Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Kitt

VIP Member
thank you so much!
wondering if it could be from iron in prenatal - I'm very sensitive to supplements,
I didn’t like my supplements either so I just took a separate folic acid and a separate vitamin d tablet. That’s all you really need. Maybe look into getting those? Just double check required daily amounts :)

PineappleTopper

Chatty Member
My friend has just given birth to a gorgeous little girl. She had the NT test- it came back as high risk. She then went for the CVS test (I think that’s what it’s called) and it came back all fine. However, when she gave birth the other week, they discovered she has in fact has Down syndrome and it was missed. Obv she’s angry and confused- just navigating her way around her feelings.
Ever since then Iv been overly worrying about my baby- due in a few weeks. I didn’t realise that things like this could be missed.
Naive I know!
I had the NT test and it came back low risk, but thinking about it now, if I had declined it I think I would be worrying even more.
I’m sure whatever you decide to do will be right for you.
But I think all women should defo have the option to have the test xxxxxx
Thats really upsetting that her test results came back with two different answers. Poor her 😕

WhatABore

VIP Member
So sorry to hop on the back of this, but can anyone tell me what the perks are to one above a Moses basket? I get easier access but presumably you need to sit up or get up to feed and change anyway? We live in a flat so I assumed I’d need a Moses basket in the lounge for the daytime but then having a co-sleeper crib at night seems a bit unnecessary (and the co-sleeper is a bit bulky to move from bedroom to lounge and back every day). Will I regret just having a Moses basket at night?
I have always used a moses basket.. I got one of the things where the side comes down... Aaand I went back to a moses basket within the first week 😂
I also personally didn't like not having the side on it, especially because of the way I sleep with my quilt bunched up at the side of me. So it wasn't much different to something with sides anyway as I was too worried about my quilt going into her crib part

I do second that they grown out of them quickly though.
We put the big cot in our room at 4 months with my second and put her in there as she was too big for the Moses basket

Last edited:

louichi

That makes sense - I won’t even be contacted by my midwife until 10 weeks and then I don’t know how long I’ll have to wait for a scan date from there.
It’s all so nerve wracking isn’t it?!
I’m on the Peanut app and I keep seeing women posting all these lovely scan photos from 6 weeks + where they’ve seen everything just fine, and I think I just assumed itd be the same for me and now that little voice in the back of my head is saying otherwise.
Oh really! Where about are you? I was assigned a midfwife as soon as I referred myself to the team. They see me at 10 weeks to check blood pressure etc. Isn't it made how different areas operate.

I might take a look at Peanut I do keep seeing it. I've Googled so many 6 week scan photos but they are so inconsistent I think I'd rather wait (and stress the whole time haha)

Easilyannoyed

VIP Member
I don't feel as nauseous today and that's making me freak out 😱😱😱
Don’t worry it comes and goes how many weeks are you now? I was sick for the first time yesterday in weeks probably since 15 weeks and I am 23+ 6. The sickness is horrible but I know what you mean it kind of disappears and you think aaaaah

calmyourritas

VIP Member
anyone want to give experience/thought process on getting an early private scan at 7 weeks vs waiting? would love to hear opinions on why you did/didnt?
I had one at 7 weeks and really glad I did. It made it feel more “real” and my boyfriend said the same too. Baby itself was just a blob but we saw the heartbeat flickering away. Felt like such a long wait until 12 weeks but I understand why people do!

Upintheair83

VIP Member
I've come to hate driving, getting in my car gives me major anxiety. As for my partner driving if I have to tell him to watch his speed over a bump or round a corner one more time I'll have to hurt him! You're not alone!
I’m so glad it’s not just me! 🤣🤣🤣🙈🙈I just have the fear about it at the moment!! Like a crazy lady as soon as I get in the car! Xx

VeryCherry

You should have a 25 week appointment and then one every 2/3 weeks until you give birth! I would definitely ring them and get booked in. This might help :)
Oooooh okay, thank you. Will definitely give them a call tomorrow :)

imaginedragon83

VIP Member
I’m 14 weeks on Friday. They’ve just updated the recommendations to include pregnant women but that doesn’t seem to have trickled through to the people on the booking lines and my GP surgery said they’d check and call me back a week ago! My consultant and I discussed it and she referred me to the covid booking team in the hospital, they called me yesterday and I had it today. I’ve done a lot of reading and it was the decision I felt comfortable with but it’s such a personal decision and funnily enough some relatives who are very very pro vaccine have all of a sudden been all “ooh you’re having it when pregnant”. I feel better now that it’s done and just hoping I’m spared any rough side effects.

Grateful to whoever it was on here that recommended fruit pastille ice lollies the other day - SO satisfying! X
I feel so weird even giving it a second thought as it's not like me!! I have a few weeks left til I can get it anyway, thanks for replying,keep us updated on how you feel x

Nursty

VIP Member
Feel like I’m an advert for Sainsbury’s but they have some cute baby boy neutrals, navy, grey, yellow and green. Their muted safari print is lovely. Next & H&M last time I looked too. Lots of natural, autumnal colours
Ooh thank you, I'll have a look!

Chickenandgravy

VIP Member
Hi ladies, I'm looking for a bit of advice. I'm back working in the office which is a secure building so no windows open. I am really triggered by smells and any whiff of food I don't like the smell of makes me gag and often leads to me being sick. So far after 2 weeks of being back I have only managed one entire shift without being sent home.

I've tried to get through to the doctor's but haven't had any luck, I also don't have an assigned midwife as of yet - hoping that'll happen at my 24 week appointment next Friday. I just feel a bit hopeless, I can control the sickness at home as I know what I can and can't smell without being sick but at work it's a whole different board game. Wondered if anyone else had suffered from similar and if there were any words of advice!

I'm constantly sucking on mints in the hope the smell and taste overrides the nasty smells, but honestly even before pregnancy my sense of smell was insane, and it's only heightened recently obvious. I'm having the worst time and ideally I just want to work from home again, but this hasn't been mentioned. Also there's another girl who's pregnant on my team and she is glowing, she's about 9 weeks behind me and has no symptoms what so ever, so I feel like people are looking at me thinking I'm being dramatic. 🤦🏼‍♀️

Rant over! 🤭
Could you ask to work from home? Surely they would get more out you if you could since you've not managed a full shift without actually being sent home, you would think it would also benefit them!

I would keep on at your Dr for some anti sickness meds, they might help but they also might not

imaginedragon83

VIP Member
The birth centre looks good in my hospital and I really want to give birth there. If you’re low risk you’re automatically put down for birth centre birth. Only thing is it only has 4 rooms. Midwife told me they’ve got so many women due in August it’s crazy. My concern is that doesn’t sound like much space. In your experience have hospitals been rammed that you can’t get in or does it somehow just work out?
When I was pregnant with no1 I was told there was a babyboom and not to get my hopes up about a water birth but I did end up getting to labour in the birthing pool
I've been told the same thia time that they are inundated with new babies so I'll see how it goes

Darlingbaby

aw thank you for relying. I’m really grateful!
That’s so amazing to hear. I’m really hoping my little pea is there. I’ve heard some really positive things so I’m trying to hold onto that right now.
hopefully my bloods tomorrow are where they should be and they’ve just not found it yet x
They're literally looking for to quote the consultant at that point 'a very small needle in a very large haystack' and it can change by the day whether they see something or not! I think my bloods were in the 2000's when they saw something so they weren't extremely high either.

I wish you the best of luck, try to relax if you can. Keep us posted. X

SonicTheSpikeyThing

Chatty Member
I have low Papp-a too. I got a call after my 12 week blood test and initially had a panic so I know how you feel ❤. I know it’s really really hard but try not to google it - there are some NHS leaflets around on the internet which are a good source of info without sounding too scary.

Have you been prescribed aspirin?
Sorry to hear you have it too. It’s such a scary thing to be told over the phone isn’t it with pretty much no more information and google is scary. Thanks for suggesting the nhs leaflets, I’ve read a few from a few different trusts and they’re worded a lot less scary than the articles I read. I’ve had a good old cry about it and I’m okay for now. It’s reassuring to hear how most babies are born a healthy weight with no complications. How many weeks are you now? What does the aspirin do? I’ve not been prescribed anything yet but I do have a consultant calling (no time given, just that they’ll call) so I’m going to chat to them about it and try and get my head around it all. I’m guessing my dreams of a home birth are probably shattered now which made me a bit sad too. But as long as baby gets here safe I’ll do whatever.

Sorry to hear you have it too. It’s such a scary thing to be told over the phone isn’t it with pretty much no more information and google is scary. Thanks for suggesting the nhs leaflets, I’ve read a few from a few different trusts and they’re worded a lot less scary than the articles I read. I’ve had a good old cry about it and I’m okay for now. It’s reassuring to hear how most babies are born a healthy weight with no complications. How many weeks are you now? What does the aspirin do? I’ve not been prescribed anything yet but I do have a consultant calling (no time given, just that they’ll call) so I’m going to chat to them about it and try and get my head around it all. I’m guessing my dreams of a home birth are probably shattered now which made me a bit sad too. But as long as baby gets here safe I’ll do whatever.
Yes it really is! I can imagine it is for anything like this but I’d literally never heard of it or even knew it could be a problem. Just something else to worry about! What was reassuring for me was that my midwife said some trusts apparently don’t even test for it and even then testing is quite a new thing - so quite often it’s probably never identified and is never an issue. That’s good that you have a consultant involved - my notes say I’m consultant led so I think I do too although I haven’t spoken with them yet - was all handled via midwife. I’m 24 weeks tomorrow so have the first of my growth scans in a couple of weeks 🤞🏼Really hope you can still have the birth you would like to - I would hope that if baby is growing ok and everything looks fine you’d still be allowed to...?

Re the aspirin, it’s supposed to improve placental function or something - not totally sure. It’s definitely not a huge inconvenience tbh!

Mathilderose99

anyone want to give experience/thought process on getting an early private scan at 7 weeks vs waiting? would love to hear opinions on why you did/didnt?

Pandapops82

I know when I had my son many moons ago, I was entered into a clinical trial re RFM, I had 5 episodes of monitoring & a scan for their research. I actually didn't know about it till I seen the alert on the front of my notes at my booking in apt this time round & researched it.

I think it's standard practice now to have a scan to check on placental blood flow after any report of RFM. Don't worry about it they'd tell you instantly if they had any concerns! x
Thank you, it is so easy to go into panic mode isn't it! I'm actually having a whole bunch of cramps and constant pressure.... wondering if this could be the start of something or if I'm getting my hopes up, we will see!