Pregnancy #9 we love carbs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anybody else really suffering with dry nostrils now?
I don't know if it's a pregnancy thing or hayfever or both but ughhhh.
Spoke to the pharmacist at my GP and she was quite anti me taking any hayfever stuff although said it wasn't written off completely.
I've been using a saline nasal spray which basically just goes to my ears and blocks them. I've got a humidifier on at night, but I'm still waking up with my nose so dry that it's bleeding. 😭
Yes! I’ve never really had hay fever so I’m sure mine is only pregnancy related. I wake up feeling really bunged up but struggle to actually blow my nose, it’s very dry and there’s usually a little bit of dried blood on the tissue. I’ve done lots of googling and seems it’s normal and related to extra blood flow etc. I was going to suggest a humidifier or spray, maybe hanging your head over a bowl of steaming water? Mines bearable so I haven’t tried much yet but you’re definitely not alone. I expect if you also get hay fever it’ll be worse though so you’ve my sympathies!

Reactions: 3
has anyone managed to not gain any weight in first trimester? my BMI is high so I'm supposed to be not gaining any weight!
My BMI is high too. In my last 2 pregnancies I’ve lost around 2-3 stone with HG, in my last I managed to be around 10lbs under my start of pregnancy weight just before my baby was born and nearly 18lbs under after he was born. All gained back and then some during night feeds/not eating properly after mind you 🤣
Don’t panic too much if you do gain weight though, you’re under enough stress as it is just being pregnant! Im under the impression that it generally doesn’t matter too much unless you have other risk factors but it obviously does put you at higher risk for gestational diabetes etc. so just limit sugar intake and eat as well as you can with nausea/sickness etc and you will be ok. Saying that, the mere sight of a vegetable made me heave with my youngest and I lived on sips of full fat Coke as it was the only thing I could keep down for about 7 months so 🤷🏼‍♀️ He came out a lovely 8lb 7. It is what it is.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
has anyone managed to not gain any weight in first trimester? my BMI is high so I'm supposed to be not gaining any weight!
I only gained 2lbs throughout my whole pregnancy.
My first pregnancy my bmi was in the 50s and only gained half a stone.
I tried not to focus on it and just carry on as I was.
It's not easy though because not gaining weight is technically losing weight! It's hard!

Reactions: 6
Spoke to the pharmacist at my GP and she was quite anti me taking any hayfever stuff although said it wasn't written off completely.
I've been using a saline nasal spray which basically just goes to my ears and blocks them. I've got a humidifier on at night, but I'm still waking up with my nose so dry that it's bleeding. 😭
I had this. Really dry and itchy and then that weird sinus fizzy pain occasionally throughout the day. Was awful!

Reactions: 3
I have lost but only cos zero appetite and also throwing up so much. I am 100% sure I will make up for that once I get past this sickness

Yes!!!! I am really bad at the moment too!!

Whooping cough jab all done. Midwife after all good and got to listen to baby’s heartbeat. FaceTimed my mom and she sobbed haha. Husband gets to come to my 28 week appointment which is great news :)

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Just out of interest what are the things you have went off this pregnancy and what have you craved?
I've went off- noodles, chips, potato, things like cottage pie, bananas, fruit squash
So far only craved chicken ciabatta, rice pudding, lollies, melon

No tips sorry - just sympathy!! If someone else tells me to make the most of my sleep whilst I still can I may not be held responsible for my actions 😅 I’ve also somehow pulled a muscle in the left side of my lower back and so I can ONLY get comfortable on my right hand side and I wake up every time I move in bed 🤪 HELP I just want to sleep 😭

Ah so excited for you re the shopping, it is so good to look at stuff in person as opposed to on the internet! Do you feel like the last few weeks have flown by?! I worked out yesterday only got 3 months left at work - argh!
I have a shopping problem I know I am going to have to kick that habit a bit when the baby comes but feel so comfy in what I bought. Just some matching maternity sets from H&M so glad they fit. Have you bought a pram yet? Omg three months is nothing it really does seem like a week ago I had my 12 week scan it is flying by does it seem that way to you too? X

Just out of interest what are the things you have went off this pregnancy and what have you craved?
I've went off- noodles, chips, potato, things like cottage pie, bananas, fruit squash
I am obsessed with fruit I used to hate it and only had vegetables now I find I’m forcing veg abs obsessed with fruit. I have completely gone off Chinese takeaways and anything with garlic so odd because i used to love it 🤔

Reactions: 4
Had my first Pfizer jab yesterday and feeling absolutely fine today. Slightly sore / heavy arm but fine in myself. I did feel a bit anxious last night but that could be completely unrelated. From what I’ve gathered most side effects happen in the first 12-24 hours so hopefully I am in the clear. Can’t believe the second trimester begins tomorrow! Roll on clearer skin, more energy and feeling less like a dry, scaly, lazy, nauseous potato 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤗🤗

Reactions: 11
First trimester I went off basically everything lol. Now I’m 24 weeks I do not want chicken at all. I’ve gone right off peppers. I’m always craving a sandwich. I literally talked nonstop about sandwiches for like 10 mins at my colleague yesterday she was like are you ok? Lol.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
First trimester I went off basically everything lol. Now I’m 24 weeks I do not want chicken at all. I’ve gone right off peppers. I’m always craving a sandwich. I literally talked nonstop about sandwiches for like 10 mins at my colleague yesterday she was like are you ok? Lol.
With my first pregnancy I craved ice cream so much I used to Google HB Walls so I could look at all the ice cream, then buy one on the way home from work 😂😂😂

• Haha
I’m nearly 38 weeks and have had only had a couple of conversations about my birth plan with my midwife, with some slight guidance! I’d really recommend looking at some free online courses/maybe in person ones will be running soon. I did a free baby care course with The Baby Academy UK and they do some paid for antenatal ones. My hospital also have some free YouTube videos which were helpful too 😊
I’m 33 weeks and I did the baby academy (free one) and have paid for the other one that they do and that’s on June 5th for me. Covers labour/ birth/ first aid/ 4th trimester etc. Iv also been doing a hypnobirthing course with Better Birth stories and I have to say she’s really good. Great info and techniques. I don’t know if it will make a difference at all, this is my first baby. But I do feel better and a little prepared now. Xxx

Reactions: 5
I have a shopping problem I know I am going to have to kick that habit a bit when the baby comes but feel so comfy in what I bought. Just some matching maternity sets from H&M so glad they fit. Have you bought a pram yet? Omg three months is nothing it really does seem like a week ago I had my 12 week scan it is flying by does it seem that way to you too? X

I am obsessed with fruit I used to hate it and only had vegetables now I find I’m forcing veg abs obsessed with fruit. I have completely gone off Chinese takeaways and anything with garlic so odd because i used to love it 🤔
Chinese takeaway made me throw up so I'm right off it too...im scared to eat anything I like as there's a big chance I'll never eat it again! There's still foods i went off in my first pregnancy I still cqnt even look at (prawns and eggs)

I’m 33 weeks and I did the baby academy (free one) and have paid for the other one that they do and that’s on June 5th for me. Covers labour/ birth/ first aid/ 4th trimester etc. Iv also been doing a hypnobirthing course with Better Birth stories and I have to say she’s really good. Great info and techniques. I don’t know if it will make a difference at all, this is my first baby. But I do feel better and a little prepared now. Xxx
I found hypnobirthing amazing.but not in the way I expected. I didn't even really put any of the relaxation stuff into effect when I was actually in labour but it 100% calmed me right down before the birth and the whole perspective of how you perceive birth that you learn in hypnobirthing made me so relaxed.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Online shopping is so dangerous (and easy) whilst wfh haha. I am window shopping on the H&M website daily at the moment 😬 and yeah we have bought a pram but it’s on preorder with no lead time - bit risky! Where abouts are you going to look for yours? Have you got much other stuff bought yet?

Reactions: 1
With my first pregnancy I craved ice cream so much I used to Google HB Walls so I could look at all the ice cream, then buy one on the way home from work 😂😂😂
Oh i feel you, I google food all the time. I google restaurant menus and pick what I’d have. Not even local restaurants but ones in like Canada and at Disneyworld. I don’t know what that’s about.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Yeah I'm in NI too, I didn't get it first baby as I was under 35 but the midwife says as I am over 35 this time it will be offered to me and its entirely my choice to take it. BUT now that you say that, I think there's another test later on in pregnancy that's not done in NI, think it's only this one (scan and blood test) if you are over 35.

Yes that's the one. I dont know anyone that's had it so was curious!
My friend has just given birth to a gorgeous little girl. She had the NT test- it came back as high risk. She then went for the CVS test (I think that’s what it’s called) and it came back all fine. However, when she gave birth the other week, they discovered she has in fact has Down syndrome and it was missed. Obv she’s angry and confused- just navigating her way around her feelings.
Ever since then Iv been overly worrying about my baby- due in a few weeks. I didn’t realise that things like this could be missed.
Naive I know!
I had the NT test and it came back low risk, but thinking about it now, if I had declined it I think I would be worrying even more.
I’m sure whatever you decide to do will be right for you.
But I think all women should defo have the option to have the test xxxxxx

• Heart
Had my first Pfizer jab yesterday and feeling absolutely fine today. Slightly sore / heavy arm but fine in myself. I did feel a bit anxious last night but that could be completely unrelated. From what I’ve gathered most side effects happen in the first 12-24 hours so hopefully I am in the clear. Can’t believe the second trimester begins tomorrow! Roll on clearer skin, more energy and feeling less like a dry, scaly, lazy, nauseous potato 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤗🤗
So glad to hear this! Impatient to get mine - hopefully in the next few weeks 🤞🏼

I didnt gain any until the second trimester. I just got bloated in the first. Some women lose weight due to sickness. Dont worry too much about it lovely. If it doubt, speak to your midwife.

My friend has just given birth to a gorgeous little girl. She had the NT test- it came back as high risk. She then went for the CVS test (I think that’s what it’s called) and it came back all fine. However, when she gave birth the other week, they discovered she has in fact has Down syndrome and it was missed. Obv she’s angry and confused- just navigating her way around her feelings.
Ever since then Iv been overly worrying about my baby- due in a few weeks. I didn’t realise that things like this could be missed.
Naive I know!
I had the NT test and it came back low risk, but thinking about it now, if I had declined it I think I would be worrying even more.
I’m the same, I’m overly worried and paranoid. I think after my NT test I will probably opt for the harmony test while I’m still under the 20wk mark

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Naive I know!
Thats really upsetting that her test results came back with two different answers. Poor her 😕

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.