Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

imaginedragon83

VIP Member
30+3 and my left hand has went completely numb is that normal?
Do you think is it carpel tunnel? It's common in pregnancy. I had it quite bad and couldn't even button my shirt for work in the morning! Would wake up with numb hands and it would maybe be lunch time before I would get all feeling back,it went away after I had him xx

Reactions: 1

Definitelyme

VIP Member
Thank you. Don’t worry I won’t. I made the mistake of running out a couple of weeks ago and had to go a weekend without it- never again
I dunno why I thought I’d be ok, and then every day I thought "no point in getting it now, it’ll take a few days to get it and then it’s only 8 days left" etc. Idiot 🤦🏻‍♀️

imaginedragon83

VIP Member
If you’re stuck on the ward for quite a while and you’re bottle feeding, what do you do for making bottles / sterilising bottles?
My cousin took those ready made up bottles that are disposable. Not the best if you are trying to concious of waste but very easy all round

grumpycat

VIP Member
Having a bit of a wobble today. Booked in for a private early scan on Saturday, when I should be 7+3. The website for the company says it's an abdominal scan only (they don't offer internal at all) so be sure of your dates before you book - anytime from 7 weeks.

Anyway, I'm 90% sure my dates are right, but my worry is that last time I had a smear they told me my uterus was very tilted, so I'm worried they won't see anything through the scan. I had a blighted ovum a few years ago and I'm finding the idea of a scan a bit triggering (although waiting until my NHS scan also frightens me), and I'm worried that if they don't find anything it'll bring a lot of feelings back.

Anyone got any experience on this?
I would imagine that if they don’t see anything, they’ll do a rescan and let you go back a week or so later?

I have my first NHS scan Monday, will be about 10weeks 4 days. Is that too early for them to get all the measurements? Because I had my private one a few weeks ago and she said I may need to go back again to get the measurements needed as it will be too early! Didn’t know it was possible to be too early🤷🏻‍♀️

I work in health and safety in an environment with PPE - boots high vis etc. I can’t work from home so have not been told anything different. I believe with social distancing ending soon it doesn’t look like being pregnant would put us under the vulnerable category anymore
Thank you! 😁 My boss wasn't sure, but to be fair I would quite like to go out for a little break away from being at home haha!!

Pandapops82

My first was 3 days early if it helps! 😂 I lost my plug on the Sunday morning& the cramps grew more intense, by 7pm they were5 mins apart so I went in to have him!
Ahh that's exciting to hear! My mum was early with my brothers and sisters so I'll see what happens! X

SonicTheSpikeyThing

Chatty Member
Ahh I felt like a 15 year old telling my dad on the weekend! I also wasn’t expecting a wonderful reaction but he actually surprised me. Perhaps you could think of a way to tell your Mum at a distance so that if she doesn’t initially react that well then at least you don’t need to be faced with it - maybe send her a scan pic or a photo of a babygrow with a message and leave her to come up with a response. I know personally I’d find it easier to roll my eyes and move on from a crap text than a crap in-person reaction. With MIL maybe you can play on covid for a bit and tell her that although you can’t wait for a visit 🤥 you’re being extra careful at the minute etc. Maybe make a plan to go shopping in the summer or something to hold her off a bit. It’s quite overwhelming when you announce to people, mainly in a nice way. It reminds me of getting engaged though and all anybody talks to you about for seemingly months is wedding plans as if you’ve ceased to exist outside of this new future role. Try and enjoy the moments of telling people who will be supporters and not stress you out and it’ll hopefully balance out the annoyance you might find with others.
I’m glad your dads reaction surprised you. I know my dad will be happy but my mother is difficult to say the least.: I like the ideas you suggested but tbh they’d not be good enough for her. She’d find a problem whether we did it in person or like that. She’s a very narcissistic person but that’s for another thread. I’m actually so scared to tell her it gives me anxiety even just thinking about it. my mil on the other hand lives at the top of Scotland and we’re in the Midlands. She lives alone so uses us as her “bubble” when restrictions allow. She’ll be happy.. but she can be suffocating at times. For example, we’re in the process of purchasing our first home.. she texts and calls my partner daily for an update on the process. 😬 which is why I want to hold back a while as I’m not sure I’m ready to deal with that just yet 🤣 we’re hoping to tell her in person which gives us a bit of time as she often comes down to stay regularly (well she did before COVID). Super excited to tell my own gran though, she asks me everytime she calls if we’re still trying.. but her and my mother don’t get along and she’d be like a proud Great granny telling everyone but I know it would cause problems within the family if she knows before my mother. Which is a shame because I’d love her support at the minute but I know she can’t keep secrets 🤣Ah sorry for the rant. My family annoy me 😫

GamerLlama87

Chatty Member
Those of you that have had a 16 week appointment in person, did you get to hear baby's heartbeat?

I have my appointment on Tuesday and the midwife is coming to my house. So I'm really hoping she'll bring a Doppler! Some friends of mine have been able to film it which I'd love to do so my boyfriend can hear too 😍🤞

WhatABore

VIP Member
Just coming on to vent, I just feel like baby isn't wanting to come at all 😭 I've had two attempts at stretch and sweeps but the midwives have said my cervix is only open by 1cm but not thin enough to sweep around the waters. Booked in again for next Tuesday and then will discuss induction if nothing happens. Just feeling so tired, cramping and tightenings but feels like I'm not making any progress 😪 I know I will have my baby when she's ready but I just didn't expect to feel so tired and struggling at this point after a smooth pregnancy x
Literally couldn't wrote this exactly at the end of my pregnancy this time!
When I went for my second sweep got my hopes up for progress because I'd had a lot of cramps and tightenings all week. Made it so more disappointing to be told i hadn't made any progress!

• Sad

WhatABore

VIP Member
Those of you that have had a 16 week appointment in person, did you get to hear baby's heartbeat?

I have my appointment on Tuesday and the midwife is coming to my house. So I'm really hoping she'll bring a Doppler! Some friends of mine have been able to film it which I'd love to do so my boyfriend can hear too 😍🤞
Mine don't do it until 24 weeks minimum as it can be difficult to find 😊

Hushpuppy

VIP Member
Hello ladies! My little Dot arrived on Monday at 23:09 weighing 8lb 5oz!

The induction was completely fine!! In the end I didn’t need the gel I was already dilated so they just broke my waters and she came 11 hours later after about 3 hours of active labour and 2 pushes 😂😂 it was a surprise when she popped out for sure! It’s so true what they say about 2nd babies 😂
Congratulations. Thrilled for you. Enjoy the newborn bubble xx

wakametango

Chatty Member
I don’t get how we don’t have the same due date 🤷🏽‍♀️ I am also 24 weeks today I think x
Maybe our cycle dates!? I think I was dated incorrectly at 12 week scan...my partner and I just refused to let her change it as we can’t remember getting jiggy before the date we made her... sonographer shouldn’t have let us dictate really 🙊 she keeps coming up as 1-2 weeks bigger so honestly god knows when she’ll come!?!

Jellybb

VIP Member
You know when you get your bloods and urine done at the first visit to the hospital? When do you get the results? 🤔

PineappleTopper

Chatty Member
Aww I know what you mean! I'm now only at the point where physically I cant get comfortable and struggling to sleep, and sickness has been tricky the last few days! Thank you I'm sure I'll report back how it goes 😊 x
I spent all of yesterday absolutely knackered. I was asleep by 9.30, woke up tossing and turning all night trying to get comfy. Legs, knees, ankles and hips all aching. Fitbit still says i got less than 7 hours slsep. I woke up at 7!! 20+5 today

Yes!! Shame the maternity bit hasn’t been done up like the Brunel building 🤣 I’ll have to start calling it southmead airport 😂
Are you from Brizzle? 😁