Pregnancy #9 we love carbs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ladies please tell me if I'm being mad??

I was just in the bath and SWEAR I could feel a couple of movements. The first was like a subtle kind of stroke or sweep from left to right, as if they turned around, and then a couple of more subtle fluttery/bubbly feelings. I'm 15 weeks tomorrow, reckon it could have been?? I cried 🙈🤣

I know it could have been gas or something but it felt very different... a very weird sensation! The long one made me jump 😅
Sounds like it to me! I’ve been getting something very similar since about 15 weeks as well and now at 18 weeks I’m pretty sure it can’t all be gas?! 🤔😂

Reactions: 1
I did have a similar experience - I went at what I thought was 6 weeks to meet my doctor and she couldn’t see anything on an abdominal or vaginal ultrasound. She did a HCG test and it was around 45000 but my test two days later was only slightly elevated (less than 46000). Assuming the worst, I went to the EPU the following day (had no bleeding so was expecting to discuss next steps). She did a vaginal scan and there was a tiny tiny heartbeat. I had just been too early and it was too small to see four days prior. Apparently two different labs processed the bloods which can cause an inaccurate reading and my EPU scan put me at just 6 weeks exactly so it had simply been too small to see. Also once a baby’s heartbeat starts to happen, the HCG levels sometimes don’t follow the doubling every 48hrs pattern. It really gave me a lot of anxiety for a few weeks expecting something was definitely going to go wrong but I’m now 12w6d and everything looks good. Your dates can be out even with a regular cycle, you can ovulate and then even implant late so you could just be too early for anything to be picked up. Easier said than done but try to distract yourself as much as possible until your next bloods. Keeping everything crossed for you lovely ❤
Thank you so much for taking the time to reply, I really appreciate it ☺
I’m so glad everything worked out for you. I’m hoping that’ll be the case and it’ll all be ok, it’s just hard after all the negative things they told me today. I still feel pregnant and no major cramps or bleeding so we shall see. Crappy tv will be my best friend til then ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Anyone any tips for morning sickness seems to hit at the same time in the afternoon everyday for a hour or 2 🤢😅 I’m 14 weeks so hoping it eases soon
Well worth seeing if your GP will prescribe you Cyclizine. You’d only need to low dose as your symptoms are mild but it would definitely help x

Anyone any tips for morning sickness seems to hit at the same time in the afternoon everyday for a hour or 2 🤢😅 I’m 14 weeks so hoping it eases soon
I swear to god cola cubes keep my sickness at bay! I dread washing my hair because I have to vomit everytime 🥴

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply, I really appreciate it ☺
I’m so glad everything worked out for you. I’m hoping that’ll be the case and it’ll all be ok, it’s just hard after all the negative things they told me today. I still feel pregnant and no major cramps or bleeding so we shall see. Crappy tv will be my best friend til then ❤
Hey.
I'm usually a lurker but I noticed your post and thought I'd answer as a similar thing happened to me too.

I found out I was pregnant about 2/3w after conception through mainly pains in my lower right side (endometriosis) and the GP suspected ectopic so was sent under hospital care for monitoring due to the endo.

Bloods done like you for weeks, hgc going up (good sign) and scanning every 4 days but nothing was showing on the ultrasound at all so they were quite worried.

Long story short, little bean showed in my 7th scan in 3 weeks in the womb at about 6w + 6 days, as small as half a grain of rice, consultant could see him but the sonographer couldn't, I'm now 37w!

It's a worrying & testing time so I feel for you, but hopefully with hgc rising they'll pick bean up soon!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
So I ordered some tiny clothes on H&M and wanted to send a picture to my mom, because they're so adorable. The look on my cat's face though 😂 I'm howling, poor thing, it's gonna hit her like a truck!
View attachment 562386

I'm around 14/15 weeks now and still no visible bump. But I figure she'll show up soon enough, for now I'm happy I can still fit in my jeans 😅
Good to know that lots of you also had no or only a tiny bump in the early weeks.
Ahaha oh this made me laugh so much poor thing 😂😂

• Haha
Omg I have been wondering where you all disappeared to and there’s a whole new thread with 12 pages 🙈🙈
Has anyone else had a family member let slip that your pregnant to loads of other family members when you weren’t planning on telling them yet? This has happened to us and I’m so annoyed about it 🤯

Also I’m 10 weeks now with my second baby and I honestly think I have a small bump?! Or am I just fat.. 😂

Reactions: 4
What are everyone’s opinions on announcing births/pregnancies on social media? I personally don’t do it, I tell my my friends/work pals/family on our WhatsApp groups but wouldn’t announce it publicly on my page.

My dad gets so annoyed at me like I’m being purposely secretive about it and like I only want certain people to know, but the honest reason is I hate having to like and say thank you to all of the comments on a post like that it just takes so much time and the whole thing just makes me cringe. I feel like if I’ve told the people I actually know in person and see regularly who else even cares? I just don’t see the point in it!

Reactions: 13
I totally get you with the mother thing, I was dreading telling mine as knew her reaction would be tit. Waited until 20 weeks at Christmas. I told her and she couldn't stop going on about how she was so "disappointed", "I don't want to be a grandma", "why would you do that" (I am still bitter af about it 😂 ). But despite how "disappointed" she was, she's bought the travel system and half the baby boys section on the Next website, so maybe something has switched or my stepdad made her feel guilty about her initial reaction.

She sent me a text yesterday saying she told the women at her hairdressers and they were all soooooo excited for me... I really wanted to snap back and be like "at least someone was happy when they found out" but my partner told me it's really not worth the argument.

My dad is also annoying, haven't physically seen him in 10 years and all of a sudden he gives a tit with annoying texts.
Are you fairly young @moimoi? To have a parent be annoyed i was pregnant would def piss me off 🤐🤨. Im 33 so both our parents were hoping and praying for a baby soon. Haha

Reactions: 2
What are everyone’s opinions on announcing births/pregnancies on social media? I personally don’t do it, I tell my my friends/work pals/family on our WhatsApp groups but wouldn’t announce it publicly on my page.

My dad gets so annoyed at me like I’m being purposely secretive about it and like I only want certain people to know, but the honest reason is I hate having to like and say thank you to all of the comments on a post like that it just takes so much time and the whole thing just makes me cringe. I feel like if I’ve told the people I actually know in person and see regularly who else even cares? I just don’t see the point in it!
I’ve hardly posted on social media for months and have decided to not post a pregnancy announcement and I doubt I’ll post a birth one either. I’ve enjoyed telling people I actually know and see and care about directly. I deleted lots of randoms (the old school or work colleagues I wouldn’t even bother going out of my way to say hello to in person), but the rest of the people I just don’t feel need to know. I’m not saying I’ll keep it a secret and might at some point post a picture with a bump showing or a baby pic but I just think an announcement to essentially people I don’t see regularly or have in my life seems a bit pointless and like you say you then need to feign interest and thanks, when you’ll frankly have better things to do with a newborn. Perhaps let your dad post if he wants if it means so much to him but set it up so that it doesn’t show up on your page I’m sure it’s just coming from a place of excitement and wanting to tell the world about a new grandchild. I think my mum has told just about everyone she’s met as I keep getting texts like “the window cleaner said congratulations” but that’s fine, I don’t feel the same need. I’ve been congratulated by people who will be in the baby’s life and that’s enough for me.

Reactions: 5

We did announce it on social media but I don’t think you should be made to feel like you have to if you don’t want to.

I have quite a few people on mine that I don’t see or speak to very often but that I would still like to know (ex colleagues who are now in different teams, extended family on my partners side that don’t live in this country) so doing a post just felt like the easy way to share it with everyone. We did tell our families and friends a few weeks before that though, the post came after we had our 12 week scan.

I haven’t shared much since then though. A few girls I know who are pregnant are posting bump selfies every week, all the bits they buy for the baby etc. I feel like that sort of stuff I just show directly to people who are actually interested!

Reactions: 8

I personally don't with pregnancy. And haven't with any of mine. I only use Instagram now anyway and a couple weeks after they were born, I did post a photo with their name and a photo of their little hand as I don't post their photos online anyway.
But then all my Instagram is closeish friends and family. Don't have, many people on there.

It's all personal choice though. Everyone is different 😊

I’m planning on doing a Kylie “next thing I knew I was pregnant” Jenner and just going to turn up with a baby post one day on my page 😅.
We’re going to tell all our friends and family in person and I still go into work so everyone there will know. I have so many randoms on my Facebook I don’t feel comfortable posting until the birth. Everyone is different though and do whatever you feel comfortable with 🤷‍♀️.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I’m planning on doing a Kylie “next thing I knew I was pregnant” Jenner and just going to turn up with a baby post one day on my page 😅.
We’re going to tell all our friends and family in person and I still go into work so everyone there will know. I have so many randoms on my Facebook I don’t feel comfortable posting until the birth. Everyone is different though and do whatever you feel comfortable with 🤷‍♀️.
I know someone who did this, we were friends in school and she only told close family and friends she was pregnant. Then one day a photo of her newborn baby popped up on my feed! Definitely had the surprise element 😂

Reactions: 5

I decided not to post it on any social media, just because like most people have already said, I wanted to tell my friends and family myself and then once I did I thought do I really need Facebook to know?! It's worked out well, there have been a couple of times I've been tagged in something baby related in the comments that I've had to awkwardly ask to be untagged in (why Facebook has this feature is mad!). I'm not sure if I'll do something when baby arrives, maybe something just with her hand or once I've done a cull of friends after a couple of weeks x

I'm the same, I haven't announced my pregnancy on social media at all. Lots of people still have no idea. I can't be bothered with the fuss and don't need any more annoying people in my life asking 'how are things?' (code for: is the baby here). I won't do a Facebook announcement when he's here, I barely use it anyway. Maybe down the line I might put an IG Story or something up, I don't know though. I could never be an influencer!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.