Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Pandapops82

I've had quite a few stretch and sweeps now 😂 some people say they're painful but I've never found them to be.
Sure it's uncomfortable but that's it.
It's usually over in less than a minute though 😊
Haha fab thank you! Glad to know it's speedy, I'm hoping something happens before then but if not I'm up for seeing if it does anything! Did you have success after you had yours?

Elsass

Chatty Member
How soon after you found out you were pregnant did you call the doctors? I just called as the nhs website says to call as soon as you find out, the receptionist sounded shocked I’d called so early!

elloelloello

VIP Member
It was me I love Zara I have more recommendations I do think that stress comes up big I should have bought a medium not large but it is still very flattering. ifyou want some nice outfits I bought a maternity set on h & m I will link it looks really nice with my bump and for once it is not long on me! And don’t be silly of course you can join in but I understand why you hold back I still worry a lot now I am 24 weeks today! Congratulations @Dipdab on 12 weeks I felt slightly more relaxed and @elloelloello it will come round in no time then the weeks will start to fly by Xx
Omg yes plssss I saw a lovely lilac pregnancy set on new look like a midi dress with a cardigan but I think my hips are to big to pull it off 🤣

Mathilderose99

This ones for the ladies with constipation and painful trapped wind. I think I’ve sorted myself out in the past couple of weeks by eating a yoghurt with live bacteria every other day. I’ve been having Yeo Valley strawberry ones (cause no bits) and I truly believe they’ve made all the difference. I no longer have trapped wind at all and I do a good poop every day (I’m so sorry). Before eating these I was so blocked up and painful and now I’m not at all. Might be worth a try if you’ve also been struggling with this!
so helpful thank!

did anyone experience constipation/diarrhea from prenatal?

Babyyoda88

VIP Member
Hello ladies! My little Dot arrived on Monday at 23:09 weighing 8lb 5oz!

The induction was completely fine!! In the end I didn’t need the gel I was already dilated so they just broke my waters and she came 11 hours later after about 3 hours of active labour and 2 pushes 😂😂 it was a surprise when she popped out for sure! It’s so true what they say about 2nd babies 😂
Congratulations!!! ❤

I’mThankyou_

VIP Member
Hiw long did you ladies take folic acid and vit d? Im still finishing off my pills (combined folic and vit d) . My midwife recommended to take vit d for the whole pregnancy.
I'm 17 weeks & still taking a high dose of Folate now, but I also have underlying malabsorption issues so don't want to drain my body dry, but its worth taking for the duration as baby is taking everything it needs before you're getting it.

grumpycat

VIP Member
Has anyone had any cervix irritation or bleeding after sex?
I’m certain my cervix has been irritated post sexual fumble as I had some red blood straight away. I’ve got no pain, cramping and just feel abit sore inside if you know what I mean.

It was red blood like when you cut yourself initially and it’s tailed off to browny old blood type spotting. No clots or anything like that thankfully.

My gut says it’s cervical irritation as I feel absolutely fine (minus the sore!) but my poor husband is beside himself with worry!

Nursty

VIP Member
Anyone thought about a baby bouncer/chair/nest yet and care to share what you have opted for?
We had bouncer chairs for our last 2, but now we've got a dog and I can just see her being allllllll over it.
I was looking at the nest things with the handles so you can put baby on the floor/sofa/bed wherever and just carry them around with you.
Also looked at the bean bag type things.
Then wonder if they are redundant if you use a Moses basket, although last 2 times around it was the Moses basket that went unused.
Can't decide. Definitely can't afford one of those all singing all dancing leaf things that rock and sway either 😂

Lulu Goss

VIP Member
Are they giving you a choice as to whether you’ll go back in or not? It baffles me that after the last year we’ve had that employers are forcing people back into offices. I know WFH guidance has ended but surely the majority of companies will give people some degree of flexibility until they’ve had the vaccine at least.

How are all of you in England feeling about the restrictions being lifted? I was feeling quite positive until the news on the Indian variant this week. Am supposed to be going to a friend’s hen party this weekend (3 hours away, will have to get 3 separate trains and sharing an Airbnb with 5 others) and I’m feeling a more than a bit sceptical about whether it’s a good idea to go...
Nothing has been confirmed yet so I don’t know what the plans will be for definite, but my manager told me he can’t guarantee that I will be excluded from returning to the office. I don’t think anyone will go back full time (I work for a big company so there’s a lot of people) but even if it is 2/3 days a week, that still feels like an unnecessary risk when I can do my job from home. I’m hoping it doesn’t come to it but I’m willing to argue it if I have to, it doesn’t seem fair. I’m going on mat leave at the start of September anyway!

I know what you mean about restrictions lifting. It’s nice to know that things are starting to go back to normal but it’s still worrying because the virus is still around.

PineappleTopper

Chatty Member
has anyone managed to not gain any weight in first trimester? my BMI is high so I'm supposed to be not gaining any weight!
I didnt gain any until the second trimester. I just got bloated in the first. Some women lose weight due to sickness. Dont worry too much about it lovely. If it doubt, speak to your midwife.

Jellybb

VIP Member
Gahhh I think I accidentally found out the sex of our baby 🙈🙈

We aren't planning to find out. I had a private scan today (15 weeks) because I'm a neurotic mess 😅 but anyway, the lady asked if we're going to find out so I said no and she told me to look away while she measured the femur length from underneath, so obviously had a clear bum and bits view.

But in the photos that were sent to my phone, she's included that image 😭🙈 there's not really any other explanation for certain parts are there ⚽🍆⚽🤣

I'm not mad, it also fits my very strong prediction anyway haha but maaaaan! I don't know whether to tell my partner 🤔 I don't think I will, cos I could still be wrong I guess! 🤣
Oh no 🤣🤣🤣🤣 I have 2 scans next week. One is a private NT scan, totally stupid quest but do you think that they could tell me the gender then? 😭

I’mThankyou_

VIP Member
It is! Trying to just keep chill considering everyone says first baby always go overdue to we will see! I've had the cramps for a couple of weeks but today they have ramped up 🤞🏻 x
My first was 3 days early if it helps! 😂 I lost my plug on the Sunday morning& the cramps grew more intense, by 7pm they were5 mins apart so I went in to have him!

Mathilderose99

I believe I had this around 5 or 6 weeks yes. Truly thought I was dying in the middle of the night. I can’t tell you why it happens but I definitely had it too if that puts your mind at rest a bit.
thank you so much!
wondering if it could be from iron in prenatal - I'm very sensitive to supplements,

Chickenandgravy

VIP Member
Anyone any tips for morning sickness seems to hit at the same time in the afternoon everyday for a hour or 2 🤢😅 I’m 14 weeks so hoping it eases soon
If you can get a hold of irn bru in a can thats freezing that was my only saviour 😂 or as someone else suggested lucozade original ice cold aswell. Found that once I had that I could nibble on food

LilyRose1234

VIP Member
Does anyone have a sleepyhead? Am so undecided about whether to get one for supervised daytime naps etc. Have a next to me for the bedroom and a cot for the nursery but wasn’t sure if I’d use one/if they’re worth the money!

Does anyone have a sleepyhead? Am so undecided about whether to get one for supervised daytime naps etc. Have a next to me for the bedroom and a cot for the nursery but wasn’t sure if I’d use one/if they’re worth the money!

Nursty

VIP Member
Those of you that have had a 16 week appointment in person, did you get to hear baby's heartbeat?

I have my appointment on Tuesday and the midwife is coming to my house. So I'm really hoping she'll bring a Doppler! Some friends of mine have been able to film it which I'd love to do so my boyfriend can hear too 😍🤞
Yes I did and she let me record it for my husband too.