Pretty Blunt - accidentally outed herself as sending herself "troll" messages for attention

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm so ashamed of myself for believing she was one of the 'good guys' 😑
Slapped myself round the face and put myself on the naughty step 😒
Dont worry I'm the same!

I always wondered why she took the piss out of hinch etc when her house is monotone grey with all the trendy led lights 🙄🙄 should have rung alarm bells.

Reactions: 5
Omg I donated to her baby bank last year as I thought she was genuine. What a mug I am 😒
Definitely not a mug, just a person with a good heart thinking of others.

I think many of us donated and I also had some interaction with her relating to AberNecessities . She told me she wanted to send one of her chocolate hampers up to them and had been in contact.
In good faith I donated to her baby bank fund asking whether she would prefer a raffle prize or a donation, she preferred donation. Rather than post up chocolate to AberNecessities I suggested that as they were appealing for selection boxes for the hundreds of Christmas Eve boxes being made up for children in the city and shire, I would purchase the value of the chocolate hamper (plus extra) in selection boxes and hand them in , donated in her name with a message from her, the next time I was in volunteering at Abernecessities. This was quickly rebuffed as it had to come from her and she would be posting up a hamper.
Having been involved in charity sector for a long time as a trustee, fundraiser, and volunteer, this seemed short sighted as the money she was spending on getting the chocolate delivered could have been put to better use for her baby bank appeal. However I also recognise that for ever 100 people who donate quietly and without condition that there are a few for who personal recognition of their gesture is more important than the donation and I go on the basis “all donations gratefully received”

AberNeccesities this year has provided emergency supplies, essentials and some comforts to many mothers who have had the courage to flee physically abusive and threatening relationships taking their children to safety with only the clothes they stand in. Covid lockdown exacerbated the abusive situations they found themselves in with potentially no escape. How would these women feel knowing that someone had created an abusive threatening message suggesting that she ‘needs her throat slit’ and sent this to themselves for the purpose of publicity and appear to laugh it off. For these women, physical abuse, threats both verbally and sent via digital devices to terrify and control them are no laughing matter and not a publicity stunt.

I quickly confirmed last night with a social media ‘guru’ - a global company that aids small companies and local charities set up and manage their media accounts to best effect that these screenshot of messages came from someone who had access to both accounts and he was not surprised.

Michelle and Danielle who founded and run AberNecessities will be horrified by this when they find out, this year they were invited to meet the Duchess of Cambridge to become one of partners in the initiative to get British Brands to support baby banks and it is a huge initiative. They both work tirelessly for the charity they set up and have a huge support network locally.

PB - if you are reading here, you may have thought it a good idea to try and show how someone threatening you on social media made you laugh and criticise their spelling, taking it to the next level by trolling back with a picture of their jumper. However in my opinion you have potentially fabricated a situation and trivialised it. Think about how some of those families you aim to help would feel about this when they have themselves been subjected to physical and psychological torment and abuse that may have driven them to the edge.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 56
Now I can guess that the way MissP and CC have been acting that they're ones to watch, I'd worked that out - whoop, go me!😂
I want to feel sorry for HLB though, shes always seemed an innocent party in it all, but now I'm so confused! 😕
I still think they’re genuine. They were just repeating what PB said. CC especially is a very established cleaner and can’t stand the dangerous practices that are going round. Mixing chemicals for the gram. HLB is just a victim of hunch and has been subjected to nasty messages. This is why what PB has done is so fkn annoying. There are genuine vile messages out there from the barmy army. But now everyone will be second guessing if they’re real 😡

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I feel in a quandary this morning..I liked PB, but now this? I also like Missp, as I agree with a lot of what she says, but should I not? Is everybody just lying?!

Am even doubting this forum and whether I'm too influenced by the Hinch thread!

Help!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I feel in a quandary this morning..I liked PB, but now this? I also like Missp, as I agree with a lot of what she says, but should I not? Is everybody just lying?!

Am even doubting this forum and whether I'm too influenced by the Hinch thread!

Help!
What I have taken from this is to not trust anyone that you don't know personally, make our own judgements and remember that they are all on instagram for their own gains

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I still think they’re genuine. They were just repeating what PB said. CC especially is a very established cleaner and can’t stand the dangerous practices that are going round. Mixing chemicals for the gram. HLB is just a victim of hunch and has been subjected to nasty messages. This is why what PB has done is so fkn annoying. There are genuine vile messages out there from the barmy army. But now everyone will be second guessing if they’re real 😡
I think these two are just as bad, if not worse! They remind me of a gang of bullies in the playground and @Oohthedrama has advised us earlier on this thread to be wary of other accounts who pedal the same messages as PB. I wouldn’t take any notice of them either.. At the very least we know they’re bandwagonners..

To be honest I feel like we Tattlers are enough 😂 we notice everything and can discuss and debate amongst ourselves, we don’t need to involve these clout chasers 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I think she’ll go quiet for a while now while all the sympathy DMs roll in from people who have not spotted that she was the author of those abusive messages she claimed to receive.

What I have taken from this is to not trust anyone that you don't know personally, make our own judgements and remember that they are all on instagram for their own gains
Agree! I’ve also learnt that anybody on Instagram who are trying to build up their following and celebrate hitting 5,6,7k followers ultimately will sell their soul to become an ‘influencer’ on Instagram.

Reactions: 14
I think these two are just as bad, if not worse! They remind me of a gang of bullies in the playground and @Oohthedrama has advised us earlier on this thread to be wary of other accounts who pedal the same messages as PB. I wouldn’t take any notice of them either.. At the very least we know they’re bandwagonners..

To be honest I feel like we Tattlers are enough 😂 we notice everything and can discuss and debate amongst ourselves, we don’t need to involve these clout chasers 🤷🏻‍♀️
Aye true. I’m actually peed off as now I have no idea who to believe. Think I’ll unfollow everyone except family and friends.

Reactions: 9
Definitely not a mug, just a person with a good heart thinking of others.

I think many of us donated and I also had some interaction with her relating to AberNecessities . She told me she wanted to send one of her chocolate hampers up to them and had been in contact.
In good faith I donated to her baby bank fund asking whether she would prefer a raffle prize or a donation, she preferred donation. Rather than post up chocolate to AberNecessities I suggested that as they were appealing for selection boxes for the hundreds of Christmas Eve boxes being made up for children in the city and shire, I would purchase the value of the chocolate hamper (plus extra) in selection boxes and hand them in , donated in her name with a message from her, the next time I was in volunteering at Abernecessities. This was quickly rebuffed as it had to come from her and she would be posting up a hamper.
Having been involved in charity sector for a long time as a trustee, fundraiser, and volunteer, this seemed short sighted as the money she was spending on getting the chocolate delivered could have been put to better use for her baby bank appeal. However I also recognise that for ever 100 people who donate quietly and without condition that there are a few for who personal recognition of their gesture is more important than the donation and I go on the basis “all donations gratefully received”

AberNeccesities this year has provided emergency supplies, essentials and some comforts to many mothers who have had the courage to flee physically abusive and threatening relationships taking their children to safety with only the clothes they stand in. Covid lockdown exacerbated the abusive situations they found themselves in with potentially no escape. How would these women feel knowing that someone had created an abusive threatening message suggesting that she ‘needs her throat slit’ and sent this to themselves for the purpose of publicity and appear to laugh it off. For these women, physical abuse, threats both verbally and sent via digital devices to terrify and control them are no laughing matter and not a publicity stunt.

I quickly confirmed last night with a social media ‘guru’ - a global company that aids small companies and local charities set up and manage their media accounts to best effect that these screenshot of messages came from someone who had access to both accounts and he was not surprised.

Michelle and Danielle who founded and run AberNecessities will be horrified by this when they find out, this year they were invited to meet the Duchess of Cambridge to become one of partners in the initiative to get British Brands to support baby banks and it is a huge initiative. They both work tirelessly for the charity they set up and have a huge support network locally.

PB - if you are reading here, you may have thought it a good idea to try and show how someone threatening you on social media made you laugh and criticise their spelling, taking it to the next level by trolling back with a picture of their jumper. However in my opinion you have potentially fabricated a situation and trivialised it. Think about how some of those families you aim to help would feel about this when they have themselves been subjected to physical and psychological torment and abuse that may have driven them to the edge.
This post is beautifully articulated ♥

Reactions: 13
I'm gonna be honest - this actually kept me up last night. I am white rage angry.

I absolutely believe that Mrs H and anyone in the public eye probably do receive these types of messages. And it sickens me.

Unfortunately, I also know at first hand that a lot of "normal people", and young people especially, also receive them. And they don't have the team at the back of them censoring what their delicate eyeballs see or have the support or general confidence to be able to deal with them. They don't receive hundreds of gushing messages which counterbalance the vile ones.

To lie so so so blatantly about receiving them (when she says she's received them before - why not use an old "real" one???) Is, in my opinion, as bad as lying about being ill or lying about being the victim of a crime.

You don't need to fabricate things to have a bigger voice. People won't stop doing it just because you say it upsets you or you ridicule them for it. If they truly want it to stop, they need to use their platform, get off their arse and make an actual change.

PB - if you are here - there's an amazing Scottish charity called Respectme who work everyday with young people who are being actually really bullied and "trolled". They partner withe NSPCC to offer advice and counselling. Let me know if you need a direct contact name.

Mrs H - you have more reach (According to your numbers) than both these charities have together. Use it for some good? Please? Surely that would be a legacy to be proud of rather than a GP suggesting you are a MH tonic in a bottle?

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I agree I like CC he does proper cleaning and seems genuine as does HLB. I cant believe PB has done this, fabricating troll messages. It completely trivialises the whole concept of trolling and bullying. It also undermines and destroys her whole anti-influencer ethos. Here on Tattle, we dont troll and send abusive messages, we scrutinise and highlight dangerous practice or lies. I dont dislike Sophie, have nothing personal against her, but I hate the way she makes a whole generation of women feel that they have to have a cupboard full of minkys to attain perfection. None.of us are perfect or have perfect lives. I would never send hate to anyone, its cruel, much less would I make up a hate message, send to myself and share. That is beyond despicable and worse than anything Hinch has done. And how do we know shes stopped there, maybe shes been sending similar messages direct to Hinch and that's where all the trolling has come from. I'm glad I've unfollowed her, only followed her for about a week, that was enough.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I feel a right fud. Didnt even notice the screenshots until it was mentioned here. I followed her over a year ago when she was mentioned here on the MH threads and though I'd give her a follow as a fellow Scot but I've always thought there was something a wee bit "off" about her. Theres no warmth to her at all and find her quite attention seeking (Yesterdays antics proved this!) I cant even unfollow her now since shes gone private I want to keep viewing the tit show!! (One way to keep hold of some followers I guess)
I'm the same, didn't notice anything dubious about the screenshots, even messaged her to say how awful it was! Why can't you unfollow her now shes gone private? (quite new to Instagram)

Reactions: 3
I agree I like CC he does proper cleaning and seems genuine as does HLB. I cant believe PB has done this, fabricating troll messages. It completely trivialises the whole concept of trolling and bullying. It also undermines and destroys her whole anti-influencer ethos. Here on Tattle, we dont troll and send abusive messages, we scrutinise and highlight dangerous practice or lies. I dont dislike Sophie, have nothing personal against her, but I hate the way she makes a whole generation of women feel that they have to have a cupboard full of minkys to attain perfection. None.of us are perfect or have perfect lives. I would never send hate to anyone, its cruel, much less would I make up a hate message, send to myself and share. That is beyond despicable and worse than anything Hinch has done. And how do we know shes stopped there, maybe shes been sending similar messages direct to Hinch and that's where all the trolling has come from. I'm glad I've unfollowed her, only followed her for about a week, that was enough.
If anyone was to ask me why this site is not trolling Hinch , it is because there is line most of us don't cross, which is nasty personal pms direct to her..most people on here would only message her, to call her out on something dangerous etc...Not to tell her to die, like her own fans do to others...To see bad things from here she has to go out of her way to seek it out..a choice kind of!

I don't know..I feel at my age I should know better about how the world works and not get drawn in!

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.