Pregnancy #9 we love carbs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've been the exact same today, celebrating hitting 24 weeks. What a nightmare. I hope it eases up for you, it's so horrible feeling so poorly x
So strange im 24 weeks as well abs I have had the strangest two days yesterday with the sciatica spd constipation situation then today I have started to feel sick freezing then boiling hot thought the morning sickness was back then I’ve just eaten in this order two rowntrees ice lollies, cheese breadsticks with humous, banana and chocolate flake yoghurt and a marble
Kit Kat honestly so odd 🤷🏽‍♀️

Please can I ask the stupidest question ever?

When baby wakes up crying for a feed.. do I feed him first or change him first?
That’s not stupid! To me it depends on how upset they are. If they are crying hard for a feed, feed first then change (can always do half a feed to settle, change and do the rest of the feed). If they wake up happy then you can change first.

Sometimes little ones happily tit while sleeping so you end up waking them while changing them 🙄

Reactions: 4
That’s not stupid! To me it depends on how upset they are. If they are crying hard for a feed, feed first then change (can always do half a feed to settle, change and do the rest of the feed). If they wake up happy then you can change first.

Sometimes little ones happily tit while sleeping so you end up waking them while changing them 🙄
Ok yes that makes sense thank you. So if he poops in his sleep I should change him not leave it til he wakes up?

I genuinely feel so thick sometimes lol I’ve never been around babies and I don’t have friends with babies yet so I feel very green about these things.

Reactions: 6
Ok yes that makes sense thank you. So if he poops in his sleep I should change him not leave it til he wakes up?

I genuinely feel so thick sometimes lol I’ve never been around babies and I don’t have friends with babies yet so I feel very green about these things.
Well to be honest sometimes I do just leave them until they wake when they have pooped in their sleep 🙈 if it was causing nappy rash or making them uncomfortable I wouldn’t, but that’s never been an issue. So quite often I would just leave them to sleep and change them when they wake.

And honestly, no matter how many babies you’ve been around nothing prepares you for having your own - not sure if that’s good or bad 😂 but you learn very quickly on the job, and no baby has ever been traumatised for being left a bit too long in a wet or dirty nappy! You’ll make mistakes, we all do, but no parent is perfect, we are all just winging it and doing our very best, making decisions and learning as we go.

i now have 4 kids and honestly I still feel like I have no clue what I’m doing, nor do I feel enough of an adult to have kids!

Reactions: 8

Whatever you choose.
I tend to base it on how awake they are. Sometimes she'll wake up but still be really tired, which means she takes like an oz and falls asleep, so when that's the case, I feed her a bit, change her to wake her up a little, feed her some more.

Where as other times I change her first.
I don't tend to change her after because it wakes her up and I want her to go down haha

Reactions: 2
Have you got anything from your Dr for it? I keep panicking as the NHS website says you should go to the hospital if you're not able to keep down water😭😭
Yes I was prescribed something on Friday, which I will be picking up tomorrow so I will let you know what it's called. My sickness is massively triggered by food smells and after nearly a week of not being sick my bf decided to cook eggs today and it was game over. I also find that if I'm sick once, then it writes off the whole day. I can keep liquids down ok, but if you're not I'd probably call 111 x

So strange im 24 weeks as well abs I have had the strangest two days yesterday with the sciatica spd constipation situation then today I have started to feel sick freezing then boiling hot thought the morning sickness was back then I’ve just eaten in this order two rowntrees ice lollies, cheese breadsticks with humous, banana and chocolate flake yoghurt and a marble
Kit Kat honestly so odd 🤷🏽‍♀️
Sounds like you've got a funny way of celebrating as well! Hopefully it's just a phase for both of us 🤞🏼🤦🏼‍♀️

• Heart
That’s so reassuring thanks. I’ve also been worrying about this! I feel like antenatal classes are all well and good but at the end of the day the baby has to come out and there are doctors and midwives to take over if need be but nearly everyone I know has the same panic about not really knowing what to do with a baby but these online classes are the first I’ve heard of of the sort! Definitely going to sign up so thank you. My friend sent a congratulations card and in it wrote “when things get hard I try to remember that some really f*d up people have managed to raise some amazing kids so if they can do it then you definitely can” which, unpoetic as it may be, is what I try and think of. I just worry I’ll forget obviously practical things - I didn’t know that a baby needed a vest under everything even pyjamas! Also had no idea nappies had that kind of “technology”. My Nan asked me today if I needed a top and tail bowl and I had to google what it was!
Baby needs a vest under pjs?!! Really?omg I feel silly too now because I didn’t know that. OMG Iv got sooo much to learn. 🙈

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Having one of those days where I feel a bit clueless about what to do with a baby. Like figuring out routines with changing / feeding etc. I’m sure it’ll all come together after a couple of days and it’ll just become second nature to know what to do but right now I feel super clueless.
Oh my goodness, my little one is 2 months and I STILL feel like this! I know it’s easy for me to say; but try not to worry! As long as baby is fed and loved.. it all kind of falls into place in one way or another 😂 you will be fab x

I tend to feed, otherwise he’ll just be screaming the house down! My baby gets very sleepy during feeds so I tend to change him half way through so he wakes up to finish the rest!

(eta) sorry not been on here all day so catching up and you’ve probably already had plenty answers 😆

Pregnancy insomnia has hit me hard- not a wink of sleep and my back is just achey :(

• Heart
  • Sad
I've got my second attempt at my anomaly scan today and also my cervical length scan and I can't sleep for worrying. 😔

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
Baby pretty much has a vest under everything unless it's really hot outside 😊
I only realised this the other day at 40 weeks and had a breakdown because I was like ‘tit I actually know nothing.’ 😂

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Oh my goodness, my little one is 2 months and I STILL feel like this! I know it’s easy for me to say; but try not to worry! As long as baby is fed and loved.. it all kind of falls into place in one way or another 😂 you will be fab x

I tend to feed, otherwise he’ll just be screaming the house down! My baby gets very sleepy during feeds so I tend to change him half way through so he wakes up to finish the rest!

(eta) sorry not been on here all day so catching up and you’ve probably already had plenty answers 😆
No thank you for answering I appreciate all the help I can get at this point lol (ps can’t believe you have a 2 month old already.)

• Heart
25 weeks today. 6 weeks til I finish work and I don’t have to wear a bra 🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I’m 2 weeks in with baby 2 and I feel just as clueless as I did the first time round 🙈😂 still googling every little thing!

How did people do pregnancy/parenting before google?

Reactions: 7
I've got my second attempt at my anomaly scan today and also my cervical length scan and I can't sleep for worrying. 😔
Hope everything goes smoothly!

I'm doing quite alright at the moment.
Without anti-nausea medication I still feel pretty bluh, but with it, all is fine.
I'm around 16 weeks now, but still no visible bump. It's nice, cause I still fit in my pants, but on the other hand, I kinda want to look pregnant, you know?

Also, those pregnancy vitamines with fish oil, yuck! I hate the taste that comes up with every little burp 😩
I guess it's on brand though, as I'm still calling her little Shrimpy 😅

• Heart

Change him if he poops in his sleep. Try to do it as quietly as possible to not disturb him. If they are left in poo they can get urinary tract infections and end up in hospital. It happened to my neighbour’s baby.

Does anyone have any coping tip or tricks to combat pre scan nerves? My scan is on Friday and I’ve already got somersaults and an upset tummy thinking about it 😪😣

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.