Pretty Blunt - accidentally outed herself as sending herself "troll" messages for attention

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hopefully people can see why we've had such a tricky job moderating this. Without sounding smug we knew right from the start what her game was (and all the other clout chasers playing tattle to gain followers). It's not mods Vs members - we weren't deleting and warning people to suck any fun, it was for everyone's benefit as tattle is about seeing through the bullshit on social media. We have been really frustrated by this for quite a while.

It got very tricky moderating as people started using creative ways to try and promote her account here and it's hard to tell what was her and what was someone taken in by her. But until yesterday no one ever reported the posts promoting her account.

Can we from now on ignore these small accounts and report when one is mentioned? They're all looking for a way to grow their followers. Read the Rosie Ramsey thread on families for a good example, she was all against mummy instagrammers joking about them until she grew her account and then all of a sudden she did a 360 and with ads galore and became best friends with the mummy vloggers.

We've tried so many times to warn people against them, so it's a shame it came to this. But hopefully we won't get another repeat.

Maybe threads like this makes more sense now?

• Heart
Reactions: 48
I think her reaction this morning to being caught out is what you call a flounce. Now if everyone could please send cash to my go fund me I will buy her a flounce cape to wear, maybe I could get it in purple to match her wall? I’ll need about £700 so dig deep guys.

What is hillarious is the fact she has had backlash for bleeping up and then made her account private. Didn't meldrum do that??? The woman who she constantly called out😂😂😂😂
Yep, pretty much built her whole account around calling people out for that kind of craic.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
When I was at university many moons ago there was a girl in the class who appeared quiet as a mouse and then suddenly she started getting hate mail to her dorm in halls of residence. Pretty horrible stuff and very threatening. She never appeared scared of it though and just laughed it off 😳. All of us said to her she needed to bring the police in as there were threats to her life and this person knew where she lived even down to room number! She point blank refused. She gained popularity over night, people hung with her to a endure she was ok and found she was quite funny . Anyways, long story short she started going out with one of the popular lads and one night when he stopped over at hers he dropped a lighter and went to fetch it down side of bed, had to pull bed out ( she was in shower ) and he found all these letters and pre written self addressed envelopes. She was doing it to herself . The girl didn’t come clean she just stopped coming to lectures and within a month she had left! Absolutely pointless way to go on and it ruined her real life as she dropped out of uni and had wasted 2 years of her life. Never ever heard of her again and I’ve looked on fb. She’s probably married by now so will have changed her name . It’s definitely mental issues going on with PB

When I was at university many moons ago there was a girl in the class who appeared quiet as a mouse and then suddenly she started getting hate mail to her dorm in halls of residence. Pretty horrible stuff and very threatening. She never appeared scared of it though and just laughed it off 😳. All of us said to her she needed to bring the police in as there were threats to her life and this person knew where she lived even down to room number! She point blank refused. She gained popularity over night, people hung with her to a endure she was ok and found she was quite funny . Anyways, long story short she started going out with one of the popular lads and one night when he stopped over at hers he dropped a lighter and went to fetch it down side of bed, had to pull bed out ( she was in shower ) and he found all these letters and pre written self addressed envelopes. She was doing it to herself . The girl didn’t come clean she just stopped coming to lectures and within a month she had left! Absolutely pointless way to go on and it ruined her real life as she dropped out of uni and had wasted 2 years of her life. Never ever heard of her again and I’ve looked on fb. She’s probably married by now so will have changed her name . It’s definitely mental issues going on with PB
Ensure not endure 🙄😂

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
I hate when threads descend into infighting.

I don't know the history with PB and Tattle but clearly she has caused issued in the passed based on what the Mods have said.

I use Tattle as a way to have a moan about shady behaviour without being a Troll and messaging people direct. Absolutely no need for that and we all know it happens. Influencers don't need to read here it's their choice to come and see what people think of them. I'm not going out of my way to harrass people.

I'm sure PB and MrsH get troll messages all the time. I don't hate MrsH but I can see she is problematic based on the number of people hoarding products she recommends. Some of these people clearly have issues.

Trolls who directly message people should be called out for bullying and I felt bad for PB when she showed the initial messages because there was no need for it. The fact she fabricated it is frankly mind boggling when she has said she gets those type of messages regularly.

This kind of think is why Tattle is here and I understand the general rule that one people with a certain follower count and public profile should have threads in this case she only made her profile private this morning and had a decent following. What she has done makes it even more important that there is a thread highlighting this.

Looking back from when I followed her I can see the signs that she wanted the insta/tiktok fame. She was trying to be funny all the time and there were a whole load of stories about her decorating her dining room which was weird.

Reactions: 17
I love how every time I log onto Instagram her numbers have dropped. She’s at 8226 now. I’d hoped it would drop below 8k but maybe not.

Reactions: 2
It's not mods Vs members - we weren't deleting and warning people to suck any fun
can I just quote this, put it in bold and underline the tit out of it 🤣
Totally off topic but this is a bit of a weird thread anyway....

we are members here as well 😂 we don’t wake up and think “let’s delete some random tit for the laugh”

there is a kind of “us vrs them” on certain threads but if something is deleted people must see it’s for a good reason. 🤦‍♀️
We do kinda like the site 😆 were not trying to kill it for others.

(See also “the mods are obviously friends with xxx” and “why is xxx allowed when yyy isn’t allowed”)

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I think these two are just as bad, if not worse! They remind me of a gang of bullies in the playground and @Oohthedrama has advised us earlier on this thread to be wary of other accounts who pedal the same messages as PB. I wouldn’t take any notice of them either.. At
I’ve definitely seen threads on here for accounts that have under 10k followers, unless that’s a new rule as I hadn’t heard of it before.
Sometimes they have slipped through I think. One had been set up for someone on 3 thousand followers who wasn't making money from social media etc. Its worth reporting them or querying them.

Sorry @bellinibobble I dont know why or how I quoted you.

HLB has put up a story addressing that she shared something which has turned out to be fake. I've only just come accross the account but seems genuine from what I can see.

CC and MissP haven't yet addressed it ither than CC removing the story where he shared a screen shot of the initial message.
Who's HLB please?

Alright love calm your tits!!!
I've read it all...how can it be one rule for one, no matter what the circumstances..other threads that actually followers the rules have been deleted for stupid reasons
So why should this one be allowed??!
I think it’s because over on the MH thread she was discussed as being quite popular against influencers and her duck up was derailing the thread?

Thats why its also important to read the whole thread and not just jump on on page 42 and ask lots of questions that have already been squashed or covered. Loads of posts constantly asking who PB was, loads of people replying, lots of people then asking the exact same thing 🤯, and then a few of us saying we are not supposed to discuss small accounts.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
This whole thing has cracked me up 😂 what a silly thing to do. Followers dropping every time I check. 8224 now. Resisting the urge to follow her so I can see her stories 😂😅

If you’re not guilty you would t go private I think? It’s a shame as I thought she was sound 😩 and the thing is when she posted the troll message she said herself that troll messages would never get to her. She only cares what her family think of her. But now she’s gone private so she can’t get hate lol?

Reactions: 9
I think these two are just as bad, if not worse! They remind me of a gang of bullies in the playground and @Oohthedrama has advised us earlier on this thread to be wary of other accounts who pedal the same messages as PB. I wouldn’t take any notice of them either.. At the very least we know they’re bandwagonners..

To be honest I feel like we Tattlers are enough 😂 we notice everything and can discuss and debate amongst ourselves, we don’t need to involve these clout chasers 🤷🏻‍♀️
I’m not a fan of MissP as I find her quite irritating but her and CC are just doing what we are doing with Hinch. Sharing opinions about her, the only difference is they have a big platform and I think that’s good because it’s spreading awareness. We all know tattle gets a bad rep and so some people might not come on here to check it out because of that and so might never know that Hinch isn’t what she makes out. But people will see their stories so I think it’s good that other influencers with the ability to reach people can share their opinions and spread awareness about the Hinch community. And most of the time they post about the dangerous things Hinch does. There’s no way they can be called bullies because we all know there are comments on tattle about Hinch’s looks etc but they’ve never said anything like that about her. They just want people to be aware about her unsafe cleaning tips

Reactions: 1
Hopefully people can see why we've had such a tricky job moderating this. Without sounding smug we knew right from the start what her game was (and all the other clout chasers playing tattle to gain followers). It's not mods Vs members - we weren't deleting and warning people to suck any fun, it was for everyone's benefit as tattle is about seeing through the bullshit on social media. We have been really frustrated by this for quite a while.

It got very tricky moderating as people started using creative ways to try and promote her account here and it's hard to tell what was her and what was someone taken in by her. But until yesterday no one ever reported the posts promoting her account.

Can we from now on ignore these small accounts and report when one is mentioned? They're all looking for a way to grow their followers. Read the Rosie Ramsey thread on families for a good example, she was all against mummy instagrammers joking about them until she grew her account and then all of a sudden she did a 360 and with ads galore and became best friends with the mummy vloggers.

We've tried so many times to warn people against them, so it's a shame it came to this. But hopefully we won't get another repeat.

Maybe threads like this makes more sense now?

I don't seem to be able to report posts? I haven't got the button on the left.

My eyes have been opened wide by Tattle and I am very grateful. Just hope it helps others too!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.