Pregnancy #9 we love carbs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
not that I could find online, but they’ve given me a midwife appointment this week so I’m not complaining about that! Was just her attitude made me feel like it was way too early to be asking 😂
It’s not too early I did the test on New Year’s Eve called first day the doctors opened and I got a scan on 7th January because I just didn’t believe it was possible and I was hysterical needing to know it was viable. Saw the heartbeat I was just 6 weeks as my periods would have made me about 10 weeks because they were all over the place. Biggest piece of advice is duck anyone who doesn’t take you seriously keep pushing for appointments Midwife’s etc because you and your baby are most important regardless of what receptionists think xx

• Heart
Reactions: 12
It’s not too early I did the test on New Year’s Eve called first day the doctors opened and I got a scan on 7th January because I just didn’t believe it was possible and I was hysterical needing to know it was viable. Saw the heartbeat I was just 6 weeks as my periods would have made me about 10 weeks because they were all over the place. Biggest piece of advice is duck anyone who doesn’t take you seriously keep pushing for appointments Midwife’s etc because you and your baby are most important regardless of what receptionists think xx
Exactly!! As I said it must be a common trait that you must have a stick lodged up your arse to be a doctors receptionist 🥴

• Haha
Reactions: 6
not that I could find online, but they’ve given me a midwife appointment this week so I’m not complaining about that! Was just her attitude made me feel like it was way too early to be asking 😂
thats good going! I self referred at about 5.5weeks and I won’t get my booking in until nearly 11weeks

Reactions: 1
Yes or they need one to cheer themselves up because Christ they are rude 🤪
I know! All doctor visits here are €50 (except during pregnancy they are free) and when I made my first appointment to confirm the pregnancy the receptionist made it clear that I have to pay for the first visit... I had no issue with this, however my doctor told her to waiver the payment and, my god, she was FUMING 🤣🤣🤣 then I had to give my new address to her and the area I live has an Irish name and spelling and I thought that the woman’s eyes were going to roll into the back of her skull 🥴🤣 she is the image off that receptionist in little Britain “computer says no” 🥴🤣

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I know! All doctor visits here are €50 (except during pregnancy they are free) and when I made my first appointment to confirm the pregnancy the receptionist made it clear that I have to pay for the first visit... I had no issue with this, however my doctor told her to waiver the payment and, my god, she was FUMING 🤣🤣🤣 then I had to give my new address to her and the area I live has an Irish name and spelling and I thought that the woman’s eyes were going to roll into the back of her skull 🥴🤣 she is the image off that receptionist in little Britain “computer says no” 🥴🤣
I can see you are in Ireland and maybe Irish as I am also 😅😅 so I’m just gonna straight say that all doctor receptionist in Ireland are geebags 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I can see you are in Ireland and maybe Irish as I am also 😅😅 so I’m just gonna straight say that all doctor receptionist in Ireland are geebags 😂😂😂
Lol yes! An A1 geebag! I’d say something if I was one of these ones in every 2 days with a different ailment but I don’t visit the doctor unless I need to as I’m not a medical card holder because I’m married and work full time. A few of my friends have similar issues with their doctors receptionists 🤣 I’m telling you! It must be a job requirement

Another one of the old wives tales is if you have a posterior placenta it’s a boy 🤣 I find some of the old wives tales ridiculous 🤣 did any of them work for you guys? 🤔🤣
My placenta was posterior for my first and also for my current pregnancy, first was a boy and this is a girl!
How did the NT go, did you get results there and then?

Reactions: 2
Lol yes! An A1 geebag! I’d say something if I was one of these ones in every 2 days with a different ailment but I don’t visit the doctor unless I need to as I’m not a medical card holder because I’m married and work full time. A few of my friends have similar issues with their doctors receptionists 🤣 I’m telling you! It must be a job requirement
Mine was the same asking me like are u sure you need to confirm a pregnancy 🤦‍♀️ Like witch I’m 💯 sure, we are in the middle of a tit show pandemic and I’m not visiting my doctor to be sociable 😂😂😂

My placenta was posterior for my first and also for my current pregnancy, first was a boy and this is a girl!
How did the NT go, did you get results there and then?
I sure did! So the way they do it.. they firstly give your background risk based on age/weight etc.. I am 34 years old on my first baby with a normal bmi and no medical issues. So my background risk (pre scan) for Down syndrome (trisomy 13) was 1:319 and after my scan the adjusted risk went to 1:1395. The sonographer said these would be the best results that one could hope for! I’m still undecided of whether to get the harmony test but I am a natural worrier 🥴 I think the private scans are much better than the hospital scans as they go into a lot more detail... the hospital couldn’t tell me the heart rate and I found out more info off the private scans

Mine was the same asking me like are u sure you need to confirm a pregnancy 🤦‍♀️ Like witch I’m 💯 sure, we are in the middle of a tit show pandemic and I’m not visiting my doctor to be sociable 😂😂😂
I know! I could feel her rolling her eyes on the phone when I made that initial appointment too 🙄I’m totally new to all this and when I looked at the hse website it’s the first thing you are to do is call the GP so they can register you with the maternity hospital. I’m in the doctors again today I wonder what mood the receptionist will be in 🤣 prob fuming because she doesn’t have to take that €50 off me 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Oh wow we found out on the same day! 💖

• Heart
Gahhh I'm a bag of worry today 😩 had my 12 week blood results back finally (I'm 16 weeks now!) I'd been going along the "no news is good news" thing but my thyroid levels are way out.

I'm not hugely familiar with the different levels, but TPO levels should be under 35, mine are 235.... And my TSH is a little high at 5.

The midwife said this shouldn't affect baby, just me and my energy levels, but I've previously heard that thyroid issues can raise the risk of late miscarriage or preterm delivery 😩 I'm seeing a consultant on Wednesday so not long to wait, luckily. But I'm just stressing myself something silly now.

Has anyone experienced this at all?

Oh wow we found out on the same day! 💖
Omg wow that is mad we are due like a day apart aren’t we as well I am 4th September I don’t understand any of my dates if I’m perfectly honest according to due date calculator I am due 26th august which to me sounds more accurate. When is your next midwife appointment? I did the test when my partner was at work and I rang him on FaceTime and I couldn’t talk I just showed him the test and it already said 3+ I am still in shock everyday when I get up and see myself and feel her move. How did you tell your partner? After so many negative tests over the years you never expect it to come back positive xx

Gahhh I'm a bag of worry today 😩 had my 12 week blood results back finally (I'm 16 weeks now!) I'd been going along the "no news is good news" thing but my thyroid levels are way out.

I'm not hugely familiar with the different levels, but TPO levels should be under 35, mine are 235.... And my TSH is a little high at 5.

The midwife said this shouldn't affect baby, just me and my energy levels, but I've previously heard that thyroid issues can raise the risk of late miscarriage or preterm delivery 😩 I'm seeing a consultant on Wednesday so not long to wait, luckily. But I'm just stressing myself something silly now.

I haven’t had personal experience but have a family member with thyroid issues. I think if it goes Unmedicated then there is a risk as the body can work overdrive with hormones but the positives are you are way past 12weeks which is where any mediation can be tricky. I would imagine it would be a bit of mediation to level you out and regular bloods.

I do have a friend who had an over active thyroid in pregnancy and hers was managed well. Baby had blood tests after birth and was fine. She did have an early birth but that was for other reasons not related. Hope that helps x

Omg wow that is mad we are due like a day apart aren’t we as well I am 4th September I don’t understand any of my dates if I’m perfectly honest according to due date calculator I am due 26th august which to me sounds more accurate. When is your next midwife appointment? I did the test when my partner was at work and I rang him on FaceTime and I couldn’t talk I just showed him the test and it already said 3+ I am still in shock everyday when I get up and see myself and feel her move. How did you tell your partner? After so many negative tests over the years you never expect it to come back positive xx
My cycles were a bit hit and miss also, so going by periods my due date should be 31st Aug, but I'm a day behind you and due on the 5th. I had a midwife appointment on Friday which was the 24/25 week one, although I wasn't even 24 weeks! Next one is mid June for 28 weeks. Have you had one recently?
Haha I was so shocked I just walked downstairs and blurted it out, he was watching some crap TV and was gobsmacked! Exactly after so many negative tests I couldn't believe what I was seeing. It's only just started to feel real, since I've been able to feel him wriggling around! I feel so grateful. X

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I haven’t had personal experience but have a family member with thyroid issues. I think if it goes Unmedicated then there is a risk as the body can work overdrive with hormones but the positives are you are way past 12weeks which is where any mediation can be tricky. I would imagine it would be a bit of mediation to level you out and regular bloods.

I do have a friend who had an over active thyroid in pregnancy and hers was managed well. Baby had blood tests after birth and was fine. She did have an early birth but that was for other reasons not related. Hope that helps x
Ah that's good that your friend had a positive experience. It confused me at first, but the high levels mean I have a more underactive thyroid, rather than overactive.

I'm sure the midwife would have told me on the phone if it was something to be more concerned about, wouldn't she? Like she wouldn't just sugar coat it and tell me it shouldn't affect baby if there were any major risks.. GAH is it Wednesday yet 🙄😅

Found out today that my office are going to start getting people back in from June. Having not had the vaccine and obviously being pregnant, I’m hoping I have some grounds to put it off as long as possible. I don’t want to go back anyway let alone at 7 months pregnant 😩

Reactions: 3
Anyone else having mild heart palpitations? Around once every hour or two and lasts literally a second. I thought it was a bit of anxiety at first as it’s kind of top centre of my chest / bottom of my throat at times, but I’m pretty sure it’s not now. I’ve checked with my doctor and she said it’s totally normal and a result of increased blood flow and to just let her know if anything gets worse or lasts longer. Google concurs but it’s really an unpleasant feeling and I’m sure is making me feel worse by making me worry!

I have an underactive thyroid after having thyroid cancer during my first pregnancy. My son was born healthy ☺ This time round I just have a couple of extra blood tests during the pregnancy and an appointment with an endocrinologist. I’m 24 weeks tomorrow and my levels have been steady on my usual dose of medication so far. As long as it’s monitored, don’t worry at all 😊

• Heart
Ah that's good that your friend had a positive experience. It confused me at first, but the high levels mean I have a more underactive thyroid, rather than overactive.

I'm sure the midwife would have told me on the phone if it was something to be more concerned about, wouldn't she? Like she wouldn't just sugar coat it and tell me it shouldn't affect baby if there were any major risks.. GAH is it Wednesday yet 🙄😅
Yeah that’s right the levels go opposite, low levels = over and high =under

But for sure the midwife wouldn’t say something wasn’t a worry if it really was.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.