Pregnancy #9 we love carbs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
30+3 and my left hand has went completely numb is that normal?
Do you think is it carpel tunnel? It's common in pregnancy. I had it quite bad and couldn't even button my shirt for work in the morning! Would wake up with numb hands and it would maybe be lunch time before I would get all feeling back,it went away after I had him xx

Reactions: 1
@Hellofromtheotherside I’ve heard good things about RUH! It’s a little too far for me and likewise Bris traffic would probably be a nightmare for St Michael’s/BRI so southmead is easier for my side of town.

@CrimeJunkie 🙌🏻 Me too! When are you due?
15th July! 😬 I had to go to the assessment unit 2 weeks ago which is right next to the corridor to the central delivery suite, it definitely scared me a little bit 😂

Reactions: 3
Right, I'm well aware I'm going to sound like a dick, but I just need to offload somewhere.

I'm bloody miserable this week. The nausea is literally non-stop, and every time I think I've found something I can eat without heaving, it changes the next day and suddenly I can't stomach it. From the minute I wake up, until the minute I go to sleep (and every time I wake up for a wee, which is about every 17 minutes it seems), I constantly feel on the brink of throwing up. Smells that never bothered me are suddenly overpowering - I actually cried last night because the smell of my husband's dinner cooking made me want to heave and I had to sit in the cold with all the windows open. My entire day is preoccupied with what can I eat - at the minute the only relief I get is around 30 minutes after a slice of toast before it kicks in again.

I'm really sorry, because I know some women are much, much poorlier and I should just be thankful - we wanted this SO badly, and I was SO over the moon when we got that positive test, but I'm only 8 weeks in and I just feel so drained and the idea of feeling this way for the next 8 months genuinely makes me want to cry.

I should say I'm also currently off my bipolar meds, so I'm probably just being over dramatic :rolleyes: but I also have a massive fear of actually throwing up, so I think psychologically I really struggle to ignore nausea because it makes me so anxious.

Anyway, I'm sorry - please ignore me, I just needed to vent somewhere because it's hard when all my family expect me to be glowing with excitement.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Hiw long did you ladies take folic acid and vit d? Im still finishing off my pills (combined folic and vit d) . My midwife recommended to take vit d for the whole pregnancy.
Vit D should be whole time, and possibly beyond. Folic acid isn’t needed after the first 12 weeks. I have to take a high dose of folic acid (5mg as opposed to 400 micrograms) due to family history of spina bifida but have always been told I can stop after 12 weeks as that by then the spinal cord will be completely enclosed (or not if SB is present).

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Right, I'm well aware I'm going to sound like a dick, but I just need to offload somewhere.

I'm bloody miserable this week. The nausea is literally non-stop, and every time I think I've found something I can eat without heaving, it changes the next day and suddenly I can't stomach it. From the minute I wake up, until the minute I go to sleep (and every time I wake up for a wee, which is about every 17 minutes it seems), I constantly feel on the brink of throwing up. Smells that never bothered me are suddenly overpowering - I actually cried last night because the smell of my husband's dinner cooking made me want to heave and I had to sit in the cold with all the windows open. My entire day is preoccupied with what can I eat - at the minute the only relief I get is around 30 minutes after a slice of toast before it kicks in again.

I'm really sorry, because I know some women are much, much poorlier and I should just be thankful - we wanted this SO badly, and I was SO over the moon when we got that positive test, but I'm only 8 weeks in and I just feel so drained and the idea of feeling this way for the next 8 months genuinely makes me want to cry.

I should say I'm also currently off my bipolar meds, so I'm probably just being over dramatic :rolleyes: but I also have a massive fear of actually throwing up, so I think psychologically I really struggle to ignore nausea because it makes me so anxious.

Anyway, I'm sorry - please ignore me, I just needed to vent somewhere because it's hard when all my family expect me to be glowing with excitement.
I could have written this...I have been awful with the nausea, I cannot remember what it's like to not feel nauseous! My first baby I vomited once in the morning and never had any other nausea so this has been so different for me. I'm STARVING all the time but everything turns my stomach: the smell, the look of it, everything.
I am 10+5 today and today has been the first time in ages I have been able to eat a bit more and the nausea isn't as "all consuming: as it had been....but then of course I'm panicking that something is wrong 😂😂 never a happy medium!
The only thing that has got me through is Crackers (had to butter them as my mouth was so dry), butter ginger and butter mint sweets, and the biggest help of all....really ice cold water. Oh and I was able to eat melon on Sunday which really helped witj my thirst.
I hope you feel better soon. I know I am crossing my fingers for the same ❤

• Heart
Ladies who feel sick, it’s ok to feel miserable, cross, and pissed off about it. It really wipes you out and takes it’s toll on you mentally feeling so rotten every day. Seek help from your GP if it continues, they can give you medication to ease it.

I am now 3 weeks post partum and honestly I am still thankful every single day that I no longer feel nauseous. It really just makes you miserable.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Ladies who feel sick, it’s ok to feel miserable, cross, and pissed off about it. It really wipes you out and takes it’s toll on you mentally feeling so rotten every day. Seek help from your GP if it continues, they can give you medication to ease it.

I am now 3 weeks post partum and honestly I am still thankful every single day that I no longer feel nauseous. It really just makes you miserable.
The only good thing is that it's distracting me from my scan anxiety for next week!!

Reactions: 2
Thanks guys! I feel awful for not constantly being on cloud 9, but it's just exhausting! I'm hoping it eases off at 12 weeks, although I keep hearing about women who are sick the entire time!

So far peppermints, sugary tea and white bread are the only thing getting me through.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Vit D should be whole time, and possibly beyond. Folic acid isn’t needed after the first 12 weeks. I have to take a high dose of folic acid (5mg as opposed to 400 micrograms) due to family history of spina bifida but have always been told I can stop after 12 weeks as that by then the spinal cord will be completely enclosed (or not if SB is present).
Same for me I took a high dose but didn’t need any more after 12 weeks (but took til 14 to use the pack up) only got vit d now

Hiw long did you ladies take folic acid and vit d? Im still finishing off my pills (combined folic and vit d) . My midwife recommended to take vit d for the whole pregnancy.
Not sure if this is just Welsh guidance but my midwife said it's now advised to take a full pregnancy vitamin for the entire pregnancy. But I've stopped splashing on Pregnacare and moved onto Tesco own brand haha

Hi guys, I found out I was pregnant on Saturday morning and was super thrilled! However I started spotting some light pink on Sunday / and a tiny bit yesterday (both only when I wiped) I didn’t need a pad or anything. There wasn’t a lot but I am still concerned as I’ve had 5 positive tests so far across the weekend.

I went to the hospital yesterday to check if all was okay & also did a urine sample. The sample came back negative & now I’m so confused because I’ve had various positive tests at home. The nurse said it could be due to me passing urine all day & it being super diluted, however I’m unsure how it would be completely negative as I thought my home tests were strong! Are the hospital tests just not very sensitive or could my urine be that diluted it wouldn’t pick it up?

has anybody experienced having positive tests at home then negative at the hospital/ doctors? It’s taken so long to get here & I am really worrying now 😩View attachment 568939
In my experience the epu pregnancy tests are a lot less sensitive !
The last pregnancy I lost , I had retained tissue and my pregnancy tests were all quite clearly positive , the epu said Thiers were so faint they were " classing it as negative"
I would ask if you could have a blood test to confirm your HCG levels

Nausea is miserable! I thought it was behind me but it’s back the past few evenings and then today. I’ve just been for a walk and to get something to eat in the hope it helps, I’d rather just need to throw up and be done with it, the lingering nausea is just irritating and draining. I’ve got a chiropractor appointment later and I spend the entire time just praying I don’t vomit all over his feet. I cannot wait for mask wearing to be done with too, I find it so much harder to manage in a mask! If I have hands free and I’m somewhere not busy I’ve taken to just holding a scarf over my face instead if I’m running in and out of a shop. Really feel for people who have to wear them all day for work if they’re also suffering nausea!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4

Hello I’m not going to ignore you cause I want to let you know that I’ve been there. I think I posted something very similar around 8 weeks too. I was MISERABLE. The sickness was so insane I couldn’t move and smells and food just knocked me so bad. I had a really low point around this time cause I thought god it’s so early in the pregnancy how on earth will I handle this? I genuinely couldn’t cope. But I did cope and I did get through it.

You will have good days and bad days and on the days where your sickness isn’t bad you’ll be like oh god I hope nothings wrong and then you’ll be a bit thankful when it comes back even though feeling sick is awful again. Pregnancy is literally the most mad thing ever.

My sickness started to ease around 12-13 weeks and then was on off until around 18 when it just went away. And then you’ll have aches and pains and other things to whinge about and we’ll all be here to whinge about it together.

Eat what you can when you can. Don’t worry about nutrition just make sure you eat (my midwife told me this.) make sure you’re drinking some water even though it’s hard to do that. And at some point you’ll get past it and you’ll be literally non stop eating like me right now :) you got this 💪🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 11

this was exactly how I felt, so miserable, it eased off around 14 weeks, try and eat what and when you can and keep hydrated. Also have bipolar and am off meds, it really doesn’t help does it! You’re not being dramatic though, feeling sick constantly is bloody exhausting.

I'm 17 weeks & still taking a high dose of Folate now, but I also have underlying malabsorption issues so don't want to drain my body dry, but its worth taking for the duration as baby is taking everything it needs before you're getting it.

Is there any harm in taking folic acid after 12 weeks? I know it's not really necessary any more but I've still been taking it anyway as I had the individual tablets and thought may as well finish them. I think all the combined pregnancy vitamins eg pregnacare have it in and you can take those throughout pregnancy so guessing its fine?

Is there any harm in taking folic acid after 12 weeks? I know it's not really necessary any more but I've still been taking it anyway as I had the individual tablets and thought may as well finish them. I think all the combined pregnancy vitamins eg pregnacare have it in and you can take those throughout pregnancy so guessing its fine?
My midwife advised it wasnt neccesary after 12 weeks as youre taking it for the babys spinal development which has happened by 12 weeks. I had a jar to finish off though so im still taking my combined folic and vit d tablet at 20 weeks.

Waiting for my 20 week scan 😁 excited to see baby again. Trying to remember all the questions to ask. Hoping everything has been growing and developing as it should 🤞

• Heart
Reactions: 5
My midwife told me to keep taking them the whole way through, I'm on higher dose and I'm over 40 weeks. My midwife said there have been studies that show taking folic acid for the entire pregnancy aids cognitive development and there is no harm (obviously that's just what my midwife has said, I'm no medical professional!) X

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.