Pregnancy #9 we love carbs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I swear to god this baby is doing some kind of yoga or gymnastics in my stomach today
It feels like he is pushing on my back with his feet and using his hands to just stretch my stomach out.
Why baby why!

Reactions: 6
I also second that Asda are small.
She's grew out of asda newborn within the first week, out of the vests the second week. Where as she's still wearing newborn from other places at almost 5 weeks
Not sure if my son has chunky arms but we've had to stretch his vests open on a few occasions 🙈

Reactions: 2
Don’t quite have a baby yet to actually road test it 🤣 but I bought some H&M stuff from eBay and it looks SO small (compared to the John Lewis stuff it’s a good few cm smaller!)

In contrast I ordered a car seat from JL too (got the joie I-spin 360) and the box is MASSIVE and about 15kg, sort of regretting buying it 3 months before we’ll need it as I have nowhere to put it!
We’ve got so many boxes and stuff lying round the house. I got too excited when the pram arrived and built it and now we just have a full pram in the living room cause his room is currently being decorated. Only 3 and a half months to go. Not too keen or anything..

Reactions: 5
I think I’ve said before but just want to say to anyone struggling, you don’t always have to love pregnancy and don’t feel guilty if you don’t, it’s no reflection on your eventual relationship with the baby or mum abilities. Don’t listen to the influencer magical, glowing bollocks, it’s never going to be 100% perfect. I don’t mean to patronise if people are comfortable with it but I found it can be hard to admit if you’ve wanted a baby for ages or have friends who would give anything to be pregnant.

I’d go as far as to say I hated most of pregnancy and actually felt like the baby was alien to me & parasitic at times when I was in constant nausea and pain. I was so worried I didn’t feel the bond or this ‘magical’ process, I just hurt and wanted it to be over. I googled ‘what if I don’t love my unborn baby’, ‘how to bond with pregnancy’ things like that. It was bad. I feel guilty admitting it now even.
The second I heard her cry however all my worries about not bonding just went... Though that can take time too, everyone is different.

The point is that the pregnancy is just the journey, the baby is the prize at the end. Not enjoying the journey doesn’t reflect on the destination.
Thank you so much for this!
I'm feeling better nowadays (15 wks), but it hasn't been easy at times and I'm sure there'll be more hurdles, but it's normal. Your body goes through so many changes, you have to adjust so much. Ofcourse it'll be overwhelming and too much at times.
Big hug to everyone who needs it! We're all super heroes! ❤ And our little babies will be so worth it 😍
This just came up on my Instagram....I thought it was a butter basted chicken 😂😂😂😂
Omg, me too! I had to look twice 😂

I'm looking into baby boxes you can order at different places. Do you have that too in the UK? It's a box with free stuff (from drugstores or brands like Pampers, etc).

Could not have said it better!!!
If anyone is looking for a good read this one is good:

What No One Tells You: A Guide to Your Emotions from Pregnancy to Motherhood Amazon product
Thanks! Ordered a copy!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Has anyone got a recommendation for a nice pregnancy journal? I feel like I should start taking bump pics and thought it’d be nice to keep notes and mementos somewhere but I’ve not seen any in shops and you can’t really tell what they’re like online.
I have this one

I can’t copy the link directly from Etsy so google this and she comes up

‘etsy lovedbyjacob pregnancyjournal’

She has different styles to choose from. Partner and I run out of things to say weekly so I’d suggest taking it in turns 😂

Reactions: 1
Never been so embarrassed 🙈 I was stood with our ward consultant and a few colleagues For a post cardiac arrest debrief & one of the babies gave me the mother of all kicks to the point I yelped out loud in surprise. One of the poor juniors must've thought I was next his face went white when I told him what had happened 🤣🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Aww that is so sweet and wow 8 weeks that has gone quickly! I am short so I am interested what my baby will be like because my mum said I was never put in newborn because I was so long I was born with loads of orange hair like a carrot stick 🤣 have you bought anything from h & m or next? Wondered about their sizing c
H&M are always massive I find, that’s from baby right through to older kids clothes. Plus they do the oddest sizes which is sometimes very annoying!

Reactions: 2
Never been so embarrassed 🙈 I was stood with our ward consultant and a few colleagues For a post cardiac arrest debrief & one of the babies gave me the mother of all kicks to the point I yelped out loud in surprise. One of the poor juniors must've thought I was next his face went white when I told him what had happened 🤣🙈
I once ran into a mirror in a nightclub thinking it was some secret room so I can imagine your embarrassment! I’ve literally bought nothing like zero items my brother has bought her this cute little teddy that is at his house and that’s it. But I am writing a list and then I will probably get on Amazon for things / pram shopping and clothes all within a week because I like the excitement I am like this at Christmas as well 🤷🏽‍♀️ I am mentally taking notes on sizes. I have found some lovely clothes on Instagram too if anyone is interested I will post a few pages x

• Haha
No he’s just moved up to 3-6 cause he’s super long 😂 8 weeks on Friday, had to do an emergency order of clothes the other day cause his toes were popping out of his sleepsuits which were 0-3 😳
I have the most gorgeous set of clothes for each age all washed and folded... at the 20 week scan I was told she has ‘extremely’ long legs 😂😫
She’ll have to wear her leggings and pass them off as 3/4 length like a 90s chick 😂

• Haha
Guys for fun does anyone want to guess the sex from my 12 week scan pic? I am 22 weeks now but never found out and having so much fun with old wives tales etc. I read up on the nub theory and skull theory etc....its entertaining if nothing else 🤪

I think I’ve said before but just want to say to anyone struggling, you don’t always have to love pregnancy and don’t feel guilty if you don’t, it’s no reflection on your eventual relationship with the baby or mum abilities. Don’t listen to the influencer magical, glowing bollocks, it’s never going to be 100% perfect. I don’t mean to patronise if people are comfortable with it but I found it can be hard to admit if you’ve wanted a baby for ages or have friends who would give anything to be pregnant.

I’d go as far as to say I hated most of pregnancy and actually felt like the baby was alien to me & parasitic at times when I was in constant nausea and pain. I was so worried I didn’t feel the bond or this ‘magical’ process, I just hurt and wanted it to be over. I googled ‘what if I don’t love my unborn baby’, ‘how to bond with pregnancy’ things like that. It was bad. I feel guilty admitting it now even.
The second I heard her cry however all my worries about not bonding just went... Though that can take time too, everyone is different.

The point is that the pregnancy is just the journey, the baby is the prize at the end. Not enjoying the journey doesn’t reflect on the destination.
This is such a lovely post and so so true.

Attachments

• Heart
So funny today- I teach KS2 and missed some lessons on Monday due to a routine hospital appointment. Several kids asked today if I’d had the baby and that’s why I was off yesterday.

The innocence of children makes teaching wonderful at times

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Right, I'm well aware I'm going to sound like a dick, but I just need to offload somewhere.

I'm bloody miserable this week. The nausea is literally non-stop, and every time I think I've found something I can eat without heaving, it changes the next day and suddenly I can't stomach it. From the minute I wake up, until the minute I go to sleep (and every time I wake up for a wee, which is about every 17 minutes it seems), I constantly feel on the brink of throwing up. Smells that never bothered me are suddenly overpowering - I actually cried last night because the smell of my husband's dinner cooking made me want to heave and I had to sit in the cold with all the windows open. My entire day is preoccupied with what can I eat - at the minute the only relief I get is around 30 minutes after a slice of toast before it kicks in again.

I'm really sorry, because I know some women are much, much poorlier and I should just be thankful - we wanted this SO badly, and I was SO over the moon when we got that positive test, but I'm only 8 weeks in and I just feel so drained and the idea of feeling this way for the next 8 months genuinely makes me want to cry.

I should say I'm also currently off my bipolar meds, so I'm probably just being over dramatic :rolleyes: but I also have a massive fear of actually throwing up, so I think psychologically I really struggle to ignore nausea because it makes me so anxious.

Anyway, I'm sorry - please ignore me, I just needed to vent somewhere because it's hard when all my family expect me to be glowing with excitement.
Oh my God you do not need to feel guilty at all. Many women feel like this myself included. I felt (and still do to an extent) so uncomfortable and unhappy in my own body. I felt no relief at most times and the never ending exhaustion is very demoralising. I would say that it does get better and if it doesn't you HOUND your care provider. I rang my gp crying at 13 weeks after being fobbed off by the midwives, went for blood test and found to be v low in vit d and took a prescribed course. The improvement was pretty dramatic. It can be very hard when women around you seem to sail through pregnancy (as I see around me) whereas i am constantly knackered and still a bit sick at 22 weeks with 3 other kids that I feel like I am failing every single day. Pregnancy is a temporary state and once your baby arrives you tend to forget the negative parts. I hope you get relief soon the first trimester is so so hard xx

I have the most gorgeous set of clothes for each age all washed and folded... at the 20 week scan I was told she has ‘extremely’ long legs 😂😫
She’ll have to wear her leggings and pass them off as 3/4 length like a 90s chick 😂
My daughters legs were measuring 3 weeks ahead at 3 of my scans 😂
She does have long legs but they're not tooooo bad 😂
Means even though newborn was kind of baggy in the stomach, length wise, she grew out of them in a matter of days 😂

• Haha
Does anyone have a pregnancy support belt? Never had one before are they good for pelvic pain??
I bought this one last week and have been wearing it for a few hours a day. I’d recommend it! It’s not a miracle cure but definitely helps with the pain.

BABYGO® 4 in 1 Pregnancy Support Belt Maternity & Postpartum Band - Relieve Back, Pelvic, Hip Pain, SPD & PGP >> inc 40 Page Pregnancy Book for Birth Preparation, Labour & Recovery Amazon product

Reactions: 3
Oh my God you do not need to feel guilty at all. Many women feel like this myself included. I felt (and still do to an extent) so uncomfortable and unhappy in my own body. I felt no relief at most times and the never ending exhaustion is very demoralising. I would say that it does get better and if it doesn't you HOUND your care provider. I rang my gp crying at 13 weeks after being fobbed off by the midwives, went for blood test and found to be v low in vit d and took a prescribed course. The improvement was pretty dramatic. It can be very hard when women around you seem to sail through pregnancy (as I see around me) whereas i am constantly knackered and still a bit sick at 22 weeks with 3 other kids that I feel like I am failing every single day. Pregnancy is a temporary state and once your baby arrives you tend to forget the negative parts. I hope you get relief soon the first trimester is so so hard xx
I also really really want my baby more than anything but I am struggling with pelvic pain and I try and pretend I am ok because I don’t want to sound whiny or ungrateful so I keep it to myself but it brings me to tears and I have a good pain threshold. I am also not sleeping well and working full time cleaning cooking shopping etc. I have to go on zoom sometimes and I think bleeping hell why do I have to get changed and it reminds me how tired I look. I then think sod it I can’t wait to see my baby and I agree this is just temporary and I am looking forward to the next chapter xx

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I also really really want my baby more than anything but I am struggling with pelvic pain and I try and pretend I am ok because I don’t want to sound whiny or ungrateful so I keep it to myself but it brings me to tears and I have a good pain threshold. I am also not sleeping well and working full time cleaning cooking shopping etc. I have to go on zoom sometimes and I think bleeping hell why do I have to get changed and it reminds me how tired I look. I then think sod it I can’t wait to see my baby and I agree this is just temporary and I am looking forward to the next chapter xx
Same here, commuting down a motorway, working full time, cooking clean & shopping. New boss too who is taking our job descriptions seriously so working harder than before! Rib pain and cramping in legs that aches for days...
I keep going because I don’t want to seem like I’m making excuses for myself but resulted in the mother of all meltdowns last night.

It’s some solace that others are in the same boat ❤

• Heart
Same here, commuting down a motorway, working full time, cooking clean & shopping. New boss too who is taking our job descriptions seriously so working harder than before! Rib pain and cramping in legs that aches for days...
I keep going because I don’t want to seem like I’m making excuses for myself but resulted in the mother of all meltdowns last night.

It’s some solace that others are in the same boat ❤
It is comforting to know we all have our own issues we deal with an its normal to feel this way and have melt downs. You are the real mvp commuting down the motorway. I also salute you ladies on here who are pregnant with kids as well because pregnancy isnt as easy as I thought it would be in fact it is not easy x

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Hi everyone, I’m 24 weeks. I have only had contact from my midwife twice (8 weeks and at my 16 week check up), and I don’t have any appointments booked in with her. Is this normal? It’s my first baby so just want to double check! When do I start learning how to give birth haha

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.