Pregnancy #9 we love carbs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Saw every single hour last night, didn't realise pregnancy insomnia was so bad in third trimester, I need a LARGE coffee

• Sad
Reactions: 8
What are everyone’s opinions on announcing births/pregnancies on social media? I personally don’t do it, I tell my my friends/work pals/family on our WhatsApp groups but wouldn’t announce it publicly on my page.

My dad gets so annoyed at me like I’m being purposely secretive about it and like I only want certain people to know, but the honest reason is I hate having to like and say thank you to all of the comments on a post like that it just takes so much time and the whole thing just makes me cringe. I feel like if I’ve told the people I actually know in person and see regularly who else even cares? I just don’t see the point in it!
I think it’s each to their own. I don’t post much on social media at all, my last Instagram post was in 2019, similar on Facebook, and I wouldn’t post about being pregnant. However I did post just a picture and a short message when our new baby arrived. I don’t have many Facebook or Instagram friends, genuinely only people I am happy to have on there and see my kids so that was ok for me. It was a week or so after he arrived so of course family and best friends already knew.

My sister didn’t post anything when her son was born, but for some reason my uncle who we don’t even know that well posted them picture my mum had sent the family on his facebook! So random and we were all raging. He took it straight down when asked, but how weird is that?!

Reactions: 6
Saw every single hour last night, didn't realise pregnancy insomnia was so bad in third trimester, I need a LARGE coffee
I feel this! I’m not even big enough to be particularly uncomfortable, I just can’t sleep and it’s driving me insane!! Doesn’t help that the medication I was on for my morning sickness was essentially a sedative so my body got a bit used to having help with sleep 🙄 I came off them as soon as possible (would rather have the 24/7 sickness) but I’ve had problems sleeping since 😭

Reactions: 1
I think it’s each to their own. I don’t post much on social media at all, my last Instagram post was in 2019, similar on Facebook, and I wouldn’t post about being pregnant. However I did post just a picture and a short message when our new baby arrived. I don’t have many Facebook or Instagram friends, genuinely only people I am happy to have on there and see my kids so that was ok for me. It was a week or so after he arrived so of course family and best friends already knew.

My sister didn’t post anything when her son was born, but for some reason my uncle who we don’t even know that well posted them picture my mum had sent the family on his facebook! So random and we were all raging. He took it straight down when asked, but how weird is that?!
I have never posted my kids on Instagram yet many times I've had to tell my sister to get her best friend to take photos down of my daughter!
I just don't get why you'd post photos of other people's kids when they haven't themselves.

• Wow
Omg I have been wondering where you all disappeared to and there’s a whole new thread with 12 pages 🙈🙈
Has anyone else had a family member let slip that your pregnant to loads of other family members when you weren’t planning on telling them yet? This has happened to us and I’m so annoyed about it 🤯

Also I’m 10 weeks now with my second baby and I honestly think I have a small bump?! Or am I just fat.. 😂
I am 10 weeks with my 2nd too and I don't think I have a bump but my stomach feels more rounded....esp at the end of the day.

What are everyone’s opinions on announcing births/pregnancies on social media? I personally don’t do it, I tell my my friends/work pals/family on our WhatsApp groups but wouldn’t announce it publicly on my page.

My dad gets so annoyed at me like I’m being purposely secretive about it and like I only want certain people to know, but the honest reason is I hate having to like and say thank you to all of the comments on a post like that it just takes so much time and the whole thing just makes me cringe. I feel like if I’ve told the people I actually know in person and see regularly who else even cares? I just don’t see the point in it!
I got bullied into it by my mother in law last time, but i won't be this time. I just dont lkke all the attention!

Reactions: 2
Social media has been a weird one because there are loads of people I’d have liked to tell in person but haven’t seen for well over a year! We didn’t do an announcement but I did put a couple of pics on Instagram which I’m obviously pregnant so if anyone’s desperate to know they can work it out 😉 I don’t really use Facebook and (each to their own) will not be sharing loads of baby pics online. Maybe the odd one or two.

one of my friends shared baby pics on her Instagram stories but limits it to ‘close friends’ which is actually quite a nice idea as most of her friends won’t meet her baby for a good while!

I announced it on socials. Mainly because the majority of my mums family (she passed away a long time ago) have me on there but I don't have their numbers, I don't actually get on with them but they will still speak to my dad, so I put it online so that they couldn't ever make my dad feel bad for not knowing and cause friction (they are notorious for this 🙄) so I just did it for that reason. I don't post bump pictures or anything to social media though. I think it's an entirely personal thing. Some people are so excited and they want the world to know which I understand too.
I'll probably put it on again when I have the baby just to keep the peace. Families eh

Oh and not one of my mums side of the family have messaged to see how I was doing or anything 🤣

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 4

I shared both my pregnancies on facebook. The 2nd one I wasn't going to, but it was the end of 2020 i was posting something anyway so just added it in. Gossip and rumours are so bad where I live, joys of living in a rural town, so thought I'd rather put it out there myself instead of other people speculating! Totally get why people don't want to share it though!

After saying my sickness was easing off this morning it’s come back with a vengeance. Which was particularly fun on the tube to work this morning 😫. My colleagues will either suspect I’m pregnant now or they will think I have an awful hangover as I had hula hoops and a lucazade for breakfast ...

• Haha
Reactions: 9
So after feeling sick as a dog all week, I've woken up today absolutely STARVING. Smashed a McDonalds breakfast at 9.30 and I'm already thinking about lunch 😂 I am a little worried about symptoms ending so abruptly but also relieved to have some respite!

Re: social media. I'm still debating whether I post anything. I had a miscarriage a few years ago, and since then I've found pregnancy announcements quite hard to see, but I've also been sick with jealousy at the same time. Part of me is desperate to finally be able to post my own, but I'm also wary of other women in my networks who could be struggling and might find it upsetting, like I did.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
After saying my sickness was easing off this morning it’s come back with a vengeance. Which was particularly fun on the tube to work this morning 😫. My colleagues will either suspect I’m pregnant now or they will think I have an awful hangover as I had hula hoops and a lucazade for breakfast ...
I'm the same I did well yesterday but was throwing up again this morning 😱😱

• Sad
Have any of you guys had plantar fasciitis during pregnancy? The soles of my feet are so painful! 😢
Yes! I had this anyway and got worse when I was pregnant! I got these proper insoles but they wouldn't fit in my shoes they were huge, I also got wee inserts to put in at the arch of your foot which helped. Wearing structured shoes helped too like trainers or flats that had a solid base and not flimsy

Hi ladies, I'm looking for a bit of advice. I'm back working in the office which is a secure building so no windows open. I am really triggered by smells and any whiff of food I don't like the smell of makes me gag and often leads to me being sick. So far after 2 weeks of being back I have only managed one entire shift without being sent home.

I've tried to get through to the doctor's but haven't had any luck, I also don't have an assigned midwife as of yet - hoping that'll happen at my 24 week appointment next Friday. I just feel a bit hopeless, I can control the sickness at home as I know what I can and can't smell without being sick but at work it's a whole different board game. Wondered if anyone else had suffered from similar and if there were any words of advice!

I'm constantly sucking on mints in the hope the smell and taste overrides the nasty smells, but honestly even before pregnancy my sense of smell was insane, and it's only heightened recently obvious. I'm having the worst time and ideally I just want to work from home again, but this hasn't been mentioned. Also there's another girl who's pregnant on my team and she is glowing, she's about 9 weeks behind me and has no symptoms what so ever, so I feel like people are looking at me thinking I'm being dramatic. 🤦🏼‍♀️

Rant over! 🤭

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Hi ladies, I'm looking for a bit of advice. I'm back working in the office which is a secure building so no windows open. I am really triggered by smells and any whiff of food I don't like the smell of makes me gag and often leads to me being sick. So far after 2 weeks of being back I have only managed one entire shift without being sent home.

I've tried to get through to the doctor's but haven't had any luck, I also don't have an assigned midwife as of yet - hoping that'll happen at my 24 week appointment next Friday. I just feel a bit hopeless, I can control the sickness at home as I know what I can and can't smell without being sick but at work it's a whole different board game. Wondered if anyone else had suffered from similar and if there were any words of advice!

I'm constantly sucking on mints in the hope the smell and taste overrides the nasty smells, but honestly even before pregnancy my sense of smell was insane, and it's only heightened recently obvious. I'm having the worst time and ideally I just want to work from home again, but this hasn't been mentioned. Also there's another girl who's pregnant on my team and she is glowing, she's about 9 weeks behind me and has no symptoms what so ever, so I feel like people are looking at me thinking I'm being dramatic. 🤦🏼‍♀️

Rant over! 🤭
Could you ask to work from home? Surely they would get more out you if you could since you've not managed a full shift without actually being sent home, you would think it would also benefit them!

I would keep on at your Dr for some anti sickness meds, they might help but they also might not

Rant over! 🤭
Are you able to ask to work from home as the sickness is too much at the moment? They need to make reasonable adjustments for you and if you’ve only managed 1 full shift it sounds like it would be in their best interests too!
If not, it might be worth speaking to your GP about medication that may control it, although I personally found all the tablets I tried made me so sleepy I couldn’t work (or do much!) if I took them - they might work better for you though?

It’s completely your choice if you announce it on social media or not. It’s your news and if you’ve told the people you care about that’s the main thing. I’ve come off social media a few months ago, I thought most people on there do not need to know that I’m pregnant and I don’t need the few likes off people I haven’t seen in years.
I actually quite like just the people I’m close to knowing I’m pregnant, the other people probably won’t really care.

Reactions: 4
I didn't do a proper announcement, I don't usually post much but in one of my rare Insta stories you could see my bump so it was kind of a casual 'announcement' I suppose. Everyone I cared about knowing already knew and then I got some congrats from old friends and colleagues which was nice. It's whatever you feel comfortable with really!

Reactions: 3
Yes! I had this anyway and got worse when I was pregnant! I got these proper insoles but they wouldn't fit in my shoes they were huge, I also got wee inserts to put in at the arch of your foot which helped. Wearing structured shoes helped too like trainers or flats that had a solid base and not flimsy
Ah it’s so annoying isn’t it! And yess I’ve had some insoles before but they were the same and completely destroyed all my shoes! Bought some super cushioned running trainers but they haven’t really helped. Not sure if this is just one of those ‘put up with it’ things or whether there’s actually anything which can be done :(

I will post her when she arrives I have a private Instagram account and no Facebook I might post one of me after pregnant so I have an actual post of it but I haven’t done an announcement I’ve told people when I speak but I don’t feel right posting on Instagram yet x
Ps I’ve bought some crocs 🤣 welcome to the mum club they are platform ones but still never thought I’d go there x

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.