Pregnancy Off Topic Thread

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I find it so hard to dress for my body. To be honest I shouldn’t moan, I’m still a size 6 with a neat bump. I’ve bought these two as contenders for my baby shower and just to get through summer. I also just hate most maternity clothes lol so just buying an 8 in everything and hoping for the best. Probs gonna have to go for the second one for the baby shower as it goes with my bear/neutrals theme for the party.
I really like both of those, I reckon treat yourself to both. I do agree the second one would be best for a baby shower. I feel like everyone always wears light colours to their baby showers?
I've struggled too, I'm a size 6-8 and mat clothes swamp me but sizing up in normal clothes just isn't working. I've literally got like 3 outfits that on rotation that fit for now

• Heart
Reactions: 2
So glad it’s not just me. Ordered both, and threw this one in for good measure! I’m a bit iffy about short things at the minute, which is ironic because pre pregnancy I would never have worn a midi because I liked having everything tight/short on my body 🤣 now I’m the opposite. Mum life really is a thing. I just don’t like the feeling of looking inappropriate, whilst with a bump. I don’t even look on Oh Polly anymore, at the ripe age of 25.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I've got this dress from shein in 3 different colours thanks to how much I love it 🤣 it's so comfy and stretchy, and found it quite flattering with the bump too. It's not thick material but ideal for days when it's not so nice outside
1000015333.png

More recently I've got this skirt from their maternity range which I like, again it's comfy and has an adjustable waist band hidden inside the waist so hopefully it'll last the summer
1000015334.png

Maternity clothes are so hellish sometimes!
My poor little nan passed away last week, very shocking, but all I can think about it how I'm gonna be 36 weeks pregnant at her funeral, what on earth am I supposed to wear? Just hoping it's not a hot day!
PS, I know I sound selfish but it's a Catholic funeral too they go on for about 70 years!
sorry for your loss! ❤ I attended a funeral a few weeks ago (around 32 weeks) and wore a wrap around maternity dress which was nice and airy and comfy as you can tighten/loosen it above your bump.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Maternity clothes are a pain. I’ve got about two outfits on rotation atm, it’s so much harder now it’s warmer as well so can’t just put on a baggy jumper and jeans. I bought a really nice jumpsuit from vinted which said it was maternity but I’m not convinced as the button popped off of the belly the other day and I was devastated 😂 it’s difficult because you don’t want to buy or spend too much when they’re just temporary clothes anyway

• Heart
I got a non maternity playsuit from Next a few weeks ago think I got 2 sizes up and I literally look like a pregnant toddler in it 😂 it's so comfy though so I don't care but I caught a glimpse of myself side on and nearly died I am so huge hahahaha

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I've got this dress from shein in 3 different colours thanks to how much I love it 🤣 it's so comfy and stretchy, and found it quite flattering with the bump too. It's not thick material but ideal for days when it's not so nice outside
View attachment 2953060

More recently I've got this skirt from their maternity range which I like, again it's comfy and has an adjustable waist band hidden inside the waist so hopefully it'll last the summer
View attachment 2953062
I’ve been living in this skirt and another that’s similar in a different pattern. It’s really comfy! I’m hoping I can get through the next few weeks without needing to order anything else!

• Heart
I got a non maternity playsuit from Next a few weeks ago think I got 2 sizes up and I literally look like a pregnant toddler in it 😂 it's so comfy though so I don't care but I caught a glimpse of myself side on and nearly died I am so huge hahahaha
Comfort is key but the comfort of playsuits ends when you need a wee and have to strip off 😂

View attachment 2953060

View attachment 2953062
I am living in these at the moment, similar to your first one!

Attachments

• Heart
I planned to spend the next few months in nice summer dresses but the weather has been so tit lately ☹ I haven’t bought any maternity clothes, just sized up on things until I have a proper bump!

• Heart
I bought two lovely maternity dresses then gave birth 4 weeks early and never got the chance to wear them 😂 Luckily they look alright on my post baby body lol

• Heart
I asked this on the main pregnancy thread but didn’t get a reply. Anyone seen a tight jumpsuit or romper in a soft stretchy sports material and not ribbed and not super expensive please?

I asked this on the main pregnancy thread but didn’t get a reply. Anyone seen a tight jumpsuit or romper in a soft stretchy sports material and not ribbed and not super expensive please?
Fairly sure there’s ones on Oh Polly that matches this. But not cheap. I personally have been wearing one of the long sleeve tight ones from PLT that has the zip, but it’s ribbed.

• Heart
View attachment 2953060
I got this sort of one in the strappy version with a matching cropped cardi. It was gorgeous (I went too small so it was a bit see through so gave away) - reckon it’d be a good shout for the summer though.

This was nice
IMG_4274.jpeg

and I’ve said these before but they work so well with bump in a size up
IMG_4275.jpeg

---
I got a more jersey-y fabric ‘SHEIN basics maternity tank jumpsuit’ one but it had a line under the boobs which irritated the crap out of my bump but then I get really sensitive. It was good if not for that at £8.50.

Last edited:
  • Heart
I got this sort of one in the strappy version with a matching cropped cardi. It was gorgeous (I went too small so it was a bit see through so gave away) - reckon it’d be a good shout for the summer though.

This was nice
View attachment 2953242
and I’ve said these before but they work so well with bump in a size up
View attachment 2953245
---

I got a more jersey-y fabric ‘SHEIN basics maternity tank jumpsuit’ one but it had a line under the boobs which irritated the crap out of my bump but then I get really sensitive. It was good if not for that at £8.50.
Ohh I love all of these. Off to shein I go 😆

Lol just went to my bf “So when can we go again” and he nearly choked. Then said whenever I want, I replied that’s not even true cos you already said no!!! And he said about 6 months old lol. Okay!
---
View attachment 2953337
This is another of my favourite shein dresses at the moment, was great in the heat last week!
To be fair that is literally my current body!! Maybe I will pay Shein maternity some attention if the reference pics are good

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I’m so with you about the maternity clothes, it’s been a nightmare for me being plus size and I’ve spend all my life trying to hide my belly and now it’s front and centre 😂

I did see some nice summer things in Peacocks, Poundland, Bonmarche and for some stuff you don’t wanna spend loads on some charity shops are good xx

• Heart
Does anyone follow/watch Brittany Miller on tik tok? I hope none of you dress like her 😂 🙏
Brittany Miller, pregnant with the worlds rarest twins, still in her XS skimpy undies and bump out on display every opportunity she gets. I’d love if she was on here 🤣

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.