Pregnancy #9 we love carbs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@PineappleTopper hope you’re ok. I know how you feel, my house looks like a bombs hit it with boxes/deliveries everywhere and everything halfway decorated. Makes it so much harder to relax doesn’t it 😩 take it as easy as you can x

Reactions: 5
Having such a crappy day today. Had a growth scan 10 days ago after reduced movements and they said she was measuring too big so had to be tested for gestational diabetes (which thankfully came back ok), had my 31 week appointment today and midwife measured my bump and said I’m measuring too small and she’s concerned so I’ll be referred for another scan 🤔

I’m trying to take it all with a pinch of salt because so many people have told me how inaccurate measurements can be (scans and measuring with a tape measure) but as a first time mum it’s not really helping my anxiety 😭

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
Having such a crappy day today. Had a growth scan 10 days ago after reduced movements and they said she was measuring too big so had to be tested for gestational diabetes (which thankfully came back ok), had my 31 week appointment today and midwife measured my bump and said I’m measuring too small and she’s concerned so I’ll be referred for another scan 🤔

I’m trying to take it all with a pinch of salt because so many people have told me how inaccurate measurements can be (scans and measuring with a tape measure) but as a first time mum it’s not really helping my anxiety 😭
It’s hard to stay level headed but the positive is that they’re monitoring and just keeping an eye on baby. Better to have too many checks then not enough but it’s ok to feel worried and concerned. I had a growth scan at 38w with my son and I was so scared even though I knew he would be fine either way. Let yourself feel what you feel, have a nice evening of some self care and try some deep breathing to help your anxiety xx

• Heart
Reactions: 4
It’s hard to stay level headed but the positive is that they’re monitoring and just keeping an eye on baby. Better to have too many checks then not enough but it’s ok to feel worried and concerned. I had a growth scan at 38w with my son and I was so scared even though I knew he would be fine either way. Let yourself feel what you feel, have a nice evening of some self care and try some deep breathing to help your anxiety xx
This is so true. Thank you ❤ xx

• Heart
Reactions: 3

this exact thing happened to me with my latest pregnancy. I was measuring big at 34 weeks and had a GD test (negative) and then at my 38 week midwife appointment I measured "so small" I had to have a growth scan. At which the doctor ACTUALLY LAUGHED and said my baby was anything but small. And he was right, the bruiser was 9lbs.

Scans are more accurate, in my opinion, than fundal height measurements. I’m not convinced by either - this was the first time out of four babies I’ve ever had a doctor measure me coreectly at a scan and not massively ott. So try not to worry. Your baby will be perfect!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
My friend was told her baby was on 96th centile and she was bragging to me about having a c section blah blah then she had her scan her baby was on 29th centile so I think the way they measure is inaccurate x

Reactions: 2
I don’t get how we don’t have the same due date 🤷🏽‍♀️ I am also 24 weeks today I think x
Maybe our cycle dates!? I think I was dated incorrectly at 12 week scan...my partner and I just refused to let her change it as we can’t remember getting jiggy before the date we made her... sonographer shouldn’t have let us dictate really 🙊 she keeps coming up as 1-2 weeks bigger so honestly god knows when she’ll come!?!

I went to primark and told myself I would only buy stuff for my hospital bag...
Primark is a bad bad place 😂😂

However I am 31 weeks tomorrow and have everything for my hospital bag now apart from snacks and toiletries🙌

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 14

I had the same thing and feel for you, it’s such an added anxiety on top of everything else to worry about! I do find it reassuring though how quick they are to respond and check!

If it makes you feel better, after my second scan it turned out the first tape measurement had been way out because on the scans the baby was growing perfectly, was just inaccurate measurements!

• Heart
Maybe our cycle dates!? I think I was dated incorrectly at 12 week scan...my partner and I just refused to let her change it as we can’t remember getting jiggy before the date we made her... sonographer shouldn’t have let us dictate really 🙊 she keeps coming up as 1-2 weeks bigger so honestly god knows when she’ll come!?!
This is weird at my 20 week scan she was measuring 20 + 5 but they didn’t change the date and I was 19 + 6 when I had that scan no dates make sense they might as well say it’s a gestimate just out of curiosity when was your last period sorry this tmi I am just genuinely interested mine was 12/11/2020 but I do have pcos abs very odd cycles I don’t think I ovulate a lot either x ps the word jiggy made me laugh haha 😆

28 weeks and just picked up my repeat prescription for Cyclizine- used to really get me down having nausea this far into the pregnancy but now I’ve just accepted that I’ll be on it until I have the baby.

• Heart
  • Sad
28 weeks and just picked up my repeat prescription for Cyclizine- used to really get me down having nausea this far into the pregnancy but now I’ve just accepted that I’ll be on it until I have the baby.
Nearly 22 weeks here and the same. Sending solidarity hugs. Xx

• Heart
Sorry I cant think straight at the moment but is there a thread on here for trying to get pregnant/ fertility issues? Sorry if inappropriate but I just need some advice and I can’t think straight at the moment I’m sorry
Yes there’s a TTC thread
Hope they can help x

i decided at 37 weeks not to renew my prescription as it was "only a few weeks" and I’d be fine.

Please be smarter than I was and keep renewing yours. I was miserable those last two weeks.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
i decided at 37 weeks not to renew my prescription as it was "only a few weeks" and I’d be fine.

Please be smarter than I was and keep renewing yours. I was miserable those last two weeks.
Thank you. Don’t worry I won’t. I made the mistake of running out a couple of weeks ago and had to go a weekend without it- never again

Reactions: 1
@PineappleTopper hope you’re alright and have eaten some chocolate and had a cry? If not maybe eat some chocolate and have a cry?
Aw thanks @Kitt. All my tit got sorted today. I took a long (1 hr) lunch at work , had a nice dinner with my partner, ate some ice cream and feel much better 😊

Ive eaten so much today. Boredom eating through work is a real thing!

Baby feels heavy today. Feel like im getting pelvic pain, hip ache and very restless legs. Funsies 😊

Nearly 22 weeks here and the same. Sending solidarity hugs. Xx
Sending a hug back. It’s rubbish isn’t it. Haven’t managed a proper meal in a few days but have been eating lots of plain pombear crisps- at least I no longer worry about not being to eat properly. Just whatever it takes to get through xx

Thank you. Don’t worry I won’t. I made the mistake of running out a couple of weeks ago and had to go a weekend without it- never again
I dunno why I thought I’d be ok, and then every day I thought "no point in getting it now, it’ll take a few days to get it and then it’s only 8 days left" etc. Idiot 🤦🏻‍♀️

Aw thanks @Kitt. All my tit got sorted today. I took a long (1 hr) lunch at work , had a nice dinner with my partner, ate some ice cream and feel much better 😊

Ive eaten so much today. Boredom eating through work is a real thing!

Baby feels heavy today. Feel like im getting pelvic pain, hip ache and very restless legs. Funsies 😊
Ah glad to hear you’re feeling better. It’s the weekend so no need to think about work and just relax and rest :)

My bumps definitely getting bigger and heavier but I’m feeling it in my lower back / bum.

This is weird at my 20 week scan she was measuring 20 + 5 but they didn’t change the date and I was 19 + 6 when I had that scan no dates make sense they might as well say it’s a gestimate just out of curiosity when was your last period sorry this tmi I am just genuinely interested mine was 12/11/2020 but I do have pcos abs very odd cycles I don’t think I ovulate a lot either x ps the word jiggy made me laugh haha 😆
Oh no I’m very open in real life ask away 😅
Oh i knew they wouldn’t change it at the 20 week scan, they’ll only go from the 12 scan date... last period was 27th Nov, she was made on 6th Dec.

but on the pregnancy app if I go by period date my due date is 3rd sept BUT if I put in conception date it changes my due date to 29th Aug 🤯🤯🤯
At 12 week scan she said ‘they come when they’re ready anyway’ 🤷🏼‍♀️😂🤦🏻‍♀️

Such fun!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.