Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

imaginedragon83

VIP Member
I've just graduated from the ttc thread - 4 weeks pregnant & just found out. I've been having quite strong cramps in my pelvis - did anyone else experience this early on?
Congratulations!!
Yes with my first i had really bad cramps from weeks 4 til about 8 my midwife said they were stretching pains. They were so bad I'd have to sit down a minute! I haven't had them this time and can only assume its cos everything is stretched to buggery anyway. But if you are worried I would always say no harm in getting it checked.

LilyRose1234

VIP Member
Hi ladies, I'm looking for a bit of advice. I'm back working in the office which is a secure building so no windows open. I am really triggered by smells and any whiff of food I don't like the smell of makes me gag and often leads to me being sick. So far after 2 weeks of being back I have only managed one entire shift without being sent home.

I've tried to get through to the doctor's but haven't had any luck, I also don't have an assigned midwife as of yet - hoping that'll happen at my 24 week appointment next Friday. I just feel a bit hopeless, I can control the sickness at home as I know what I can and can't smell without being sick but at work it's a whole different board game. Wondered if anyone else had suffered from similar and if there were any words of advice!

I'm constantly sucking on mints in the hope the smell and taste overrides the nasty smells, but honestly even before pregnancy my sense of smell was insane, and it's only heightened recently obvious. I'm having the worst time and ideally I just want to work from home again, but this hasn't been mentioned. Also there's another girl who's pregnant on my team and she is glowing, she's about 9 weeks behind me and has no symptoms what so ever, so I feel like people are looking at me thinking I'm being dramatic. 🤦🏼‍♀️

Rant over! 🤭
Are you able to ask to work from home as the sickness is too much at the moment? They need to make reasonable adjustments for you and if you’ve only managed 1 full shift it sounds like it would be in their best interests too!
If not, it might be worth speaking to your GP about medication that may control it, although I personally found all the tablets I tried made me so sleepy I couldn’t work (or do much!) if I took them - they might work better for you though?

WhatABore

VIP Member
Thanks for the tips on the next to me cribs, it does make sense to have one especially as we wouldn’t have space in our room for a full size cot (without having to pole vault over it to get in and out anyway). I’m just unsure what to get for baby to sleep in in the lounge or wherever. Maybe I’ll just have to move a next to me in and out. So much to think about.
Do you have a pram that you will keep indoors?
Mine sleeps in that for naps 😊

SavvyBee

VIP Member
I didn’t like my supplements either so I just took a separate folic acid and a separate vitamin d tablet. That’s all you really need. Maybe look into getting those? Just double check required daily amounts :)
I did the same thing - they’re much smaller to stomach for a start and I know a few people who warned me and said they didn’t get on with Pregnacare. I tried their preconception vitamins and they upset my tummy so didn’t bother with the pregnancy ones just individual folic acid and vitamin D.

Chickenandgravy

VIP Member
Those of you that have had a 16 week appointment in person, did you get to hear baby's heartbeat?

I have my appointment on Tuesday and the midwife is coming to my house. So I'm really hoping she'll bring a Doppler! Some friends of mine have been able to film it which I'd love to do so my boyfriend can hear too 😍🤞
I didn't get to hear the babys heartbeat until the 22 week appointment

Pandapops82

Nope. I've had 8 in total now 😂 although 2 of them they couldn't do much so they were only partial as my cervix was still to far back.
None worked though.
The chance of them working is very low.
Less than 20% of sweeps done after a due date work within 48 hours
Oo interesting thank you! I won't hold my breath then 🤣🙈 x

Definitelyme

VIP Member
Hello ladies! My little Dot arrived on Monday at 23:09 weighing 8lb 5oz!

The induction was completely fine!! In the end I didn’t need the gel I was already dilated so they just broke my waters and she came 11 hours later after about 3 hours of active labour and 2 pushes 😂😂 it was a surprise when she popped out for sure! It’s so true what they say about 2nd babies 😂
Congratulations!!!

I’mThankyou_

VIP Member
Thank you, it is so easy to go into panic mode isn't it! I'm actually having a whole bunch of cramps and constant pressure.... wondering if this could be the start of something or if I'm getting my hopes up, we will see!
It really is! I was constantly sat in triage because of RFM it sent me wild.

Is it nearly your due date?! Fingers crossed it is the start of something! x

Easilyannoyed

VIP Member
Online shopping is so dangerous (and easy) whilst wfh haha. I am window shopping on the H&M website daily at the moment 😬 and yeah we have bought a pram but it’s on preorder with no lead time - bit risky! Where abouts are you going to look for yours? Have you got much other stuff bought yet?
I’ve bought nothing like the only thing I have are private scan pictures i just don’t want to buy stuff and have it lying around and also I want more autumn fashion before I go mad buying. I will probably just wait as long as I can then go and buy everything on one day like a nutcase apart from a pram. I think I have decided on the Stokke Explory from the reviews but I want to go and see one so I think I have to go to John Lewis so will probably go in the next 5 weeks maybe. My partner thinks a I get a delivery everyday and yes I do 🤣 but I just burn the cardboard boxes now so there is no evidence haha. Did you find pram shopping enjoyable or did you do it online? There is this amazing leopard outfit on h and m looks like pyjamas but I am living for it x

grumpycat

VIP Member
Can anyone recommend an infant car seat?

After our chats about them the other day I asked the midwife and she said I’ll need to have one to carry baby out in. I don’t really know what’s good so any recommendations appreciated!
We have a maxi cosi pebble, and will hopefully use for no2 all being well. I rate maxi cosi as a brand. We then moved to the Joie 360 once he was big enough (and my arms couldn’t take carrying him in the infant seat!)

Hi all, just wondering if anyone is in an trust that uses MyPregnancyNotes online?
I had a booking in Appt at 7 weeks, midwife advised me to create an account, which I did. It then said no pregnancies linked to your account and asked me to register a pregnancy. This seemed to be all the information she’d asked me on the phone Appt so I left it and didn’t continue with the form as I thought I don’t want to duplicate anything she’s already done.
I then had a follow up Appt a few days later with another midwife (staffing issues in our area so I’ve not got the name of my actual midwife yet - been told I will be assigned one as I did with my first). I mentioned it to her and she said that was strange my notes were online and I should be able to see them through that account. But yet 3 weeks later it’s still on the same screen when I log in, asking me to create a new pregnancy. Am I being dim?! In my first we had a binder full of notes but the folder is a lot more streamlined now and they advise to log in online to see your notes.
thanks in advance ☺

Definitelyme

VIP Member
This is reassuring - thanks!! I joined the cloth nappy Facebook site to try and absorb some information and some posters on there own 50-60 nappies...😳
It’s easy to get carried away! Back when my eldest was born Bumgenius were really popular and released loads of limited edition prints. People would be paying £60+ To get one shipped over from America, and I definitely paid way too much for some of them. I would say in total I own probably around 50, but some are size ones so quickly outgrown. And last year I gave away probably about 20 I hadn’t used in years! Definitely try and stay sensible with it!

Easilyannoyed

VIP Member
ooooh sweaty Betty I miss the most I can’t wait to fit back into their amazing clothes 😍 the emails they send me on a daily are just torture being the size that I am now 🐳 😅wish they had maternity options x
I’m 23 weeks on Friday I can still wear medium but they are getting tight. I have a large high waisted seamless pair which are too big so hopefully will see me through to the end. Bicester village sell lots of styles for a good discount too but I love them fantastic leggings 💕

Dipdab

VIP Member
I've just graduated from the ttc thread - 4 weeks pregnant & just found out. I've been having quite strong cramps in my pelvis - did anyone else experience this early on?
Yes I had what felt like period pain from the start until about week 7. I get the odd twinge now and again. Like others have said, my midwife said as long as it’s not accompanied by severe pain and bleeding then it’s normal

Chickenandgravy

VIP Member
Good morning all!

Does anyone suffer from migraines? I get them occasionally and have woken up with a shocking one! How do you cope with them?

Unfortunately I have to work and have a midwife check up later so can't sleep this one off...
Yes!! Had them all my life. Only thing that worked for me pre pregnancy was cutting gluten out completely, I went from 4 a week to 4 a year.
But when I got pregnant from about week 14-19 I had daily migraines, the paracetamol, as you probably know didn't touch the pain but i found the cooling strips or 4head helped distract me from the pain so I could at least sleep for a while.
Midwife said if they got so bad she could refer me to the consultant and get propranolol (I think that's what it was called) but would need weekly growth scans. However they disappeared after a few weeks so maybe that will be the case for you. I feel for you they are horrendous and coupled with the fact you can't take any triptans it makes it worse 😭

Easilyannoyed

VIP Member
I've been the exact same today, celebrating hitting 24 weeks. What a nightmare. I hope it eases up for you, it's so horrible feeling so poorly x
So strange im 24 weeks as well abs I have had the strangest two days yesterday with the sciatica spd constipation situation then today I have started to feel sick freezing then boiling hot thought the morning sickness was back then I’ve just eaten in this order two rowntrees ice lollies, cheese breadsticks with humous, banana and chocolate flake yoghurt and a marble
Kit Kat honestly so odd 🤷🏽‍♀️

GamerLlama87

Chatty Member
Gahhh I'm a bag of worry today 😩 had my 12 week blood results back finally (I'm 16 weeks now!) I'd been going along the "no news is good news" thing but my thyroid levels are way out.

I'm not hugely familiar with the different levels, but TPO levels should be under 35, mine are 235.... And my TSH is a little high at 5.

The midwife said this shouldn't affect baby, just me and my energy levels, but I've previously heard that thyroid issues can raise the risk of late miscarriage or preterm delivery 😩 I'm seeing a consultant on Wednesday so not long to wait, luckily. But I'm just stressing myself something silly now.

Has anyone experienced this at all?