Pregnancy Off Topic Thread

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s breaking my stone cold heart seeing him struggling, I want to cry every time I look at him
😔 they said we can take him home because he’s managing to eat and wee ok, just have to keep a close eye on him and try to keep him upright for tonight. So no sleep for me again. I think it’s upsetting Mr R that he won’t settle for him at all and just wants me 😔

• Sad
Reactions: 7
It’s breaking my stone cold heart seeing him struggling, I want to cry every time I look at him
😔 they said we can take him home because he’s managing to eat and wee ok, just have to keep a close eye on him and try to keep him upright for tonight. So no sleep for me again. I think it’s upsetting Mr R that he won’t settle for him at all and just wants me 😔
I feel you, seeing them struggle physically hurts. If he's eating well it sounds like a good sign but trust your instinct, know the signs of chest sucking, nasal flaring etc. No one knows him like his Mam and Dad.
Has Mr R tried skin to skin when settling him, might be worth a shot when you do need a break? Lots of love to you

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I’m watching him like a hawk at the moment. I spent most of today (yesterday?) googling stuff so I’ve been looking for signs. He was chest sucking a little bit earlier which is what made me call paeds triage but he’d stopped by the time we got to hospital and he hasn’t done it since. I’m scared to take my eyes off him at the moment. He’s so little and sounds awful 😔
He does skin to skin with him and normally they’re good together. I think it’s just because Mr R had a (completely different) bug so spent 3 days quarantining away from him so it was just me and him and we spent the majority of that just cuddled on the sofa or in bed so he maybe just feels more comforted by me at the moment. I don’t mind. It does melt me when I put my hand on his chest or stroke his face and he has a vice like grip on my fingers though 🥺

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Oh bless you @raspberryjuice there’s nothing scarier than your baby being ill ☹ You shouldn’t have to be so beside yourself so early on! I know it’s easier said than done but try and get some rest, you don’t want to make yourself ill with the lack of sleep, even if you lie next to baby R in his bed and hold his hand so you can at least try a light sleep and know you’re still comforting him by being there. I hope he feels better soon; the poor thing!!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Hope you’ve managed to get some sleep and you and baby are doing ok @raspberryjuice 💓

How is everyone today? I’m so tired 😵💫 Have you all seen that poonami advert? I always watched it dead cocky thinking ‘my first born has never had a poonami’ well I’m not so cocky anymore because baby watermelon had a poonami at 1:30 in the morning 😂 Oh and my phone charger decided to snap so I’m charger less until I manage to get to town later on and get a new one!!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Hope you’ve managed to get some sleep and you and baby are doing ok @raspberryjuice 💓

How is everyone today? I’m so tired 😵💫 Have you all seen that poonami advert? I always watched it dead cocky thinking ‘my first born has never had a poonami’ well I’m not so cocky anymore because baby watermelon had a poonami at 1:30 in the morning 😂 Oh and my phone charger decided to snap so I’m charger less until I manage to get to town later on and get a new one!!
I've just had an ice lolly for breakfast because I've been up all night being sick and I thought it would be nice....it was 😂
I always get cocky talking about poonamis too cos my first didn't have any but he didn't have dairy and I think that's why, I've been trying to mentally prepare dealing with them this time round 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Thanks everyone. We got some sleep because in the end I gave up and put Baby R on my chest so he’d sleep and I fell asleep too. I know that’s not exactly safe sleeping but he couldn’t settle at all on his back and it was the only way either of us were sleeping. I’m still propped upright in bed after my csection so I decided we’d be safe enough 😊

We haven’t had a poonami yet but I’ve had 2 now where I’ve gone to change his dirty bum, whipped the nappy off and cleaned him and then he’s carried on pooing with no nappy on 🙈 the first time was the middle of the night and we made a right mess because it was never ending. The second was last night and his poo was like green water (poor baby 😢) and it just carried on pouring like a tap when I had him stripped off 😂 luckily that time Mr R was on hand to help!

• Heart
Ah that’s happened to me a few times 😂 Last night I was changing her bum whilst watching Corrie and I’d finished wiping and looked up at the screen, next thing a load of poo fired out of her bum and nearly hit me! It was like she aimed and fired it right at me 😂 Luckily it didn’t get me but I feel like next time I need to come armed with protection when she’s had a poo

• Haha
I'm so squeamish and have such a weak stomach I literally gag at the slightest thing, I'm petrified of a poonami! My mum and boyfriend genuinely said they're worried about how I'm going to cope changing pooey bums because I've such a weak stomach 😂 I threw up after my boyfriend did a smelly fart once, no joke!! 😂(it's one of his proudest moments)😂People keep telling me that boys have a habit of weeing as soon as you take their nappy off and I'm praying that doesn't happen 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Get yourself some Peepee Teepee’s @Elle Woods! You just pop it over his bits when you take the nappy off so he doesn’t create his own sprinkler system 😂 Baby R hasn’t wee’d on me yet but he’s got Mr R a few times!

• Haha
  • Heart
I always knew it was time to size up in nappies when my little girl would have loads of poonamis lol sometimes you just have to throw the vest/clothes away after as they are beyond repair 🤣 I don’t know what im going to do this time though with a boy! Deffo gunna be a victim of the sprinkler during them tired middle of the night nappy changes when you’re half asleep I just know it 🥲

• Haha
I remember crying the first time my son weed on me 🤣 He was like a day old, the first night at home and I just didn’t think at all that he would wee on me when the nappy comes off. It went right in my face as well 😂😂 I cried and shouted my boyfriend and he ran in dead dramatically half asleep thinking I’d been shot or something

I seen a tik tok the other day saying wipe your babies belly with a baby wipe before you take their nappy off and it makes them wee in their nappy instead of weeing when it’s off 🤓 the more you know! I’ve not tried it like 🤣

• Haha
I just bumped into an old family friend who I've not seen in years, got chatting about the pregnancy and said it's a boy and she sort of went "oh, a boy, were you gutted?" before I could tell her no I was delighted she went on to say "I just always imagined you having a girl, will you try again for a girl?" 😂 😂 People say the weirdest things and please, having another baby is the last thing on my mind when this one is yet to be evicted 😂

• Haha
  • Sad
I just bumped into an old family friend who I've not seen in years, got chatting about the pregnancy and said it's a boy and she sort of went "oh, a boy, were you gutted?" before I could tell her no I was delighted she went on to say "I just always imagined you having a girl, will you try again for a girl?" 😂 😂 People say the weirdest things and please, having another baby is the last thing on my mind when this one is yet to be evicted 😂
Be prepared soon as one flies out they just automatically ask if you’re gonna have another, I’ve got two and people love to ask ‘is that it then?’ ‘having any more?’ ‘is a third one the way?’ Let me give my womb a break!!!

• Heart
I remember crying the first time my son weed on me 🤣 He was like a day old, the first night at home and I just didn’t think at all that he would wee on me when the nappy comes off. It went right in my face as well 😂😂 I cried and shouted my boyfriend and he ran in dead dramatically half asleep thinking I’d been shot or something

I seen a tik tok the other day saying wipe your babies belly with a baby wipe before you take their nappy off and it makes them wee in their nappy instead of weeing when it’s off 🤓 the more you know! I’ve not tried it like 🤣
I just know it’s gonna happen at least once 🤣 I’ve heard about the trick with the wipe so will deffo be trying that one!

• Heart
All of these stories are making me realise the glamour of pregnancy will turn into the glamour of mum life being weed on and clearing up poonamis 😂

I’m absolutely exhausted today and doing the bare minimum to get through work. I have a week off for half term next week then 5 weeks til Mat leave so I’m praying I find a bit of energy somewhere!

• Heart
Be prepared soon as one flies out they just automatically ask if you’re gonna have another, I’ve got two and people love to ask ‘is that it then?’ ‘having any more?’ ‘is a third one the way?’ Let me give my womb a break!!!
🤣 is it bad me and Mr R are already talking about no2? We’re going to start trying asap 🙈

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.