Pregnancy #9 we love carbs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Looking for some moral support 😪 I posted a couple of days ago that I had been having a lot of period like cramps and some backache and wondered is labour was impending (almost at due date now!). Since Thursday evening I've had a consistent tightening across my middle and top of my bump which I've not experienced this pregnancy as of yet! The only thing is, it's still happening.. there's no build up it's just consistent but it feels like I constantly need the toilet (sorry if TMI!) and nothing is easing the pains. Last night I barely slept and was throwing up for a long time. Did anyone else experience this at all? I spoke to my mum this morning who has said I should call the hospital but I'm so worried it's all just a false alarm and I don't want to waste their time X

Reactions: 1
I’m having an anxious time at the moment, just looking to see that I’m not the only one!
I’m 13+4, 12 week scan last week was perfect and I have absolutely no reason to worry- yet I am worrying 🤣 Constantly wondering it baby is still okay.
I have had a previous missed miscarriage so this contributes massively to these feelings, I wish I’d never heard of it! Please tell me I’m not the only one!!
had a miscarriage a few years ago, had a healthy daughter since and now 18+2 with this one and still constantly worried. You’re definitely not alone. ❤Excited but mostly terrified for the next scan which is next week.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Looking for some moral support 😪 I posted a couple of days ago that I had been having a lot of period like cramps and some backache and wondered is labour was impending (almost at due date now!). Since Thursday evening I've had a consistent tightening across my middle and top of my bump which I've not experienced this pregnancy as of yet! The only thing is, it's still happening.. there's no build up it's just consistent but it feels like I constantly need the toilet (sorry if TMI!) and nothing is easing the pains. Last night I barely slept and was throwing up for a long time. Did anyone else experience this at all? I spoke to my mum this morning who has said I should call the hospital but I'm so worried it's all just a false alarm and I don't want to waste their time X
Don’t ever worry about it being a false alarm. Each labour starts differently. I’m on baby 5 and I’ve not had the same experience twice, I’m 38 weeks today and been up since 4:30am feeling tightenings and constant pressure down below. My partner just said to me could this be the start and I said I’ve not got a clue. We will just see how the next few hours pan out. Don’t ever feel like a pain when you call up maternity, they’d rather you call five times a day than sit there worrying. Pick up the phone abs good luck xx

Reactions: 7
Sorry never done labour before so can’t advise on if the pains are normal but it might just be those fake contractions and your body gearing up for the big event. It might be a good idea to call your midwife or maternity triage and they might be able to reassure you a bit? Hope you’re ok this morning x

Reactions: 3
We use the infant car seat until they grow out of it (eldest was about 13months, no2 was 9 months and no3 was 18 months) and then move them to our Joie 360. We rarely would take the infant car seat out of the car though, we don’t use it to carry baby about, or go on a pram, it just stays in the car. The spin seats weren’t available when we had our eldest, but knowing how we use things now, I wouldn’t buy an infant car seat, I’d go straight for an “in car” one that does from newborn. Joie do fabulous car seats. We have the Joie Stages (I think it’s an old version now) and the 360 and they are excellent seats.

*ETA: worth noting the latest guidance on car seat safety says infants shouldn’t be in their seat longer than 30mins, so really shouldn’t be in the car, then in the car seat on a pram as unless it was a very quick trip that would most likely exceed the 30mins.
😱 where is the latest guidance that says 30 mins? I checked on the lullaby trust and it still says 2 hours 🤔
My inlaws have booked a stupid “holiday” up to Scotland for 2 nights when baby will be 4 months old. It’s 7 hours away, and that’s without breaks 😳 they don’t see the issue with it taking my husband and I about twice that amount of time with all the breaks in between. I’ve put my foot down and said we’re not going, it’s totally unreasonable and ridiculous. They booked it without even checking, I was totally pissed off! Might just throw in the 30 min rule 😂
(just want to say I have baby in his car seat as little as possible!)

• Wow
Reactions: 6
😱 where is the latest guidance that says 30 mins? I checked on the lullaby trust and it still says 2 hours 🤔
My inlaws have booked a stupid “holiday” up to Scotland for 2 nights when baby will be 4 months old. It’s 7 hours away, and that’s without breaks 😳 they don’t see the issue with it taking my husband and I about twice that amount of time with all the breaks in between. I’ve put my foot down and said we’re not going, it’s totally unreasonable and ridiculous. They booked it without even checking, I was totally pissed off! Might just throw in the 30 min rule 😂
I’d be fuming, tell them to piss off

Reactions: 3
My second baby's labour was like this. I remember I phoned triage and even said "I'm worried because I think I might just need a poo, but nothings happening when I go to the toilet!" 😂
When I got to the hospital I was 3cm dilated but as she was examining me, I had a contraction and I apparently dilated to 6cm with my contraction!
Definitely worth a call and the worst they can do is examine you and say it's not time yet, you won't be wasting anyone's time. X

Reactions: 7
My midwife was telling me two weeks ago about the 30 minute rule. She said it can be extended to 45mins if you can see baby (ie if they are in the car seat on the pram).

Your in laws have over stepped the Mark there, booking a holiday without asking is ridiculous.

Reactions: 5
If you Google "baby carseat 30 minutes" it will bring it up.
My midwife and health visitors have all said this is what they're now advising.
Or an hour if someone is sitting with them.
But that's only up to 6 weeks. After 6 weeks, they said 2 hours is the maximum with 15 minutes break between if you travel further.

Reactions: 2
What's the benefits of eating dates nearing the due date? Im forcing myself to eat them but they're vile

Never heard of eating dates coming up to due date. Certainly not something I’ve ever done!
I think there is an old wives tale suggesting that dates may lead to a quicker and easier labor.... midwives suggest you may just end up with diarrhoea 😂

Good for cleaning out the system though!

If you Google "baby carseat 30 minutes" it will bring it up.
My midwife and health visitors have all said this is what they're now advising.
Or an hour if someone is sitting with them.
But that's only up to 6 weeks. After 6 weeks, they said 2 hours is the maximum with 15 minutes break between if you travel further.
Ahhh I didn’t realise it was up to 6 weeks! That makes more sense 😊

My midwife was telling me two weeks ago about the 30 minute rule. She said it can be extended to 45mins if you can see baby (ie if they are in the car seat on the pram).

Your in laws have over stepped the Mark there, booking a holiday without asking is ridiculous.
They always overstep the mark unfortunately 🙄

What's the benefits of eating dates nearing the due date? Im forcing myself to eat them but they're vile
There's been a study that suggests eating 6 dates a day for the last 4 weeks decreases things like the first stage of labour and stuff

I’m having an anxious time at the moment, just looking to see that I’m not the only one!
I’m 13+4, 12 week scan last week was perfect and I have absolutely no reason to worry- yet I am worrying 🤣 Constantly wondering it baby is still okay.
I have had a previous missed miscarriage so this contributes massively to these feelings, I wish I’d never heard of it! Please tell me I’m not the only one!!
I've barely known I'm pregnant for 24 hours 🙈 , I had my 3rd Miscarriage in February , a d&c on April 1st and by some miracle have fallen the first try after the operation , my anxiety is currently through the the roof and everything is setting me off . I think I will go for a private scan in a few weeks , the thought of having going back to the epu is causing me so much worry .
I dont remember being this anxious when I had my son despite having had a miscarriage before him 😪

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Finally managed to get a hold of the midwife (since bleeping Monday....raging) turns out I'm just really anaemic 🤣 does anyone know what the tablets are called that don't upset your stomach as much? It was ferrous fumarate I was on pre pregnancy and they constipation was unreal....so I don't think I can deal with that being pregnant either 🙄

Finally managed to get a hold of the midwife (since bleeping Monday....raging) turns out I'm just really anaemic 🤣 does anyone know what the tablets are called that don't upset your stomach as much? It was ferrous fumarate I was on pre pregnancy and they constipation was unreal....so I don't think I can deal with that being pregnant either 🙄
if it’s iron you need, I’ve had the ‘gentle iron’ from Holland and barratt - I only got an upset tum when my iron balanced out and I was still taking it.

I've barely known I'm pregnant for 24 hours 🙈 , I had my 3rd Miscarriage in February , a d&c on April 1st and by some miracle have fallen the first try after the operation , my anxiety is currently through the the roof and everything is setting me off . I think I will go for a private scan in a few weeks , the thought of having going back to the epu is causing me so much worry .
I dont remember being this anxious when I had my son despite having had a miscarriage before him 😪
I get so anxious too... my doctor told me after 8 weeks only 3% chance of miscarriage & that has made me feel a little better despite my history. sending hugs x

• Heart
I get so anxious too... my doctor told me after 8 weeks only 3% chance of miscarriage & that has made me feel a little better despite my history. sending hugs x
Thank you for that , when you out it like that it's quite reassuring. My gp hasn't been all that great , however the epu and hospital were absolutely amazing.
It's so hard , sometimes it's all consuming . I'm trying to spend 10 minutes every day to calm myself

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Not sure how medically accurate but a friend sent me this which has helped my nerves a lot. Especially if you’re a statistics fan like myself

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.