Pregnancy #9 we love carbs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s the shouting and the 4am martyr breastfeeding posts that kill me. Like just get on with it. That beautiful baby looks terrified when she’s shouting into her phone
I’ve just seen something this morning of her shouting some made up song over the baby because she doesn’t want to breastfeed. She’s awful - the kind of person who makes me dread motherhood! I am unfollowing anybody who doesn’t fill me with happy vibes, online and in real life. I’m not stupid and I know it’ll be hard but I don’t need the 8 months prior to be full of worry about how hard it’ll be on top of that. I firmly believe so much in life is mindset and surrounding yourself with supportive and positive vibes / people.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
God Kate lawler is ridiculous! I feel sorry for her child wondering if she’ll ever see what she’s posted online.

the first few weeks of newborn life was so tough. On day 3 I sat crying to my husband how life would never be normal again, how we can’t leave the house, sleep, eat or do anything. It makes me laugh now but it is a culture shock! As anything, you get used to it and it becomes second nature very quickly.
My advice is to follow your gut, be kind to yourself and go with the flow. People wouldnt have more children if it was so horrible!

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
I’ve just seen something this morning of her shouting some made up song over the baby because she doesn’t want to breastfeed. She’s awful - the kind of person who makes me dread motherhood! I am unfollowing anybody who doesn’t fill me with happy vibes, online and in real life. I’m not stupid and I know it’ll be hard but I don’t need the 8 months prior to be full of worry about how hard it’ll be on top of that. I firmly believe so much in life is mindset and surrounding yourself with supportive and positive vibes / people.
She also has a night nanny🤷‍♀️ I recommend her thread on here it’s very interesting ....

Reactions: 2
She truly is awful! If you are looking to follow someone positive there is an Irish influencers/salon owner. She has a lovely story, she IS infertile, after many failed attempts she had a baby via ivf 6 years ago, was told she would never have a child naturally only to discover she is 5 months pregnant recently! She’s really positive and so grateful (also gives great hair advise😅) I’ll attach an pic of her insta handle if you want to check her out 😌

Attachments

Reactions: 6
the first few weeks of newborn life was so tough. On day 3 I sat crying to my husband how life would never be normal again, how we can’t leave the house, sleep, eat or do anything. It makes me laugh now but it is a culture shock!
I remember doing exactly the same on day 3 as well! Also thought I’d never be able to eat properly without a baby on me again 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Hello ladies! My little Dot arrived on Monday at 23:09 weighing 8lb 5oz!

The induction was completely fine!! In the end I didn’t need the gel I was already dilated so they just broke my waters and she came 11 hours later after about 3 hours of active labour and 2 pushes 😂😂 it was a surprise when she popped out for sure! It’s so true what they say about 2nd babies 😂
Aww congratulations!! Wow that’s a great birth story. Hope you’re doing well xx

Day 3 was also the worst for me 😂 I can look back and laugh now though
Oh yes day 3 is usually when the hormones are the worst too. I had a lovely no-nonsense midwife first time and she told me to juat remember all those hormones are the reason for so much of the emotions at the start. Esp the crappy feelings!!

Currently packing my hospital bag, I’m following the list on the NHS website but I just have so much stuff to take! Struggling to fit it all into a little pull along suitcase (hand luggage size). What bags did you all use?

Reactions: 4
Currently packing my hospital bag, I’m following the list on the NHS website but I just have so much stuff to take! Struggling to fit it all into a little pull along suitcase (hand luggage size). What bags did you all use?
I used a hand luggage size case and then took the baby change bag with all the baby stuff. Also ended up with a carrier bag with the nappies in it separately and then another bag with snacks and water 😂😂😂 and my husband still ended up bringing stuff in the following day.
I'm the same when i go away...I pack as much for one night as I do for a week

Can anyone recommend any good pregnancy leggings, like really thick ones?
I have zara leggings I wear constantly they are thick like a pair of trousers but are skinny and no button/zip. I love them for work but I'm already feeling squeezed by afternoon time 😂😂

Reactions: 6
Same with me! Still lots of period cramp like pains and back pain but nothing has changed. How are you feeling x

Awww congrats!! Xx
I’m feeling ok still just the same type of pains too and been feeling really nauseous? Hopefully it won’t be long for us now x

I’m feeling ok still just the same type of pains too and been feeling really nauseous? Hopefully it won’t be long for us now x
Yes I have been the same! Feeling really queasy all the time, poorly tummy (tmi) so fingers crossed for us both! X

Having a bit of a wobble today. Booked in for a private early scan on Saturday, when I should be 7+3. The website for the company says it's an abdominal scan only (they don't offer internal at all) so be sure of your dates before you book - anytime from 7 weeks.

Anyway, I'm 90% sure my dates are right, but my worry is that last time I had a smear they told me my uterus was very tilted, so I'm worried they won't see anything through the scan. I had a blighted ovum a few years ago and I'm finding the idea of a scan a bit triggering (although waiting until my NHS scan also frightens me), and I'm worried that if they don't find anything it'll bring a lot of feelings back.

Anyone got any experience on this?

• Heart
Having a bit of a wobble today. Booked in for a private early scan on Saturday, when I should be 7+3. The website for the company says it's an abdominal scan only (they don't offer internal at all) so be sure of your dates before you book - anytime from 7 weeks.

Anyway, I'm 90% sure my dates are right, but my worry is that last time I had a smear they told me my uterus was very tilted, so I'm worried they won't see anything through the scan. I had a blighted ovum a few years ago and I'm finding the idea of a scan a bit triggering (although waiting until my NHS scan also frightens me), and I'm worried that if they don't find anything it'll bring a lot of feelings back.

Ahh that’s annoying they don’t offer TV scans. Can you change the date and hold out for another week or so just to be on the safe side? You’re probably much more likely to see something from 8 weeks x

Ahh that’s annoying they don’t offer TV scans. Can you change the date and hold out for another week or so just to be on the safe side? You’re probably much more likely to see something from 8 weeks x
I thought about it, but from what I've heard from other women with the same issue, they needed TV scans even at their 12 week dating scan to find something. Which is fine once I get to the NHS stage.

I've found another private scan company that do internal scans, but they're twice the price and I can't afford to pay that AND lose the deposit on the one I have booked. I'm tempted to go on Saturday, see what happens and rebook with the other company if there's an issue.

All my symptoms are getting worse, so I'm hoping that's a good sign. I'm just terrified of getting any further and finding out there's nothing there again. :cry:

• Heart
Quick question for anyone who’s already had babies...I keep looking at “influencer” mums complaining about how hard the newborn stage is, how they don’t have time to shower or eat, how awful it all is and it’s starting to freak me out a bit. I’m expecting it to be hard but is it really that bad?! I’m so excited and now after seeing some posts online I’m just a bit scared - don’t know whether I’m being a bit naive about how hard it really is or whether it’s just a race to the bottom for them of who had it the toughest for social media engagement. Think I’m just having an anxious day!
Some days are hard, yes.
But I think influencers are way over the top and it seems to be the 'in' thing to not have your tit together at all and almost seems like a competition of who can do the least and who has the least amount of time.
I've found plenty of time to shower and I've not missed a single meal and that's with an 8 year old, 3 year old and a newborn and my partner works nights.
You find time, you make time. You prioritise what's important.

Reactions: 14

I would imagine that if they don’t see anything, they’ll do a rescan and let you go back a week or so later?

I used a hand luggage size case and then took the baby change bag with all the baby stuff. Also ended up with a carrier bag with the nappies in it separately and then another bag with snacks and water 😂😂😂 and my husband still ended up bringing stuff in the following day.
I'm the same when i go away...I pack as much for one night as I do for a week

Can anyone recommend any good pregnancy leggings, like really thick ones?
I have zara leggings I wear constantly they are thick like a pair of trousers but are skinny and no button/zip. I love them for work but I'm already feeling squeezed by afternoon time 😂😂
Sweaty Betty leggings are amazing not see through I am still wearing a medium even with a larger bump now I bought the 7/8 because I am short and they fit really well.

I bet new born life is difficult but my step son was wonderful baby and my partner will be there if I need a shower how ridiculous to try and convince us we can’t shower etc Kate L was really irritating on celebrity bumps. Millions of women have had children successfully in all cultures some with no or limited resources I think we will all be ok x

Reactions: 5
I would imagine that if they don’t see anything, they’ll do a rescan and let you go back a week or so later?
I think I've read a couple of reviews that say that - it's more I'm worried about putting myself through that moment again where they say they can't see anything. I think I'm just spiralling, I've been so positive about it all so far but I didn't realise how triggering the whole scan thing was going to be.

• Heart

I'm in the same boat as you - I'm 7 weeks tomorrow and I have an early scan booked for Saturday because I've been so worried about things going wrong. I have decided to cancel it now because I am worried that they won't see anything which will in turn cause me to worry (when there may be no need to worry) and also because I figured even if I do see something, there's still no guarantee things will remain ok. I'm going to sit tight until my 12 week scan now which is 10 June (it was originally 14 June but I asked if I could have the earliest possible appointment) which I'll be 12 weeks by that point.

I'm so worried about everything, I'm such a pessimist but I'm just going to try and wait it out now. I have a midwife appointment on 20 May so I'm hoping that will reassure me ahead of my scan.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.