Pregnancy #9 we love carbs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone had any cervix irritation or bleeding after sex?
I’m certain my cervix has been irritated post sexual fumble as I had some red blood straight away. I’ve got no pain, cramping and just feel abit sore inside if you know what I mean.

It was red blood like when you cut yourself initially and it’s tailed off to browny old blood type spotting. No clots or anything like that thankfully.

My gut says it’s cervical irritation as I feel absolutely fine (minus the sore!) but my poor husband is beside himself with worry!

I’m certain my cervix has been irritated post sexual fumble as I had some red blood straight away. I’ve got no pain, cramping and just feel abit sore inside if you know what I mean.

It was red blood like when you cut yourself initially and it’s tailed off to browny old blood type spotting. No clots or anything like that thankfully.

My gut says it’s cervical irritation as I feel absolutely fine (minus the sore!) but my poor husband is beside himself with worry!
yes yes very likely it’s cervical irritation. Had this myself and stopped having sex cause it worried me every time. Was only a small amount and went very quickly but doctors said it’s like contact bleed and the cells on the outside of the cervix bleeds. If lots of blood always good to get checked but yeah I think it’s common.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
yes yes very likely it’s cervical irritation. Had this myself and stopped having sex cause it worried me every time. Was only a small amount and went very quickly but doctors said it’s like contact bleed and the cells on the outside of the cervix bleeds. If lots of blood always good to get checked but yeah I think it’s common.
Thank you ❤ It’s definitely put both of us off it and I never had it in my previous pregnancy so it was certainly a shock!
It was a mild amount - you know like when you have a nose bleed and it looks like so much on tissue but realistically it probably isn’t! It tailed off to just spotting so I figured that was positive. I’ll keep a close eye on it and it gets worse I’ll call EPU but I think the fact I feel quite sore there confirms what I feel!

Thanks for being a voice of reason, feel like it’s so easy to get swept up in worries but I think trusting your gut is just as important?! 🖤

• Heart
Reactions: 3

I had this early on too. Got it from both sex and transvaginal ultrasounds. Scared the tit out me and I went to EPU with it aswell, and that was what they thought it was!
As Kitt said, as long as there's not loads of blood or major cramping it should probably be okay 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Had my NT yesterday and the girl told me I had a posterior placenta meaning that I will feel movements more 🤔 anyone else had this and is it really uncomfortable? 🥴

I've had this several times in all pregnancies straight after sex. I did talk to the midwife and she said exactly what you've said, it's common and just irritation as your cervix is sensitive and there's a lot more blood volume down there.
If you're worried, get it checked but she basically said as long as it wasn't heavy and stopped after a short while, it was fine

Had my NT yesterday and the girl told me I had a posterior placenta meaning that I will feel movements more 🤔 anyone else had this and is it really uncomfortable? 🥴
That's the normal position of the placenta 😊

• Heart
Yes I do - I think it’s normal! Umm sometimes it’s a little uncomfortable if it’s a really sudden movement, but it’s more of an odd feeling than anything! I find I’m so amazed there’s an actual baby wriggling around in there that I don’t actually notice the feeling too much 😂

Anyone get paranoia that they’ve not notice movement for a while especially if they’ve been busy (only 18 weeks so it’s tiny) but it’s making me so anxious 😬😬
Also RE the sex thing my husband won’t go there he’s paranoid about hurting me or the baby 😬☹😂

Does anyone have a sleepyhead? Am so undecided about whether to get one for supervised daytime naps etc. Have a next to me for the bedroom and a cot for the nursery but wasn’t sure if I’d use one/if they’re worth the money!

Does anyone have a sleepyhead? Am so undecided about whether to get one for supervised daytime naps etc. Have a next to me for the bedroom and a cot for the nursery but wasn’t sure if I’d use one/if they’re worth the money!

Anyone get paranoia that they’ve not notice movement for a while especially if they’ve been busy (only 18 weeks so it’s tiny) but it’s making me so anxious 😬😬
Also RE the sex thing my husband won’t go there he’s paranoid about hurting me or the baby 😬☹😂
It lasts your whole pregnancy unfortunately 😂 I hateeeee the constant worry of movements 😂

I have a posterior placenta too, and was told I'd possibly feel movements earlier. And I think she was right, I've felt flutters since around 15 weeks, and now that I'm 16 and a half weeks, I can occasionally feel slightly bigger "whooshy" kind of feelings, which I assume is baby turning around or something haha.

But these movements are still very subtle, and I can only feel it when I'm sat down relaxing and looking for it, and baby happens to make a movement big enough for me to feel.

Or I could be entirely wrong and it's just gas haha! But it definitely feels weird, different and like I have a goldfish trapped in my tummy 🤔😅

Reactions: 4
That’s a normal placenta position, I’ve had 3 posterior and one anterior. I didn’t feel a huge amount of difference to be honest.

We have a different brand, same idea. I got it with baby 3 to have somewhere to pop her that she would be safe downstairs if I needed to do something, and didn’t want her siblings at her. Used it not a huge amount, and haven’t used it at all this time round, am just about to pack it away. So for me, not worth it at all (and mine was only about £30)

We had one for my son and I loved it. I understand that perhaps safe sleeping has changed now and it’s not supposed to be for overnight sleeping?
I always found it handy as it was a safe space we could easily move around and we used it for nighttime sleeping too but as mentioned not sure if the guidelines have changed

Hey I have this placenta and I feel the movements alot especially when I am lying down I would not say it is painful at 24 weeks it is actually reassuring that I can feel her don’t worry it will be ok I will let you know the further on I am 💕 it is actually a wonderful comforting feeling x ps I couldn’t really feel her until after 20 weeks and some kicks are getting stronger now x

I’m now 20 weeks (🎉) so over the past few I’ve been getting more into the habit of sleeping on my side. I find it comfortable enough but I still wake up a few times a night on my back. How strict are you supposed to be with it? This morning I woke up early so laid (on my back) looking at my phone for an hour, then afterwards thought tit should I have done that 😂

I did Google it but there’s not really anything that specific, apart from why it can cause complications.

Reactions: 8
I’m now 20 weeks (🎉) so over the past few I’ve been getting more into the habit of sleeping on my side. I find it comfortable enough but I still wake up a few times a night on my back. How strict are you supposed to be with it? This morning I woke up early so laid (on my back) looking at my phone for an hour, then afterwards thought tit should I have done that 😂

I did Google it but there’s not really anything that specific, apart from why it can cause complications.
Normally if its affecting you, you'll notice, usually end up feeling dizzy and stuff.
It's still best to stay on your side.
Also, if you want to be on your back... Prop yourself up a little so you're not flat, that's the main thing, not being on your back but being laid flat

spd update I woke up in absolute agony yesterday and my left leg felt like it had sciatica never had pain like it. Then I had back ache most of the day turns out I was extremely constipated making this even worse. Don’t suffer with constipation or you could end up like me yesterday no joke thought I would need a wheelchair even took paracetamol x

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Does anyone else have really bad anxiety whilst driving or being a passenger since getting pregnant?!! I swear my anxiety levels are something else in the car! 🙈🙈I’m a nervous wreck! I’m driving my partner mad when he’s driving because I’m gripping on to the seat and shouting at him all of the time!!
Must be me being over protective of my bump! But god it gets worse the longer I go on in pregnancy...think my partner wants these next 6 weeks to faster than ever now! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️🤣

spd update I woke up in absolute agony yesterday and my left leg felt like it had sciatica never had pain like it. Then I had back ache most of the day turns out I was extremely constipated making this even worse. Don’t suffer with constipation or you could end up like me yesterday no joke thought I would need a wheelchair even took paracetamol x
Awwwww hun. Constipation is the worst at times. Are you taking anything for it? Xxxx

• Heart
Does anyone else have really bad anxiety whilst driving or being a passenger since getting pregnant?!! I swear my anxiety levels are something else in the car! 🙈🙈I’m a nervous wreck! I’m driving my partner mad when he’s driving because I’m gripping on to the seat and shouting at him all of the time!!
Must be me being over protective of my bump! But god it gets worse the longer I go on in pregnancy...think my partner wants these next 6 weeks to faster than ever now! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️🤣

Awwwww hun. Constipation is the worst at times. Are you taking anything for it? Xxxx
I've come to hate driving, getting in my car gives me major anxiety. As for my partner driving if I have to tell him to watch his speed over a bump or round a corner one more time I'll have to hurt him! You're not alone!

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.