Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

imaginedragon83

VIP Member
The chewable ones are worse I'm sorry to say! Look at the reviews of them on boots. I wish I had before I bought them 😂 they are vile and they stick to your teeth (the pregnacare ones) I ended up just buying a mint flavoured spray vitamin D, and a seperate folic acid as it was teeny on its own and more manageable.
Oh no thanks for the warning 😂😂
I think I read somewhere that the seven seas ones aren't as big as the pregnacare...I'll have to look into that.

Reactions: 1

grumpycat

VIP Member
Gahhh I'm a bag of worry today 😩 had my 12 week blood results back finally (I'm 16 weeks now!) I'd been going along the "no news is good news" thing but my thyroid levels are way out.

I'm not hugely familiar with the different levels, but TPO levels should be under 35, mine are 235.... And my TSH is a little high at 5.

The midwife said this shouldn't affect baby, just me and my energy levels, but I've previously heard that thyroid issues can raise the risk of late miscarriage or preterm delivery 😩 I'm seeing a consultant on Wednesday so not long to wait, luckily. But I'm just stressing myself something silly now.

Has anyone experienced this at all?
I haven’t had personal experience but have a family member with thyroid issues. I think if it goes Unmedicated then there is a risk as the body can work overdrive with hormones but the positives are you are way past 12weeks which is where any mediation can be tricky. I would imagine it would be a bit of mediation to level you out and regular bloods.

I do have a friend who had an over active thyroid in pregnancy and hers was managed well. Baby had blood tests after birth and was fine. She did have an early birth but that was for other reasons not related. Hope that helps x

Dipdab

VIP Member
I feel awful complaining.

I loved my first pregnancy - aside from sickness I was glowing I had energy & I felt amazing. I feel disgusting in this one, all I've done is complain, everywhere quite literally hurts, and I've had enough. I feel even worse complaining because I'm lucky enough to carry twins so that's really not helping my guilt.

I sat in the loo earlier at work and had a little cry to myself as I felt like I honestly couldn't go on, 12 hour shifts really aren't helping. Don't think I'm gonna stay sane for the next 20 weeks & I feel awful even thinking it.
Sending you a massive hug! ❤

HeyLetsGo

So I ordered some tiny clothes on H&M and wanted to send a picture to my mom, because they're so adorable. The look on my cat's face though 😂 I'm howling, poor thing, it's gonna hit her like a truck!
View attachment 562386

I'm around 14/15 weeks now and still no visible bump. But I figure she'll show up soon enough, for now I'm happy I can still fit in my jeans 😅
Good to know that lots of you also had no or only a tiny bump in the early weeks.
Ahaha oh this made me laugh so much poor thing 😂😂

• Haha

I’mThankyou_

VIP Member
Another one of the old wives tales is if you have a posterior placenta it’s a boy 🤣 I find some of the old wives tales ridiculous 🤣 did any of them work for you guys? 🤔🤣
I had an anterior placenta with my son, and twin 2 who's a boy this time round also has an anterior placenta. Sorry to kill the tale off 😂

• Haha
Hey ladies! Just a quick one can't find much online (maybe I'm looking in the wrong place) those that are currently working at the work place what's the covid rules for when your 28 weeks pregnant have they now changed? In working from home but sometimes I need to do site visits (hard hat, steel toe cap boots the lot 😂) but my pregnancy is high risk? That's what's ticked in my notes anyway, should I be going out on site? I haven't had a risk assessment at work or anything) sorry for the rambling just can't find any info!

imaginedragon83

VIP Member
Can anyone who has already had a baby share their experience with labour starting? I’ve been having pains on and off all day and have googled it and still unsure if this is something starting or not 😂 would be nice to hear some first hand accounts x
My braxton hicks felt like someone was squeezing my belly or tying a belt tight around it. Whereas my labour pains were more like period pains that got more intense.

WhatABore

VIP Member
Quick Q for anyone who can help... can I eat cooked packaged chicken? I fancy a chicken sandwich at lunch but only option will be buying cooked chicken from supermarket as I am in work and can't cook it myself?
Yes you definitely can. Pretty much any packaged meat is fine

That’s a weight to be proud of 😂🙌🏼 Did you have a normal delivery with your second? I have hoped for a home birth but feel I may go to hospital to be on the safe side. They don’t want me to get to 40 weeks but I’ve definitely taken their estimates with a pinch of salt as like you where told - it can all be very wrong 😅
I did.
3rd degree tear though 😂 that was more down to the birth rather than her weight though

Pandapops82

Looking for some moral support 😪 I posted a couple of days ago that I had been having a lot of period like cramps and some backache and wondered is labour was impending (almost at due date now!). Since Thursday evening I've had a consistent tightening across my middle and top of my bump which I've not experienced this pregnancy as of yet! The only thing is, it's still happening.. there's no build up it's just consistent but it feels like I constantly need the toilet (sorry if TMI!) and nothing is easing the pains. Last night I barely slept and was throwing up for a long time. Did anyone else experience this at all? I spoke to my mum this morning who has said I should call the hospital but I'm so worried it's all just a false alarm and I don't want to waste their time X

Pandapops82

Still no baby here! Must be braxton hicks x
Same with me! Still lots of period cramp like pains and back pain but nothing has changed. How are you feeling x

Hello ladies! My little Dot arrived on Monday at 23:09 weighing 8lb 5oz!

The induction was completely fine!! In the end I didn’t need the gel I was already dilated so they just broke my waters and she came 11 hours later after about 3 hours of active labour and 2 pushes 😂😂 it was a surprise when she popped out for sure! It’s so true what they say about 2nd babies 😂
Awww congrats!! Xx

Jellybb

VIP Member
Not a silly question at all! So we got our results in two parts... they measured the NT and said there was a risk because it was quite high and then I had my bloods done straight after and then they called me the next day with the actual risk which I was 1/100 if that makes sense?
so Idid the NIPT the following week and they came back with the results as 1/10000 with a 99% accuracy whereas NT I believe is only in the 70s of accuracy. That’s what I was told anyway!
Thanks so much for the info 😊 I’m so new to all this and I was really worried because of my age (34) after my hospital scan today they said I am very low risk so I’m just being extra cautious by getting the NT done privately and also because my husband can attend 🙏🏾

imaginedragon83

VIP Member
Don’t worry it comes and goes how many weeks are you now? I was sick for the first time yesterday in weeks probably since 15 weeks and I am 23+ 6. The sickness is horrible but I know what you mean it kind of disappears and you think aaaaah
I'm 10+5....I think im worrying over nothing as I've come into the work kitchen for lunch and and smell of everyone's lunch nearly made me retch. 🤮
I always seem to be worse at the weekend maybe cos I am still hiding it in work I'm subconsciously holding back on giving into it? 😂

Nursty

VIP Member
We’ve gone for the joie versatrax bundle. Saw it in the shops and really liked it, felt nice to push and not too heavy etc. I ordered it when it was on as pre order thinking it wouldn’t come for at least a month but it turned up the following week 😂

Just googled yours, looks really nice! Similar colour to mine, can’t go wrong with grey
Ooooh I'm going for this too. Did you get it from online4baby? Which colour?! I like the grey and the sage colour

Definitelyme

VIP Member
Yess I feel you! I was doing some research on reusable nappies as I really want to give them a go and some of the websites said to make sure you buy 30 nappies so you can do up to 12 changes per day. Every two hours 😐 (obviously I know babies need changing very often but this put it in perspective a bit!)
The amount of nappies we (I used to work with one of the nappy libraries) used to quote was minimum 24 - 12 on the bum, 12 in the wash. That includes if you want to do overnight too. I don’t (haven’t found anything that stands up to my champion pissers!) so I would use about 7/8 nappies a day. I currently have 20 nappies for a younger baby, and I wash every day and a half. But they very quickly draw it out to only needing 5 or so changes a day (again not including nights) so then I could have fewer nappies, but I just wash less frequently. You can always buy some and see how you get on, and add more in if you find you need them.