Pregnancy #9 we love carbs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh really?
I didn't know this.
I just presumed it was the same for midwife appointments as if you're high risk you have consultant appointments anyway
Yeah I see a midwife and extra appointments to be monitored in-between consultant appointments šŸ™ˆ I had low fluid and my placenta was giving up, also had every symptom of preeclampsia except protein in my urine so midwife has to check my urine and blood pressure all the time xx

Reactions: 1
After saying my sickness was easing off this morning itā€™s come back with a vengeance. Which was particularly fun on the tube to work this morning šŸ˜«. My colleagues will either suspect Iā€™m pregnant now or they will think I have an awful hangover as I had hula hoops and a lucazade for breakfast ...
I swear, every time someone asks if my sickness has gone yet and i say its eased off a bit, the next day its back to how i was at the beginning. It's like it knows!!!

Reactions: 3
Had my 16 week midwife appointment today. A bit miffed really. She didn't realise I was pregnant with twins until the end, almost let me hear the heartbeats with the doppler till I questioned her if she should with it being multiples and then she announced I won't need my 24 week midwife check because I have two back to back consultant appointments šŸ¤Æ. So I need to do some digging on that one. Then when she asked about movements & explained RFM to me I asked about the protocol for twins as I expect its somewhat different to a single baby and she had to Google the answer. Filled me with reassurance that didšŸ˜‚.
I had mine yesterday and I honesty donā€™t understand what it was for, I was in for less than 5 minutes and the questions I asked she said it was to early to discuss and I was a bit thrown by the shortness of it all I forgot to talk about the headaches I have had. I had a scan last week because of bleeding and I got the impression she felt I didnā€™t need a proper appointment because I had a extra scan.

I think itā€™s each to their own. I donā€™t post much on social media at all, my last Instagram post was in 2019, similar on Facebook, and I wouldnā€™t post about being pregnant. However I did post just a picture and a short message when our new baby arrived. I donā€™t have many Facebook or Instagram friends, genuinely only people I am happy to have on there and see my kids so that was ok for me. It was a week or so after he arrived so of course family and best friends already knew.

My sister didnā€™t post anything when her son was born, but for some reason my uncle who we donā€™t even know that well posted them picture my mum had sent the family on his facebook! So random and we were all raging. He took it straight down when asked, but how weird is that?!
My father in law has over 3000 followers on Twitter (lol) and he shared something on there before we had even done anything. I was fuming! God knows who heā€™s got following him šŸ™„
Iā€™m very much the same as you, did a little announcement when baby was born but as far as Iā€™m concerned, the people who I care about were told via phone/text anyway!

• Wow
Reactions: 4
In my 34 years on this planet I have never even had one pimple.... now my forehead is absolutely full of spots šŸ™ˆ has anyone got this with their pregnancy or have any tips to make them go away šŸ¤£

• Haha
  • Sad
In my 34 years on this planet I have never even had one pimple.... now my forehead is absolutely full of spots šŸ™ˆ has anyone got this with their pregnancy or have any tips to make them go away šŸ¤£
When I came off the pill I had the worst breakout on my forehead. I've never been spotty. However they started to clear up when I found out I was pregnant - fantastic! Until I realised they've all migrated to my collarbone and back. What on earth!!! I'm oy 7 weeks.

• Sad
When I came off the pill I had the worst breakout on my forehead. I've never been spotty. However they started to clear up when I found out I was pregnant - fantastic! Until I realised they've all migrated to my collarbone and back. What on earth!!! I'm oy 7 weeks.
Iā€™ve never been on the pill or birth control and was lucky enough to never have spots but itā€™s like these have just set up camp overnight šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ™ˆ i showed my husband and he decided to count them... 18 and a few more brewing šŸ™ˆšŸ¤£

Have any of you got the bedside co-sleepers? Any recommendations? I never got one with my son but I am thinking about it this time

Have any of you got the bedside co-sleepers? Any recommendations? I never got one with my son but I am thinking about it this time
So sorry to hop on the back of this, but can anyone tell me what the perks are to one above a Moses basket? I get easier access but presumably you need to sit up or get up to feed and change anyway? We live in a flat so I assumed Iā€™d need a Moses basket in the lounge for the daytime but then having a co-sleeper crib at night seems a bit unnecessary (and the co-sleeper is a bit bulky to move from bedroom to lounge and back every day). Will I regret just having a Moses basket at night?

Reactions: 2
How far along are you?
During the first trimester I had them really badly on my cheeks and chin, and found that cutting down my usually OTT skincare routine, getting rid of all the harsher ingredients and literally using a Eucerin cleanser and Botanics Gel Moisturiser helped, plus drinking as much water as I could keep down. By the middle of my second trimester they had gone, so not sure if that was luck or my new gentle skincare routine!

How far along are you?
During the first trimester I had them really badly on my cheeks and chin, and found that cutting down my usually OTT skincare routine, getting rid of all the harsher ingredients and literally using a Eucerin cleanser and Botanics Gel Moisturiser helped, plus drinking as much water as I could keep down. By the middle of my second trimester they had gone, so not sure if that was luck or my new gentle skincare routine!
Iā€™m 14 weeks now! Itā€™s like they came out of nowhere!

So sorry to hop on the back of this, but can anyone tell me what the perks are to one above a Moses basket? I get easier access but presumably you need to sit up or get up to feed and change anyway? We live in a flat so I assumed Iā€™d need a Moses basket in the lounge for the daytime but then having a co-sleeper crib at night seems a bit unnecessary (and the co-sleeper is a bit bulky to move from bedroom to lounge and back every day). Will I regret just having a Moses basket at night?
I had the chicco next 2 me for my last baby and rated it. I'm looking at getting the Aldi version of it for this baby.
For me personally, the benefits were being able to slide him into the cot rather than putting him down as he'd ALWAYS wake at the motion of being put down.
Also, the head was adjustable so when he was colicky/stuffy nosed we could raise the end slightly.
And once he was a bit bigger I could nurse him laying down and neither of us would have to move really. I'd just shuffle over and then away again when he was done.
Also in the night when you wake up and want to check on them you can just glance over rather than physically sitting up.
Probably a really personal preference. I didn't have one to start with my first, she was in a Moses basket but she hated it and wouldn't settle. My husband actually built me a co sleeper crib for her, I so wish we'd kept it.
Maybe start with your Moses basket and see how you get on? It's so expensive buying all this stuff!

No you wonā€™t regret just a Moses basket if youā€™re one level living theyā€™re easy to move around but baby will very likely grow out of it quickly and youā€™ll need something else. My girl is small, 3.5mths and only recently out of first size but sheā€™s almost out of space in the Moses.

We have a next to me in the bedroom, I just reach over and pick her out at night. I have a waterproof towel type change mat, nappy and wipes within reach and change her on the bed too, no need to get up. Itā€™s inconvenient for getting in and out of bed but itā€™s great otherwise.

ETA: Aldi had a Moses and stand for around Ā£25 recently and Amazon keep doing deals on next 2 me around Ā£100.
Bounty do good offers too.
I have both borrowed (so second hand essentially) but with new mattresses which were Ā£9 & Ā£22 respectively.

Last edited:
Hey.
I'm usually a lurker but I noticed your post and thought I'd answer as a similar thing happened to me too.

I found out I was pregnant about 2/3w after conception through mainly pains in my lower right side (endometriosis) and the GP suspected ectopic so was sent under hospital care for monitoring due to the endo.

Bloods done like you for weeks, hgc going up (good sign) and scanning every 4 days but nothing was showing on the ultrasound at all so they were quite worried.

Long story short, little bean showed in my 7th scan in 3 weeks in the womb at about 6w + 6 days, as small as half a grain of rice, consultant could see him but the sonographer couldn't, I'm now 37w!

It's a worrying & testing time so I feel for you, but hopefully with hgc rising they'll pick bean up soon!
aw thank you for relying. Iā€™m really grateful!
Thatā€™s so amazing to hear. Iā€™m really hoping my little pea is there. Iā€™ve heard some really positive things so Iā€™m trying to hold onto that right now.
hopefully my bloods tomorrow are where they should be and theyā€™ve just not found it yet x

• Heart
Anyone else get times where your stomach just feels solid? Iā€™ve got a small bump, Iā€™m 19 weeks tomorrow but today Iā€™ve felt so tight and uncomfortable. Almost heavy? I know itā€™s all normal with baby growing but it just makes me want to sit on the sofa and do nothing!

Sidenote, if anyoneā€™s looking for sports bras Iā€™d really recommend the primark ones! Theyā€™re Ā£10 for a pack of 3 in black white and grey and theyā€™re sooo comfy. I canā€™t remember the last time I wore a proper bra anyway but my thin little cotton triangle ones were getting a bit too small so I had to get something else!

• Sad
Reactions: 7
I have always used a moses basket.. I got one of the things where the side comes down... Aaand I went back to a moses basket within the first week šŸ˜‚
I also personally didn't like not having the side on it, especially because of the way I sleep with my quilt bunched up at the side of me. So it wasn't much different to something with sides anyway as I was too worried about my quilt going into her crib part

I do second that they grown out of them quickly though.
We put the big cot in our room at 4 months with my second and put her in there as she was too big for the Moses basket

Last edited:
aw thank you for relying. Iā€™m really grateful!
Thatā€™s so amazing to hear. Iā€™m really hoping my little pea is there. Iā€™ve heard some really positive things so Iā€™m trying to hold onto that right now.
hopefully my bloods tomorrow are where they should be and theyā€™ve just not found it yet x
They're literally looking for to quote the consultant at that point 'a very small needle in a very large haystack' and it can change by the day whether they see something or not! I think my bloods were in the 2000's when they saw something so they weren't extremely high either.

I wish you the best of luck, try to relax if you can. Keep us posted. X

I had mine yesterday and I honesty donā€™t understand what it was for, I was in for less than 5 minutes and the questions I asked she said it was to early to discuss and I was a bit thrown by the shortness of it all I forgot to talk about the headaches I have had. I had a scan last week because of bleeding and I got the impression she felt I didnā€™t need a proper appointment because I had a extra scan.
I went for mine last week (at 19.5weeks by the time I got in for it!) and it was exactly the same! Was in and out in no time, she took my blood pressure but to be honest it could have been a phone call. It was so quick I didnā€™t really get to ask anything Iā€™d been thinking of. Except we talked about the whooping cough vaccine and I asked about the COVID one so she googled it and then said ā€œoh weā€™re advising that itā€™s safe nowā€ šŸ˜’ I said I know thatā€™s why I asked!

• Heart
  • Wow
Anyone got any tips for sciatica pain? Lower back and bum are very painful these days.

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.