Pregnancy #9 we love carbs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I didnt gain any until the second trimester. I just got bloated in the first. Some women lose weight due to sickness. Dont worry too much about it lovely. If it doubt, speak to your midwife.
Iv gained about 4 kilos 🥴 not sure whether it’s the lockdown/furlough. I’m only 14 weeks and the bloating is EXTREME 🤣 I’m hoping a lot of this weight gain is down to the crazy bloating

Reactions: 3
I’m 33 weeks and I did the baby academy (free one) and have paid for the other one that they do and that’s on June 5th for me. Covers labour/ birth/ first aid/ 4th trimester etc. Iv also been doing a hypnobirthing course with Better Birth stories and I have to say she’s really good. Great info and techniques. I don’t know if it will make a difference at all, this is my first baby. But I do feel better and a little prepared now. Xxx
I was wondering how you were getting on from seeing you on the first pregnancy threads. Glad you have found some good courses to do :)

re the NT test...
The test might not make any difference in terms of choosing to end the pregnancy but an Edwards diagnosis for instance can mean the pregnancy will naturally end and not result in a live baby. I would much rather know personally, than prepare for a baby that was never going to come.
Also, having a diagnosis before baby arrives can mean a better supported pregnancy medically and an opportunity to put things in place before baby arrives.
It seems like the NI not doing the test doesn’t take that into account which is really unfair.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
It seems like the NI not doing the test doesn’t take that into account which is really unfair.
Because we (and by we I mean our politicians) are stuck in the dark ages 🙄
Luckily (although I use the word loosely) my friend had edwards syndrome picked up on the 20 week scan so she was able to prepare more for the outcome.

Reactions: 7
Because we (and by we I mean our politicians) are stuck in the dark ages 🙄
Luckily (although I use the word loosely) my friend had edwards syndrome picked up on the 20 week scan so she was able to prepare more for the outcome.
Same in the republic! Absolute dark ages carry on 🙄 it would be excellent if this was included in the 12 week scan as it would allow people to make a proper decision of whether or not to continue with the pregnancy

Reactions: 4
Just coming on to vent, I just feel like baby isn't wanting to come at all 😭 I've had two attempts at stretch and sweeps but the midwives have said my cervix is only open by 1cm but not thin enough to sweep around the waters. Booked in again for next Tuesday and then will discuss induction if nothing happens. Just feeling so tired, cramping and tightenings but feels like I'm not making any progress 😪 I know I will have my baby when she's ready but I just didn't expect to feel so tired and struggling at this point after a smooth pregnancy x

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
Just coming on to vent, I just feel like baby isn't wanting to come at all 😭 I've had two attempts at stretch and sweeps but the midwives have said my cervix is only open by 1cm but not thin enough to sweep around the waters. Booked in again for next Tuesday and then will discuss induction if nothing happens. Just feeling so tired, cramping and tightenings but feels like I'm not making any progress 😪 I know I will have my baby when she's ready but I just didn't expect to feel so tired and struggling at this point after a smooth pregnancy x
I feel ya! I’m 40+3 today but not booked for a sweep until Tuesday next week and induction 5or 6 days later if he’s still a no show! Just so fed up my husband doesn’t get it he just keeps telling me to stop worrying he will come when he’s ready. My feet are so swollen I can’t get shoes on and my back is in agony and I just really want to meet my baby! Feeling really nervous about sweeps and inductions etc fingers crossed your wee one makes an appearance soon x

• Heart
I feel ya! I’m 40+3 today but not booked for a sweep until Tuesday next week and induction 5or 6 days later if he’s still a no show! Just so fed up my husband doesn’t get it he just keeps telling me to stop worrying he will come when he’s ready. My feet are so swollen I can’t get shoes on and my back is in agony and I just really want to meet my baby! Feeling really nervous about sweeps and inductions etc fingers crossed your wee one makes an appearance soon x
Snap I'm same dates as you! Just exhausted and feeling like I'm stuck at a stand still. I really feel you 😔 I think it doesn't help that I cant just have friends or family over to distract me so each day feels the same. Sending you positive thoughts x

Prob a very silly question but I’m new to all this! Did you get the results of the NT there and then? It’s not part of the 12 week scan here so I had to book it up the country privately 🙄

Yes Ireland gets the raw deal 🤣 I asked what my baby’s heart rate was today and the sonographer said they don’t check it 🤣 I can’t wait to get to that private clinic on Friday 🤣 the UK girlies really don’t know how lucky you are! It’s like the 1950s here
It's so annoying that their isn't really a set system across all the hospitals here in Ireland, I suppose its due down to how busy certain areas are, they can't facilitate an anomaly scan for everyone, up until recently I thought they were a given in every hospital Its such a pity you won't and have to pay privately for one if you want it! I'm obviously very lucky in my hospital as far as I am aware everyone gets one and they seem to do a little mini scan at each hospital appointment. Do you think you will book another scan at around 20 weeks, do you want to know the gender?
Also going back a bit to hospital food, I work in a hospital and the food is definitely not amazing but I was so pleasantly surprised by the food in the maternity hospital when I had my first, I had one of the best panna cotta I've ever had, I would love one right now actually!

Reactions: 2
Is it normal to have ligament pain just above the groin? I picked up my son to get him out the car and I had a sharp pain like ligament pain and now to the left above my groin is a bit sore. I’m certain it is but I need some reassurance lovely ladies 😂😣

Anybody else really suffering with dry nostrils now?
I don't know if it's a pregnancy thing or hayfever or both but ughhhh.
Spoke to the pharmacist at my GP and she was quite anti me taking any hayfever stuff although said it wasn't written off completely.
I've been using a saline nasal spray which basically just goes to my ears and blocks them. I've got a humidifier on at night, but I'm still waking up with my nose so dry that it's bleeding. 😭
I suffer badly with hayfever so I’ve been prescribed tablets. Not sure what they are as collecting them after work but I spoke to 2 doctors and a pharmacist and they were all hesitant at tablets until I explained how bad it was. Over the weekend I was told to take piriton 4mg until I get my prescription.

I’ve noticed a few posts about vaccines here, why are people more concerned about what symptoms they have rather than what it can do to the baby? My main concern was that it would effect the baby...how could they possibly have evidence to suggest it won’t effect the baby?? no judgement or hate just would like to hear that side of it...

Reactions: 9
I’ve noticed a few posts about vaccines here, why are people more concerned about what symptoms they have rather than what it can do to the baby? My main concern was that it would effect the baby...how could they possibly have evidence to suggest it won’t effect the baby?? no judgement or hate just would like to hear that side of it...
My worry is what if it affected the baby....I'm totally pro vaccine so the only thing making me worry about unborn baby vs my son who is 4 is with the baby in the womb I can't see what's going on...if that makes sense? Like I cant see if anything was happening and wouldn't know to seek medical help. I think I am being really overly worried for nothing but I need to just have a little reassurance and then ill be OK.

Reactions: 5
There is no evidence to suggest it won't cause any harm to the unborn baby or that it will so its kinda one of those ones that comes down to personal choice. There have been reports that suggest catching covid in 3rd tri ca cause preterm labour and in general you can be more unwell with it, so maybe woman with underlying conditions feel it best for them.
I wouldn't do it when pregnant (or after but that's a whole other kettle of fish) but it's totally down to personal preference and being able to weigh up the pros and cons for you.

Reactions: 7
My worry is what if it affected the baby....I'm totally pro vaccine so the only thing making me worry about unborn baby vs my son who is 4 is with the baby in the womb I can't see what's going on...if that makes sense? Like I cant see if anything was happening and wouldn't know to seek medical help. I think I am being really overly worried for nothing but I need to just have a little reassurance and then ill be OK.
yes exactly this, there isn’t any data or information to show what it could do to the baby.
Im just going to wait until after the pregnancy, it’s just not worth the risk for me. I guess you have to look into the risk of wether you will get covid but being pregnant you are over cautious anyway. I don’t see why you would have it.
I wouldn’t be to worried about it anyway. Just be vigilant and have it after 👍🏼

There is no evidence to suggest it won't cause any harm to the unborn baby or that it will so its kinda one of those ones that comes down to personal choice. There have been reports that suggest catching covid in 3rd tri ca cause preterm labour and in general you can be more unwell with it, so maybe woman with underlying conditions feel it best for them.
I wouldn't do it when pregnant (or after but that's a whole other kettle of fish) but it's totally down to personal preference and being able to weigh up the pros and cons for you.
yes I totally understand that! I agree with some of your points. It was just a little triggering to see so many ppl celebrating that they have had it andthey feel fine when there Is this whole other risk. It’s not something I would celebrate. I’d be terrified. Well I am. We all probably are.

It's so annoying that their isn't really a set system across all the hospitals here in Ireland, I suppose its due down to how busy certain areas are, they can't facilitate an anomaly scan for everyone, up until recently I thought they were a given in every hospital Its such a pity you won't and have to pay privately for one if you want it! I'm obviously very lucky in my hospital as far as I am aware everyone gets one and they seem to do a little mini scan at each hospital appointment. Do you think you will book another scan at around 20 weeks, do you want to know the gender?
Also going back a bit to hospital food, I work in a hospital and the food is definitely not amazing but I was so pleasantly surprised by the food in the maternity hospital when I had my first, I had one of the best panna cotta I've ever had, I would love one right now actually!
I know! It’s a joke where I am. There is one maternity to cater for all of the Midwest! I had my first maternity appointment yest and I saw a really lovely doctor and he explained to me, although I am low risk he will still go ahead and book me in for the anomaly scan which is great 😊 but I booked an early pregnancy scan weeks ago and a I have the private nt scan tomorrow just so my husband can be a part of it because it’s so unfair on the fathers. I am going to also book a gender scan for 16weeks because I’m dying to know! Yes this is probably the most scanned baby in Ireland but it’s my first and it has taken so long 🥴🤣

Ooooh I'm going for this too. Did you get it from online4baby? Which colour?! I like the grey and the sage colour
Yeah I did! I wasn’t sure if it was a legit site at first haha but lots of good reviews and they have loads on there - I’ve been looking at Moses baskets too.

I liked both of those colours too but ended up going for grey. We’ve only had the car seats out to look at so far but the quality is lovely, they feel really robust but lovely and soft inside for the baby. Great price too for all the bits!

• Heart
Online shopping is so dangerous (and easy) whilst wfh haha. I am window shopping on the H&M website daily at the moment 😬 and yeah we have bought a pram but it’s on preorder with no lead time - bit risky! Where abouts are you going to look for yours? Have you got much other stuff bought yet?
I’ve bought nothing like the only thing I have are private scan pictures i just don’t want to buy stuff and have it lying around and also I want more autumn fashion before I go mad buying. I will probably just wait as long as I can then go and buy everything on one day like a nutcase apart from a pram. I think I have decided on the Stokke Explory from the reviews but I want to go and see one so I think I have to go to John Lewis so will probably go in the next 5 weeks maybe. My partner thinks a I get a delivery everyday and yes I do 🤣 but I just burn the cardboard boxes now so there is no evidence haha. Did you find pram shopping enjoyable or did you do it online? There is this amazing leopard outfit on h and m looks like pyjamas but I am living for it x

Just to echo what others have said as I think you were referring to my earlier post, my personal view is that the vaccine is safe - data from the US has shown that there are no safety concerns with the MRNA vaccines in pregnant people. Of course there are unknowns but pregnancy is just 9 months of unknown in my opinion and with no real evidence to suggest either way I’d rather get the vaccine and remove the (known) risk that Covid can cause more serious side effects in pregnancy. There’s also the very real risk of long Covid which IMO scares me more than the initial infection - in some cases sounds incredibly serious and would almost certainly impact the ability to look after a baby!

It is absolutely a personal choice and I totally understand why people are hesitant to have it during pregnancy 🙂 my MIL has had some fairly serious side effects from having the vaccine so I am definitely not taking this decision lightly!

I’ve bought nothing like the only thing I have are private scan pictures i just don’t want to buy stuff and have it lying around and also I want more autumn fashion before I go mad buying. I will probably just wait as long as I can then go and buy everything on one day like a nutcase apart from a pram. I think I have decided on the Stokke Explory from the reviews but I want to go and see one so I think I have to go to John Lewis so will probably go in the next 5 weeks maybe. My partner thinks a I get a delivery everyday and yes I do 🤣 but I just burn the cardboard boxes now so there is no evidence haha. Did you find pram shopping enjoyable or did you do it online? There is this amazing leopard outfit on h and m looks like pyjamas but I am living for it x
OMG the baby leopard print stuff IS amazing - I might buy the next size up in those so they get more chance of being worn! Defo go to JL - they are really good there. They didn’t have the pushchair we wanted but our friends have one so we pushed it around the park for a bit and yep that was enough!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
FWIW I was told by the midwife that the Harmony test will be available on the NHS from June onwards. Too late for me but hopefully it will help a lot of other new mums to be.

I mentioned it to the sonographer but she hadn’t been made aware.

• Heart
FWIW I was told by the midwife that the Harmony test will be available on the NHS from June onwards. Too late for me but hopefully it will help a lot of other new mums to be.

I mentioned it to the sonographer but she hadn’t been made aware.
That is excellent news 🎉

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.