Pregnancy #9 we love carbs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@calmyourritas I'm 8 weeks on Thursday are we the same?!

@DaisyDaisy87 how lovely! I went alone to my private scan last night and they offered money off if we book before 16w so I’m tempted to book on for 9/10 weeks so my husband can come and see. Sounds like 10weeks would be ideal or near!
Yes honestly it was so worth it, the difference since my last one (7weeks 5days) was amazing. If you can hold out towards the end of the 10 weeks baby might be moving around quite a bit! ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Bloody hell I didn’t even think about the vile food I was more worried about sleeping with sheets no duvet or my own pillow this brings a whole nee dynamic. If anyone loves fruity things you must get the Rowntrees ice lollies omg 🤤

Your hospital sounds suspiciously like mine does it also have a subway 🧐 x
No just a costa I think. I’m south of Birmingham and you’re north so I don’t think we’ll be in the same hospital. Can you imagine though us on the same ward at the breakfast buffet and you’re like oh I’ve just had a little girl called Ginger I’d be like oh duck hello! Hahaha

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Wards aren’t too horrendous. Except at night... you get your own baby to sleep, and someone else’s hell demon starts gurning, then someone is always snoring 🙄🙄🙄 but I do enjoy eavesdropping on other peoples chat!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Wards aren’t too horrendous. Except at night... you get your own baby to sleep, and someone else’s hell demon starts gurning, then someone is always snoring 🙄🙄🙄 but I do enjoy eavesdropping on other peoples chat!
Hell demon 😂😂😂😂😂😂 hahahahaha oh yeh the snoring, when I was being induced I had a wart hog next to me and the woman across the bay got up and shook her 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Ahaha oh god sorry, I'm the snorer, but only when pregnant!
I was so paranoid about keeping people in the ward awake with my snoring and also making noise rustling my packets with my snacks in. I was so hungry but too scared to open my crisps, just stared at them longingly 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I honestly didn’t know that you had to be on a ward after giving birth until I was pregnant. I’m hoping I give birth at 9am and am home for tea. #ifonly

• Heart
Reactions: 12
No just a costa I think. I’m south of Birmingham and you’re north so I don’t think we’ll be in the same hospital. Can you imagine though us on the same ward at the breakfast buffet and you’re like oh I’ve just had a little girl called Ginger I’d be like oh duck hello! Hahaha
Hahaha and then we would try and guess what other people look like it’s crazy isn’t it we all share so much with each other! I’m not even going to pretend I only snore when I’m pregnant I am a fully fledged snorer 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Physically I’m fine! Mentally is another story, had a cry this morning about labour, not being able to cope with a baby etc

The messages are so annoying, I’ve never been so popular in my life with people crawling out of the woodwork. I told my mum to stop and she was like ‘there’s no harm in asking’ 😬 So I just straight up said it was annoying so hopefully she’ll relax.

I hope your sweep goes well!
all I can say is that I feel like if I can do it anyone can.
It's totally normal to have a wobble so close to baby coming. But you honestly do find the physical and mental strength to do it all... birth and mothering. If I could go back I'd say to myself as a new mum: you are allowed to accept help without guilt and you WILL find a routine and once you do it will all become easier

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I love an eavesdrop I’m such a sneak 😂 at my scan last night there was a group of 3 like early twenties i mean if that, and the girl filling in her form didn’t know when her last period was, what her cycle length was or anything. To top it off her boyfriend thought the NHS number bit meant what number do you call for medical help ffs 😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
I love an eavesdrop I’m such a sneak 😂 at my scan last night there was a group of 3 like early twenties i mean if that, and the girl filling in her form didn’t know when her last period was, what her cycle length was or anything. To top it off her boyfriend thought the NHS number bit meant what number do you call for medical help ffs 😂😂😂
Oh it was all kicking off at my scan.
At my trust we had to be swabbed 2 days before the scan and then isolate until the scan. We had to show our results to get entry.
The waiting room was honestly the size of a cupboard.
They couldn't find the partners swab result for one couple so the woman was going mad.
Then some innocent sonographer happened to come in, see the cramped waiting area and unknowingly picked this couple to move out to the corridor. Well that was it, she was kicking off big time, pacing around, saying they were going to miss her out 😂😂 All at 8am. What a start to the day.

• Haha
  • Wow
Toast and tea standard after birth treat haha!!
I was told this would be the best thing after giving birth but my toast might as well have been cardboard 😂 the gas & air gave me serious dry mouth lol

I was a swine for eavesdropping in hospital... spent 5 nights on a ward so I knew everyone’s story hahaha, there was also a baby that did not stop crying for about 48 hours solid, it was wild 😂

• Haha
If there are no complications with the birth, how long do you have to stay in the maternity hospital afterwards? I’m sooooo weird with the smell in there 🤣 I know that sounds silly but that’s just me 🤷🏼‍♀️
Depends when you give birth but with my first, had him at 7.30am and was home by 5pm same day 😂

Reactions: 7
Physically I’m fine! Mentally is another story, had a cry this morning about labour, not being able to cope with a baby etc

The messages are so annoying, I’ve never been so popular in my life with people crawling out of the woodwork. I told my mum to stop and she was like ‘there’s no harm in asking’ 😬 So I just straight up said it was annoying so hopefully she’ll relax.

I hope your sweep goes well!
Aww I know what you mean! I'm now only at the point where physically I cant get comfortable and struggling to sleep, and sickness has been tricky the last few days! Thank you I'm sure I'll report back how it goes 😊 x

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I only have two stories from my one night stay after birth - the first was a new couple who came on the ward and the dad declared he wanted the window open because it was too hot for him and the midwife had to kindly remind him it was the end of November and there were babies fresh out the womb staying there and if he didn’t like to kindly piss off 😂

The other was a v young girl who I felt for and she was giving the baby up for adoption from what I gathered, she had no interest to be with the poor thing and the midwives and social were there constantly after she went to the toilet and left baby on the bed alone 😱

• Wow
  • Haha
I would absolutely love to do this but I'm not brave enough after my last birth was a bit complicated.
Give birth at home in the pool and then just take us both off up to my own bed. Sounds heavenly. ❤ Was your son's birth very relaxed?
It was very relaxed and serene ! You get two midwives all to yourself . He was my first ( and 9lbs 15oz 😱🙈😎) my labour was 12 hours from start to finish. He was the most happy and chilled out baby and I swear it's because his labour was so chilled , I was in my own familiar surroundings and able to just let it be. I know it's not possible for everyone , but I do believe in the flight or fight thing , if your scared , anxious and feel in supported it will end in your body struggling.
Plus I work in healthcare and know far too much to be a paitient 🙈

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I only have two stories from my one night stay after birth - the first was a new couple who came on the ward and the dad declared he wanted the window open because it was too hot for him and the midwife had to kindly remind him it was the end of November and there were babies fresh out the womb staying there and if he didn’t like to kindly piss off 😂

The other was a v young girl who I felt for and she was giving the baby up for adoption from what I gathered, she had no interest to be with the poor thing and the midwives and social were there constantly after she went to the toilet and left baby on the bed alone 😱
To be fair to that dad they do have the maternity wards insanely hot. I swear I sweat out all my excess weight before I leave the hospital, it’s like a sauna 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5
If you’re stuck on the ward for quite a while and you’re bottle feeding, what do you do for making bottles / sterilising bottles?

Reactions: 4
If you’re stuck on the ward for quite a while and you’re bottle feeding, what do you do for making bottles / sterilising bottles?
I think a lot of them you need to take in the pre made bottles you can buy because they don't have the facilities to make bottles for everyone. I know that's what they do in the hospital I'll be going to.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.