Pregnancy #9 we love carbs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone have any coping tip or tricks to combat pre scan nerves? My scan is on Friday and I’ve already got somersaults and an upset tummy thinking about it 😪😣
How far along will you be? I was scared before every single scan but once you start feeling kicks from then on you've a good idea all is ok. In my early days i did everything to occupy my mind and keep busy. Sitting around thinking about it is the worst thing you can do. Keep busy busy busy.

Reactions: 3
Does anyone have any coping tip or tricks to combat pre scan nerves? My scan is on Friday and I’ve already got somersaults and an upset tummy thinking about it 😪😣
Oh same, my 12 week one is Thursday! I was feeling really good about it but then had tummy pains Saturday night so now I’m worried... The rational part of me says it was just indigestion because we went out to eat that eve and I ate a LOT and felt fine by the next day but you do worry! Fingers crossed for us this week ❤❤❤

• Heart
It’s easy to get carried away! Back when my eldest was born Bumgenius were really popular and released loads of limited edition prints. People would be paying £60+ To get one shipped over from America, and I definitely paid way too much for some of them. I would say in total I own probably around 50, but some are size ones so quickly outgrown. And last year I gave away probably about 20 I hadn’t used in years! Definitely try and stay sensible with it!
Haha I don’t blame you - there are some lovely printed ones out there! I’m trying to hold off as much as I can until I know what works but there are so many good deals out there on FB and eBay!

The waiting is the worst isn’t it - I found the 12 week wait the hardest too! Have you had an early scan? As others have said keep your mind occupied and busy (not easy at this time I know) and remember the odds of everything being okay are overwhelmingly positive ❤

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Haha I don’t blame you - there are some lovely printed ones out there! I’m trying to hold off as much as I can until I know what works but there are so many good deals out there on FB and eBay!

The waiting is the worst isn’t it - I found the 12 week wait the hardest too! Have you had an early scan? As others have said keep your mind occupied and busy (not easy at this time I know) and remember the odds of everything being okay are overwhelmingly positive ❤
Yes I had a scan at 8 weeks and everything looked great, heartbeats etc. I haven’t had any warning signs that anything is wrong but I just can’t shake the worried feeling. I feel like I’ve been waiting forever for this (dramatic I know).

Oh same, my 12 week one is Thursday! I was feeling really good about it but then had tummy pains Saturday night so now I’m worried... The rational part of me says it was just indigestion because we went out to eat that eve and I ate a LOT and felt fine by the next day but you do worry! Fingers crossed for us this week ❤❤❤
I’ve got a quiet week at work too which is annoying could have done with being so busy to stay occupied! Keep me updated on how yours goes ❤

• Heart
You know when you get your bloods and urine done at the first visit to the hospital? When do you get the results? 🤔

You know when you get your bloods and urine done at the first visit to the hospital? When do you get the results? 🤔
I had a phone call a week later because I needed to do another urine sample but didn't find out results for bloods until I met with the midwife at 16 weeks.

I think as long as it's all 'normal' they won't contact you, that might just be my experience though...

Reactions: 1
I had a phone call a week later because I needed to do another urine sample but didn't find out results for bloods until I met with the midwife at 16 weeks.

I think as long as it's all 'normal' they won't contact you, that might just be my experience though...
Ah that’s good 😌 was wondering what happens with those 🤣 there was a cyber attack on the IT systems over the weekend so there will be delays with all that apparently

I'm exactly the same and this is baby number 2 for me....the anxiety never eases! I'm trying my best just to distract myself but it's close to impossible! I have booked Wednesday off work and the scan isn't tol 2.45 and I know I'll spend that whole morning a nervous wreck without work to distract me 😂😂😂

Reactions: 2
I agree with keeping busy around scan time, just had my 19 week one and the anxiety was ridiculous. Can’t wait to feel this little bugger move more, I mean I’ll still be hideously anxious of course but at least you have some idea of what’s going on in there! 🙄😬

Excellent 😌 everything was so rushed when I went in last Wednesday it was like a cattle mart 🥴 so I wasn’t sure 😌
I forget half the things they say and in thay respect I really missed my husband not being allowed in, he used to be the one to remember everything when I was overwhelmed with info!

I forget half the things they say and in thay respect I really missed my husband not being allowed in, he used to be the one to remember everything when I was overwhelmed with info!
Oh my god! I am the same 🤣 my husband is defo the one that retains all the info 🤣 I had to plead with them for an anomaly scan so thankfully my husband can attend that one

• Heart
It's difficult right?
I have my next scan next Tuesday, and I mainly try to be excited for seeing her again.
Where I live we have scans every four weeks, but even that sometimes feels like forever! In the UK it's every eight weeks if I'm correct?
Good luck and try to keeo busy indeed. Find something else to focus on, granted, that's easier said than done. I'm sure it'll be fine ❤

How soon after you found out you were pregnant did you call the doctors? I just called as the nhs website says to call as soon as you find out, the receptionist sounded shocked I’d called so early!

How soon after you found out you were pregnant did you call the doctors? I just called as the nhs website says to call as soon as you find out, the receptionist sounded shocked I’d called so early!
I called the day after as I took the test late at night. Uggggh what is it about doctors receptionists!? I would usually only visit the doctor if my leg was falling off but everytime I go miss misery is sitting there 🥴

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Can you self refer to the hospital where you live? I self refereed at around 5 weeks and got my appointments through straight away

I called the second I found out and they sent me an online form to fill out to register with a midwife etc. You don’t usually see them for a few more weeks but no harm registering as early as you can! ❤

Can you self refer to the hospital where you live? I self refereed at around 5 weeks and got my appointments through straight away
not that I could find online, but they’ve given me a midwife appointment this week so I’m not complaining about that! Was just her attitude made me feel like it was way too early to be asking 😂

Reactions: 2
I just spoke to my community midwives, I called this morning RE my bleed on the weekend post sex as I haven’t been booked in yet and don’t have a direct midwife number to call and as I’ve got no pain or bleeding now it seemed too much to call EPU but I felt like I should probably check in with someone to make sure my thinking was right, if you know what I mean?!

she was quite lovely and reassuring and basically echoed what everyone here said - the fact it was straight after meant it was highly likely it was the cause, and that because it stopped so soon and was only on wiping and not gushing out was probably an irritated cervix.

I said it turned to brown yesterday which I thought indicated old blood and she agreed and said as long as I’m in no pain and no more red blood that’s good. She asked if I still had any pregnancy symptoms and I said luckily my boobs are still pretty sore and my energy level is about 5% 😂

but it was nice to be reassured by someone properly and she essentially said if anything changes whatsoever to call EPU (hopefully it doesn’t, I’ve had nothing today thankfully) ❤

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.