Pregnancy #9 we love carbs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone got any tips for sciatica pain? Lower back and bum are very painful these days.
Have you tried a ice compression? My friends chiropractor swears by them you can get a ice belt you put in the freezer they are supposed to be good Amazon sell them xx

@Kitt the only thing which would ease mine was using an ice pack. Also being careful what you are sitting on, no hard surfaces/chairs, and how you are sitting (even weight distribution). But the only thing that got rid of mine both times it was very bad was when baby shifted from breech to head down position.

Reactions: 2
Hi all, just wondering if anyone is in an trust that uses MyPregnancyNotes online?
I had a booking in Appt at 7 weeks, midwife advised me to create an account, which I did. It then said no pregnancies linked to your account and asked me to register a pregnancy. This seemed to be all the information she’d asked me on the phone Appt so I left it and didn’t continue with the form as I thought I don’t want to duplicate anything she’s already done.
I then had a follow up Appt a few days later with another midwife (staffing issues in our area so I’ve not got the name of my actual midwife yet - been told I will be assigned one as I did with my first). I mentioned it to her and she said that was strange my notes were online and I should be able to see them through that account. But yet 3 weeks later it’s still on the same screen when I log in, asking me to create a new pregnancy. Am I being dim?! In my first we had a binder full of notes but the folder is a lot more streamlined now and they advise to log in online to see your notes.
thanks in advance ☺

Anyone else get times where your stomach just feels solid? I’ve got a small bump, I’m 19 weeks tomorrow but today I’ve felt so tight and uncomfortable. Almost heavy? I know it’s all normal with baby growing but it just makes me want to sit on the sofa and do nothing!

Sidenote, if anyone’s looking for sports bras I’d really recommend the primark ones! They’re £10 for a pack of 3 in black white and grey and they’re sooo comfy. I can’t remember the last time I wore a proper bra anyway but my thin little cotton triangle ones were getting a bit too small so I had to get something else!
I posted about this a few weeks ago I probably started to get this around 20 weeks as well I still get it from over exerting myself like walking too much or doing too much house work etc I think it’s braxton hicks does it feel like so tight you could bounce things off your tummy and like really tight round the sides xx

Hi all, just wondering if anyone is in an trust that uses MyPregnancyNotes online?
I had a booking in Appt at 7 weeks, midwife advised me to create an account, which I did. It then said no pregnancies linked to your account and asked me to register a pregnancy. This seemed to be all the information she’d asked me on the phone Appt so I left it and didn’t continue with the form as I thought I don’t want to duplicate anything she’s already done.
I then had a follow up Appt a few days later with another midwife (staffing issues in our area so I’ve not got the name of my actual midwife yet - been told I will be assigned one as I did with my first). I mentioned it to her and she said that was strange my notes were online and I should be able to see them through that account. But yet 3 weeks later it’s still on the same screen when I log in, asking me to create a new pregnancy. Am I being dim?! In my first we had a binder full of notes but the folder is a lot more streamlined now and they advise to log in online to see your notes.
thanks in advance ☺
I am on this system and all the info which I answered at my booking appointment got uploaded there however they take ages to update it and put the information in you aren’t being dim and I am not the biggest fan of any of the midwives I’ve seen as none of them have filled me with confidence. You should ring your midwife and ask they actually missed some of my blood test failures until I saw it on the online notes and pointed it out xx

Reactions: 1
thanks in advance ☺
Yeah mine has no useful info on it at all. I dunno if it’s just set up wrong but it has all the ‘approximate dates’ in it and none of my actual appointments which I thought was the whole point of it! 🤔 I need to ask the midwife about it actually. Almost thought the concept of it was too good to be true lol

Potentially stupid question regarding car seats for those of you with babies already (which I asked the lady in John Lewis but she couldn’t answer!): if you have one of the car seats which fixes into the car with a base thing - we’re looking at the joie 360 i - what do you take the baby out of the hospital in?! Is it acceptable to just carry it? Will they let you do that these days...?

Yeah mine has no useful info on it at all. I dunno if it’s just set up wrong but it has all the ‘approximate dates’ in it and none of my actual appointments which I thought was the whole point of it! 🤔 I need to ask the midwife about it actually. Almost thought the concept of it was too good to be true lol

Potentially stupid question regarding car seats for those of you with babies already (which I asked the lady in John Lewis but she couldn’t answer!): if you have one of the car seats which fixes into the car with a base thing - we’re looking at the joie 360 i - what do you take the baby out of the hospital in?! Is it acceptable to just carry it? Will they let you do that these days...?
We were discussing this the other day on the new baby thread. There is no reason why anyone should have to have an infant carry car seat, as long as you have one that’s what matters. I would double check with your midwife, but I should imagine leaving hospital in a sling/pram and if they need to see a car seat you can invite them out to the car. Someone over on that thread said their hospital sent people out to cars to check. The joie 360 is great, I love ours (we use ours for our toddler, but if we had our time again I’d get it and forgo the infant carry seat thingy)

Reactions: 4
So glad you asked this. I have been looking at the Joie 360 and wondered the same thing because it stays in the car and you always see the photo of the dad carrying the baby in the car seat leaving!

Reactions: 4
With car seats, so people tend to go for the little one up to six months and then switch up to a bigger or go for the one that works from birth to however long?

I’m pretty much sorted for everything else and know what I want but car seats are baffling me a bit.

Reactions: 1

In my hospital, they send someone out with you when you leave 😊

With car seats, so people tend to go for the little one up to six months and then switch up to a bigger or go for the one that works from birth to however long?

I’m pretty much sorted for everything else and know what I want but car seats are baffling me a bit.
I use a baby carrier thing until around 4 months. She was way too big and heavy by 6 months. No chance 😂 and then moved into the joie 360.

But that's just personal preference. And because I didn't buy my joie 360 until she was already 3/4 months.

we used the infant car seat until my son was about 14 months and he wanted to be able to see more. His height was fine for ages though.

For us, being able to take the car seat in and out (ESP when asleep) was a godsend. You can still leave an infant car seat in the car, I used to unclip the isofix, and swivel towards me so it was facing me as I got him out. My preference is a seat that swivels as it saves your back! Depends on your lifestyle though, if you don’t use the car a huge amount a fixed seat might do you fine!
We now have the 360 which should last another year until he’s 4/5 as he’s quite dinky.

We were discussing this the other day on the new baby thread. There is no reason why anyone should have to have an infant carry car seat, as long as you have one that’s what matters. I would double check with your midwife, but I should imagine leaving hospital in a sling/pram and if they need to see a car seat you can invite them out to the car. Someone over on that thread said their hospital sent people out to cars to check. The joie 360 is great, I love ours (we use ours for our toddler, but if we had our time again I’d get it and forgo the infant carry seat thingy)
Ah cool! Should probs start reading the new baby one too in that case...! Yeah we only have one car and don’t use it loads so seems like a waste to buy an infant one which won’t get used much. And they’re SO expensive! My husband and I were discussing how when we were kids we had those cheap tit polystyrene booster seats lol - things have moved on a bit in 30 years...

Reactions: 5

We use the infant car seat until they grow out of it (eldest was about 13months, no2 was 9 months and no3 was 18 months) and then move them to our Joie 360. We rarely would take the infant car seat out of the car though, we don’t use it to carry baby about, or go on a pram, it just stays in the car. The spin seats weren’t available when we had our eldest, but knowing how we use things now, I wouldn’t buy an infant car seat, I’d go straight for an “in car” one that does from newborn. Joie do fabulous car seats. We have the Joie Stages (I think it’s an old version now) and the 360 and they are excellent seats.

*ETA: worth noting the latest guidance on car seat safety says infants shouldn’t be in their seat longer than 30mins, so really shouldn’t be in the car, then in the car seat on a pram as unless it was a very quick trip that would most likely exceed the 30mins.

Thanks for the tips on the next to me cribs, it does make sense to have one especially as we wouldn’t have space in our room for a full size cot (without having to pole vault over it to get in and out anyway). I’m just unsure what to get for baby to sleep in in the lounge or wherever. Maybe I’ll just have to move a next to me in and out. So much to think about 🤯
For car seats I think I’ll definitely be looking at the cloud z cybex- my friend has it and loves it. Everyone I know says you should aim for a seat that rotates which it does, it clips in and out which I think is handy for us plus it reclines when out of the car so you can keep them in it if they’re finishing a nap or you need to be a bit longer than 30 mins in the shops.

Reactions: 6
Thanks for the tips on the next to me cribs, it does make sense to have one especially as we wouldn’t have space in our room for a full size cot (without having to pole vault over it to get in and out anyway). I’m just unsure what to get for baby to sleep in in the lounge or wherever. Maybe I’ll just have to move a next to me in and out. So much to think about.
Do you have a pram that you will keep indoors?
Mine sleeps in that for naps 😊

When we wemt to john lewis to look at prams, the lady recommended the maxi cosi car seta. I think it had just come out and swivels to thebside also. It also fits in to most of the chassis for the travel systems.

If anyone is on the look out for a baby mirror- i picked one up in aldi the other day and it looks fab. They also had really cute muslins (5 for £5.99) and hooded bath towels.

Im off to look at prams and baby bits today with my partners mum. Exciting 😁 his folks have offered to buy our pram which is hugely generous. Im not sure if they know how expensive the are now. Im looking at bugaboo and mamas and papas at the moment. I was thinking of doing store research and then trying to buy on ebay. Is there a way to say this to her without offending?

Ive started having a browse on ebay and found a gorgeous multicoloured mamas and papas blanket my friend has and ive been lusting after. I won the bid. 😊 Woop. Baby now has a blanket.
Ive only just started shopping after my friend encouraged me to get the above Aldi bits and now i just want to keep buying haha. I made a list of things baby and i will need to cross off over the next few months.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
When we wemt to john lewis to look at prams, the lady recommended the maxi cosi car seta. I think it had just come out and swivels to thebside also. It also fits in to most of the chassis for the travel systems.

If anyone is on the look out for a baby mirror- i picked one up in aldi the other day and it looks fab. They also had really cute muslins (5 for £5.99) and hooded bath towels.

Im off to look at prams and baby bits today with my partners mum. Exciting 😁 his folks have offered to buy our pram which is hugely generous. Im not sure if they know how expensive the are now. Im looking at bugaboo and mamas and papas at the moment. I was thinking of doing store research and then trying to buy on ebay. Is there a way to say this to her without offending?

Ive started having a browse on ebay and found a gorgeous multicoloured mamas and papas blanket my friend has and ive been lusting after. I won the bid. 😊 Woop. Baby now has a blanket.
Ive only just started shopping after my friend encouraged me to get the above Aldi bits and now i just want to keep buying haha. I made a list of things baby and i will need to cross off over the next few months.
We've gone for a bugaboo donkey & managed to find a boutique by us that sells second hand prams. Ours actually looks brand new the lady said because of lockdown they're getting in so many prams that have barely been used. Do you have anything like that near you? Could be a worth looking in? X

Reactions: 3
I’m having an anxious time at the moment, just looking to see that I’m not the only one!
I’m 13+4, 12 week scan last week was perfect and I have absolutely no reason to worry- yet I am worrying 🤣 Constantly wondering it baby is still okay.
I have had a previous missed miscarriage so this contributes massively to these feelings, I wish I’d never heard of it! Please tell me I’m not the only one!!

• Heart
I’m having an anxious time at the moment, just looking to see that I’m not the only one!
I’m 13+4, 12 week scan last week was perfect and I have absolutely no reason to worry- yet I am worrying 🤣 Constantly wondering it baby is still okay.
I have had a previous missed miscarriage so this contributes massively to these feelings, I wish I’d never heard of it! Please tell me I’m not the only one!!
I’m
23 weeks + 1 and I still worry all
the time took us a long time to conceive and was an actual shock. It’s normal to worry. I worry when she doesn’t move when I walk around, I worry, when my stomach gets tight from doing too much. I worry about her in there all the time don’t beat yourself up my mum still worries about me now for no reason she says that is what it can be like sometimes being a mum x

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.