Pregnancy #9 we love carbs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@calmyourritas I'm 8 weeks on Thursday are we the same?!

@DaisyDaisy87 how lovely! I went alone to my private scan last night and they offered money off if we book before 16w so I’m tempted to book on for 9/10 weeks so my husband can come and see. Sounds like 10weeks would be ideal or near!
Yes!!!! Well by my calculations I am 8 weeks today but according to the midwife’s measurements last week I am 7+4 today so 8 weeks Thursday! It might change when I go again but that’s crazy!!! 🤍

• Heart
Reactions: 2
We spent the weekend with friends and their darling 19 month old girl but boy did I get a shock at how much harder my life might look 12-18 months from now! Adorable but non stop and barely sleeps either so I’m just trying to send all the vibes to my womb that sleep is gooooood!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Yes!!!! Well by my calculations I am 8 weeks today but according to the midwife’s measurements last week I am 7+4 today so 8 weeks Thursday! It might change when I go again but that’s crazy!!! 🤍
How mental 😂 by LMP I am 7+1 but they pushed me forward 3 days at my scan last night so I’m 7+4 like you. Will be so interesting to see how it changes if it does at all 💕

Reactions: 1
@calmyourritas I'm 8 weeks on Thursday are we the same?!

@DaisyDaisy87 how lovely! I went alone to my private scan last night and they offered money off if we book before 16w so I’m tempted to book on for 9/10 weeks so my husband can come and see. Sounds like 10weeks would be ideal or near!
Just jumping on this as I am also 8 weeks on Thursday! (Going off the date of my last period)

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Found out this morning my workplace wants us to do lateral flow testing twice a week. (Even though we’ve all been coming in as normal since March 2020). The thought of putting the swab anywhere near my nose or mouth is making me shiver. I already struggle brushing my teeth 🥲.
I’ve been testing regularly since March and only do my nose. Would gag/throw up if I tried my throat. Had a nurse do my test before a scan a few weeks ago and was sick in my lap 🥴

Could care less if I’m not testing properly. It’s the best I can do given the circumstances x

Well I'm still here, still having cramps, lots of pressure and being sick / poorly tummy but no sign of baby! I now fully understand why everyone says the last part of pregnancy feels like forever 🤣 x

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
Well I'm still here, still having cramps, lots of pressure and being sick / poorly tummy but no sign of baby! I now fully understand why everyone says the last part of pregnancy feels like forever 🤣 x
I'm still here too. Absolutely no signs, no cramps or anything, but I feel like I need another 9 months to prepare myself anyway so I'm not in any rush. 😂 Next midwife appointment is Friday at 40+5, she's said she'll offer me a sweep, but I'm undecided.

The tone in my response to people asking if there's any news is getting more passive aggressive by the hour though!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Haha me too. I've enjoyed having them at more than arms length

Oh I must have a look. Do they give good support?
Anyone who has had a water birth before what did u wear? My last birth I was in the birthing pool til they realised he was stuck then they midwife made me get out and took my bra off cos it was wet and she didn't want me freezing...by the time the Dr came in I was starkers and I didn't care anymore about the lady area but having EVERYTHING exposed made me cringe 😂😂😂thankfully another midwife covered my top half
I had a home water birth with my son , 9 years ago ! I just wore a bikini top , I don't have large boobs though 🤣 and they didn't grow either 🙈
Is anyone planning a home birth ? I will be

I can see it! I hate blue dye ones though honestly. Get yourself on Amazon prime and get the pink dye early response ones. So much better. Good luck let us know!!
Just to update you lovely lot as you so kindly took the time to reply, I got my period today so it must have just been a blue dye thing! Hopefully next month, all the best ladies ☺❤

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Just to update you lovely lot as you so kindly took the time to reply, I got my period today so it must have just been a blue dye thing! Hopefully next month, all the best ladies ☺❤
Ah hope you’re okay. Hopefully see you in this thread again soon xxx

Reactions: 3
If there are no complications with the birth, how long do you have to stay in the maternity hospital afterwards? I’m sooooo weird with the smell in there 🤣 I know that sounds silly but that’s just me 🤷🏼‍♀️

If there are no complications with the birth, how long do you have to stay in the maternity hospital afterwards? I’m sooooo weird with the smell in there 🤣 I know that sounds silly but that’s just me 🤷🏼‍♀️
I imagine it depends on individual hospitals, but at the minute with no complications it seems to be just a one night stay. I was out the day after my section last month, and a friend who had a vaginal birth was also out next day

I was in for one night and that was with low cord PH levels, maybe depending on the time of day you give birth it could even be the same day, before they tested his cord they told me I could go home the same day 😭 fingers crossed for you! X

My sister a few years ago got sent home the same day 😊

• Heart
Haha me too. I've enjoyed having them at more than arms length

Oh I must have a look. Do they give good support?
Anyone who has had a water birth before what did u wear? My last birth I was in the birthing pool til they realised he was stuck then they midwife made me get out and took my bra off cos it was wet and she didn't want me freezing...by the time the Dr came in I was starkers and I didn't care anymore about the lady area but having EVERYTHING exposed made me cringe 😂😂😂thankfully another midwife covered my top half
I wore a bra from ASOS by a brand called weekday, it was soooo comfortable

I was in for one night and that was with low cord PH levels, maybe depending on the time of day you give birth it could even be the same day, before they tested his cord they told me I could go home the same day 😭 fingers crossed for you! X
Oh that would sound great to be in and out the same day! Oh I’m not due for ages but I was there today for a scan and it brought back memories of being in there visiting pals. The smell is just indescribable 🤮

My sister a few years ago got sent home the same day 😊
That is the absolute dream 🙏🏾

Oh that would sound great to be in and out the same day! Oh I’m not due for ages but I was there today for a scan and it brought back memories of being in there visiting pals. The smell is just indescribable 🤮

That is the absolute dream 🙏🏾
Yeah I hear ya it's not very nice 🙈 I paid for a private room 😂😂 could not think of anything worse than being in a ward with shared bathrooms etc 😂😂

I had a home water birth with my son , 9 years ago ! I just wore a bikini top , I don't have large boobs though 🤣 and they didn't grow either 🙈
Is anyone planning a home birth ? I will be
I would absolutely love to do this but I'm not brave enough after my last birth was a bit complicated.
Give birth at home in the pool and then just take us both off up to my own bed. Sounds heavenly. ❤ Was your son's birth very relaxed?

Yeah I hear ya it's not very nice 🙈 I paid for a private room 😂😂 could not think of anything worse than being in a ward with shared bathrooms etc 😂😂
You don’t have the option of a private room where I am 🤣 private is basically still sharing with 3 others and it’s totally pointless 🥴 my husband thinks I’m a total weirdo but I’m the type of person that wouldn’t be able to eat anything if my surroundings smelt like the maternity hospital 🥴🤣

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.