Pregnancy #9 we love carbs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've come to hate driving, getting in my car gives me major anxiety. As for my partner driving if I have to tell him to watch his speed over a bump or round a corner one more time I'll have to hurt him! You're not alone!
I’m so glad it’s not just me! 🤣🤣🤣🙈🙈I just have the fear about it at the moment!! Like a crazy lady as soon as I get in the car! Xx

spd update I woke up in absolute agony yesterday and my left leg felt like it had sciatica never had pain like it. Then I had back ache most of the day turns out I was extremely constipated making this even worse. Don’t suffer with constipation or you could end up like me yesterday no joke thought I would need a wheelchair even took paracetamol x
God that sound horrendous 😭 are you taking anything for it? The iron tablets are having the same effect on me 😭

• Sad
Reactions: 2
I’m so glad it’s not just me! 🤣🤣🤣🙈🙈I just have the fear about it at the moment!! Like a crazy lady as soon as I get in the car! Xx
I am also that person when my fiancé drives or me and I go over potholes they seem ten times worse and living in the sticks the roads are bumpy worries me all the time shaking her around in my tummy I know that sounds silly but I get it and worry too. I usually just have fruit but I haven’t really had as much the pay few days so I had to drink lactolose but I think it really contributed to my back pain. I am going to try acupuncture I think physio doesn’t nothing for me X

Does anyone have a sleepyhead? Am so undecided about whether to get one for supervised daytime naps etc. Have a next to me for the bedroom and a cot for the nursery but wasn’t sure if I’d use one/if they’re worth the money!

Does anyone have a sleepyhead? Am so undecided about whether to get one for supervised daytime naps etc. Have a next to me for the bedroom and a cot for the nursery but wasn’t sure if I’d use one/if they’re worth the money!
We used one for my little boy - night and day. He absolutely loved it and would settle really easily in it. I’ll definitely use it again for impending baby number 2 but will probably just use it during the day and not the night.

Reactions: 4
Does anyone else have really bad anxiety whilst driving or being a passenger since getting pregnant?!! I swear my anxiety levels are something else in the car! 🙈🙈I’m a nervous wreck! I’m driving my partner mad when he’s driving because I’m gripping on to the seat and shouting at him all of the time!!
Must be me being over protective of my bump! But god it gets worse the longer I go on in pregnancy...think my partner wants these next 6 weeks to faster than ever now! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️🤣
Yes! I was having driving lessons back in December (passed my test when I was 17 and hadn’t driven properly in 12 years 🙈) and my first one was the day I found out I was pregnant. I was a complete nervous wreck! I still don’t really enjoy driving at all tbh - dreading having to drive a newborn baby around!

• Heart
The placenta comments reminded me, the placenta is posterior this time! Anterior last time. So I'm quite convinced I've been feeling this little guy flailing around for a good few weeks now :D

also mentioned at the scan worrying about movements (I'm 19+2) and the midwife confirmed feeling anything at the moment is a bonus and not to think about patterns etc until after about 24 weeks. I knew this anyway but always helps to check with my hideous anxiety. Hope that might help anyone feeling the same 🙂

• Heart
Reactions: 8
The placenta comments reminded me, the placenta is posterior this time! Anterior last time. So I'm quite convinced I've been feeling this little guy flailing around for a good few weeks now :D

also mentioned at the scan worrying about movements (I'm 19+2) and the midwife confirmed feeling anything at the moment is a bonus and not to think about patterns etc until after about 24 weeks. I knew this anyway but always helps to check with my hideous anxiety. Hope that might help anyone feeling the same 🙂
I’m only 16 weeks but because I know 2 people expecting and nearly same dates they’ve both felt movements n I was feeling a bit worried 😅 I know I shouldn’t but really can’t help it this has helped lots thanks ☺

• Heart
Reactions: 6

Another one of the old wives tales is if you have a posterior placenta it’s a boy 🤣 I find some of the old wives tales ridiculous 🤣 did any of them work for you guys? 🤔🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I’m only 16 weeks but because I know 2 people expecting and nearly same dates they’ve both felt movements n I was feeling a bit worried 😅 I know I shouldn’t but really can’t help it this has helped lots thanks ☺
I felt bugger all with my daughter until about 20 weeks! So glad it helped 😄

Another one of the old wives tales is if you have a posterior placenta it’s a boy 🤣 I find some of the old wives tales ridiculous 🤣 did any of them work for you guys? 🤔🤣
ooh this one is true then 😂

• Haha
Haha 😂 certainly not for me 😂 all 3 of mine have been posterior and I have 1 boy, 2 girls 😂
Only old wives tale that was true for me was with my second, all I wanted was orange juice which the old wives tale is craving sweet things for a girl.
But this time all I wanted was salty fries. And she's a girl 😂

• Haha
I had an anterior placenta with my son, and twin 2 who's a boy this time round also has an anterior placenta. Sorry to kill the tale off 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Yes the needle trick worked for me predicting a girl but not the placenta as mine is posterior and it’s a girl x

Reactions: 1

Apparently there is a sleep nest by Purflo that has been approved / recommended for overnight sleep. It looks similar to Sleepyheads so I’m going to get one of those as everyone I know has sworn by the sleepyhead but I’ll feel better having something I know meets current rules.

Reactions: 5
Apparently there is a sleep nest by Purflo that has been approved / recommended for overnight sleep. It looks similar to Sleepyheads so I’m going to get one of those as everyone I know has sworn by the sleepyhead but I’ll feel better having something I know meets current rules.
That’s really useful to know, just had a look and I think we’ll get one of these instead of the sleepyhead too.

I’ve had bad skin, sweet cravings and the heart rate was above 140bpm which according to old wives tales all means I’m having a girl. I find out on Tuesday at my scan so we’ll see if that’s true 😂

Having one of those days where I feel a bit clueless about what to do with a baby. Like figuring out routines with changing / feeding etc. I’m sure it’ll all come together after a couple of days and it’ll just become second nature to know what to do but right now I feel super clueless.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Having one of those days where I feel a bit clueless about what to do with a baby. Like figuring out routines with changing / feeding etc. I’m sure it’ll all come together after a couple of days and it’ll just become second nature to know what to do but right now I feel super clueless.
I had a little cry to my partner last night thinking about how overwhelming it’s going to be bringing a baby home. I’m so excited but it is SUCH a big adjustment, I know how you feel.

Have you done any classes? I think someone mentioned it in here before but there’s a free online class every Saturday with The Baby Academy. They cover things like cord care, baths, changing, sleeping etc. I’ve signed up for next Saturday as I haven’t got a clue either!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Aww I get like this a bit I’ve never even changed a dirty nappy but then I think about how cute babies are and then I feel ok and the fact I won’t have to go to work so if I’m tired I can either chill with her or go for a walk etc try not to worry instinct will kick in. @Jellybb so my mother in law gets a needle and attached thread if it goes round it says one thing abs if it’s side to side it’s the other sex. She did it on me and my partner years ago and also before we have the private scan predicted him one boy and one girl and me one girl x

• Heart
I had a little cry to my partner last night thinking about how overwhelming it’s going to be bringing a baby home. I’m so excited but it is SUCH a big adjustment, I know how you feel.

Have you done any classes? I think someone mentioned it in here before but there’s a free online class every Saturday with The Baby Academy. They cover things like cord care, baths, changing, sleeping etc. I’ve signed up for next Saturday as I haven’t got a clue either!
I did the free one and then paid for the full day course - it’s so so so good!! I felt exactly the same, overwhelmed but excited but so scared and it’s definitely reassured me a little!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.