who the hell is anyone to say how you deal with a miscarriage.

• Sad
Reactions: 18
I understand this but I also think he has had plenty of time in his life to educate himself about racism. The people around him have also had the opportunity to educate him but chose not to. I do see where you're coming from but I'm personally not a fan of giving someone a free pass to be racist because of their age. I think racism needs to be dealt with at all ages in order for things to change. Also, this generation still struggles with racism because old racist people raised their parents and now their parents are raising them.
that’s all very woke and great for social media likes,
But we all had to see a man being murdered online last year for there to be any real change when it comes to racism,

So to expecting a very privileged 99 year old to have made those moves, in his very white world, is quite frankly ridiculous.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
This tweet says it all for me. I’ve seen so many comments today about Meghan’s suicidal thoughts how its her trying to “gain sympathy” and its “pity”. A real shame, whether you like her or not comments like that can be so triggering to so many people out there and it makes me wonder what some of these people would be like if their friends & family confided in them about their mental health... would they think you’re saying it for pity and sympathy too 🤔

Yes exactly that.

This is why many people just don't talk about mental health issues, or miscarriage, either. You see how people like Meghan are treated. It's sad to see someone speaking about these things and immediately being attacked or accused of lying.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.