Pregnancy Off Topic Thread

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I threw up after my boyfriend did a smelly fart once, no joke!! 😂
OMG this happened to me after the hospital Sunday night. TBF OH has tummy issues but had obviously used the opportunity while I wasn't there to let it go thinking the fan would help.... it helped make the bedroom a fart whirlwind :sick: He's on a ban for any trigger foods now!!

Our worse poonami was when I was changing LO, went it to wipe and they projectile shat straight up inside the dangling sleeve of my dressing gown :LOL:

I've said it before but fairy liquid is the best thing for washing out baby poo and vom. I think it breaks down the fat from the milk.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
The sex part is definitely not featured anywhere on my to do list 😂 but we’re trying to plan it so I only have to go back to work for a couple of months before starting maternity again so needs must 🤣 we’ve both got really small age gaps with our closest siblings so we want the same for little rasp. I think if I hadn’t had a section we’d probably start trying as soon as my bleeding stops but obviously we’re going to have to wait a little longer to let everything heal internally first. Certainly won’t be the recommended year tho 🙈

Our new bed is being delivered in a minute, I cannot wait to get in it and starfish 😂 I especially can’t wait because Mr R said he’d stay sleeping in the spare room for a bit so me and Baby R will have a super king all to ourselves 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 6
The sex part is definitely not featured anywhere on my to do list 😂 but we’re trying to plan it so I only have to go back to work for a couple of months before starting maternity again so needs must 🤣 we’ve both got really small age gaps with our closest siblings so we want the same for little rasp. I think if I hadn’t had a section we’d probably start trying as soon as my bleeding stops but obviously we’re going to have to wait a little longer to let everything heal internally first. Certainly won’t be the recommended year tho 🙈

Our new bed is being delivered in a minute, I cannot wait to get in it and starfish 😂 I especially can’t wait because Mr R said he’d stay sleeping in the spare room for a bit so me and Baby R will have a super king all to ourselves 😂
Sorry all I seem to be doing today is replying to you! I work with someone who has two children in the same school year, both are c sections. First one emergency (ish), second one planned. She’s fine!

• Heart
Reactions: 1

Mr Brews sister has 3 girls and the youngest two are 1yr and 4days apart in age, they're like twins and have the loveliest relationship, it's so sweet. All 3 of her girls have birthdays within 10 days of each other, an expensive couple of weeks for the family and somehow baby brew has ended up being due on the middle girl's birthday, I think everyone in our families will be surviving off cake alone all of September 🤣

• Heart

My sister in law has a September baby and an August baby so 11 months apart! Both c-sections.
Honestly didn't let my partner near me for about 4 months after my first 😂😂
All I really wanted was to be pregnant on my sons 2nd birthday and I was 3 months! So he'll be exactly 2.5 when the new baby arrives. I love the idea of being close in age cos my siblings are 5 and 7 years older than me so growing up they had a better bond, it's all worked out now and the 3 of us are all super close like!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Keep these positive small gap stories coming 🤣 the one RL person I’ve mentioned it to told me a horror story and nearly put me off!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Keep these positive small gap stories coming 🤣 the one RL person I’ve mentioned it to told me a horror story and nearly put me off!
Mine are two years apart and it was actually fine, hard work but I imagine all age gaps can be hard for different reasons. I like that all the baby stuff is over now, like getting rid of the pram, I reused all their clothes, and ditch each size when it’s outgrown.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
There’s 14 years, 12 years and 8 years between me and my siblings!! I absolutely hated it. No one would play Barbies with me 🤣 There’s 4 years between my 2 kids which ain’t too bad I think. I think I’d have been a stresshead if I had a close age gap 😂

• Heart
I honestly think there’s pros and cons to both big and small gaps!
Smaller gap = you’re pretty much still doing the baby/young toddler stuff anyway so may as well carry on and throw another one in the mix, you can entertain them both with the same things e.g soft plays etc, still be doing the nappies, having the pram out etc for the older one so it’s just like carrying on I imagine!
Larger gap = not got 2 lots of nappies to do, the older one may be sleeping through, older one at school etc so only having 1 baby to look after, they can play independently and understand helping out. My cousin has a 5 year gap between hers and she said it was amazing when he was a baby as the older one was abit more independent.

I’m gunna have 2y 10m between mine and I’m a littler concerned as this gap does not fit into any of those categories 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 3
When I joked about going again straight away as a joke my boyfriend basically flinched. I think I’ve been too much of a nightmare during this pregnancy lol. I don’t actually know what I want. I haven’t enjoyed pregnancy, and can’t currently imagine doing it all again and really for us I think we need to look at it from a money POV and would probably love to go on two/three years of holidays with our first before thinking of another.

Saying that, I don’t want to go on the pill after giving birth. I hate it. It’s not an option. So who knows 🤭 2 under 2 sounds so cute but equally petrifying.

• Heart
There will be around 3y11m’s between our eldest and the twins. Before I fell pregnant (we were trying for a while) I wanted a closer age gap and seeing that get bigger every month of trying was heartbreaking. However, I don’t think there is a right or wrong! In hindsight now knowing we are having twins I think it’s nice that we will have a helpful and interested little 4 year old, rather than being caught in the middle of toddler tantrums and toilet training with newborns! I will admit I am DREADING the school run 3mo old twins though 😂

there is 22m between me and my brother and my other siblings are 9 and 12 years younger than me. I’m equally as close to them all and I actually really enjoyed being more involved with the youngest when I was a teenager. Now as adults we are all still close even though we are in very different stages of our lives.

• Heart
I’ve no idea what I want to do, all I’m focusing on now is not being pregnant ! I don’t want to go on the pill but I will probably try and prevent another baby so soon. It’s hard cos you never know how long it will take or what pregnancy would be like second time around.

I think ideally 2-3 years, but I can’t imagine starting to try next year 😱

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I find it so hard to dress for my body. To be honest I shouldn’t moan, I’m still a size 6 with a neat bump. I’ve bought these two as contenders for my baby shower and just to get through summer. I also just hate most maternity clothes lol so just buying an 8 in everything and hoping for the best. Probs gonna have to go for the second one for the baby shower as it goes with my bear/neutrals theme for the party.

Attachments

Reactions: 1
I will be 38 when baby is born and I would like the second before 40. It means trying again and getting pregnant before this baby turns 1. My sibling and I are 18 months apart so I have always liked the idea of a small age gap. I will see how I feel when this one is out.

@Laughalong I really like both and agree on hating maternity clothes!

Reactions: 2
Maternity clothes are so hellish sometimes!
My poor little nan passed away last week, very shocking, but all I can think about it how I'm gonna be 36 weeks pregnant at her funeral, what on earth am I supposed to wear? Just hoping it's not a hot day!
PS, I know I sound selfish but it's a Catholic funeral too they go on for about 70 years!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.