Pregnancy #60

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We’ve been gifted a Sliver Cross wayfayrer pram from Mr 10’s family member and it’s in amazing condition apart fro the car seat so we want to get a new car seat with an isofix that would fit the pram.

Just wondering if any of you had any suggestions? Preferably something that’s not too expensive x

The back support I’ve got and most of the ones on Amazon only really support/help your lower back :( might still be worth trying in case helping your lower back takes some tension off the upper. I’m the same though, my upper back KILLS. I had a massage on Thursday and it’s wore off now so I’m back to square one
This is what I’m finding, I have one already and it’s just not cutting it!
we’ll just have to have massages every week at this rate 😅

33 working days to go. I can do this, can't I?!
I say that while sat here wanting to tell everyone in the office to f off and just pay me to nap 🙃

• Haha
Reactions: 10
@Amylaauren I think you have your 20 week scan today. Good luck!

I have mine tomorrow and I'm so excited to find out the sex.
I do this afternoon!! Thanks so much, feeling so excited (for once) 🥰 still not finding out the sex though haha!

good luck for tomorrow, I hope it’s everything you want xx

• Heart
Reactions: 6
33 working days to go. I can do this, can't I?!
I say that while sat here wanting to tell everyone in the office to f off and just pay me to nap 🙃
I have 12 working days over the next month. I definitely checked out mentally a while ago.

So looking forward to not having to sit at a desk all day and act like I want to be here.

Reactions: 2
I have 12 working days over the next month. I definitely checked out mentally a while ago.

So looking forward to not having to sit at a desk all day and act like I want to be here.
I don't even pretend to want to be here anymore, I ask every 20 minutes if I can go home yet, surprised I've not been sacked tbh 😆🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Hi ladies, just popping in to ask did anybody have a change in how movements felt when baby turned head down? I have an anterior placenta but still felt movements on my right side from 17 weeks and most of my movements stayed there until last Tuesday and were very very frequent with strong kicks most of the day. Baby has turned head down now and since Tuesday last week the movements have felt so much less frequent than before and I’m not feeling big movements anymore, much smaller movements and more like swishes and rolls than kicks. He is facing my left side now so not sure if it might just be my placenta cushioning it but I’m almost 29 weeks so still worried. I’ve been in 4 times for a CTG since Tuesday, the last time being last night and I’ve had an NHS scan and private scan as well which were both fine but I still can’t stop worrying because it’s so different to how it felt before and nobody can seem to give me an explanation, all they say is “we always want to see you if you’re worried about movements” I can’t go in several times a day every day. Just not sure what to do

Reactions: 1
Hi ladies, just popping in to ask did anybody have a change in how movements felt when baby turned head down? I have an anterior placenta but still felt movements on my right side from 17 weeks and most of my movements stayed there until last Tuesday and were very very frequent with strong kicks most of the day. Baby has turned head down now and since Tuesday last week the movements have felt so much less frequent than before and I’m not feeling big movements anymore, much smaller movements and more like swishes and rolls than kicks. He is facing my left side now so not sure if it might just be my placenta cushioning it but I’m almost 29 weeks so still worried. I’ve been in 4 times for a CTG since Tuesday, the last time being last night and I’ve had an NHS scan and private scan as well which were both fine but I still can’t stop worrying because it’s so different to how it felt before and nobody can seem to give me an explanation, all they say is “we always want to see you if you’re worried about movements” I can’t go in several times a day every day. Just not sure what to do
Mine felt more like swishes and rolls for a few weeks and pushes like he was trying to burst his way out of the sides and I’d see a foot poking out. The actual kicks were much less noticeable as he got bigger.

But if you are worried do keep going back

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Yes! Mine have changed since he’s head down, definitely more swishes and rolls than kicks and in a different place (obvs because he is 🤣) but same, they just keep saying come in and see us. Which I totally get because they arent going to risk saying no it’s fine and something bad happen, but when I went in I did have a midwife say the type of movement might feel slightly different but it should be just as strong / at the same times of day if they are on a schedule, and if that changes then come in.

So I feel like I have a new “normal” compared to earlier on but even when I was explaining this to my midwife she just said ring up if you’re worried. I said but I’m always worried 🤣

• Heart
Yes! Mine have changed since he’s head down, definitely more swishes and rolls than kicks and in a different place (obvs because he is 🤣) but same, they just keep saying come in and see us. Which I totally get because they arent going to risk saying no it’s fine and something bad happen, but when I went in I did have a midwife say the type of movement might feel slightly different but it should be just as strong / at the same times of day if they are on a schedule, and if that changes then come in.

So I feel like I have a new “normal” compared to earlier on but even when I was explaining this to my midwife she just said ring up if you’re worried. I said but I’m always worried 🤣
Yes, exactly that, what are we supposed to do when we’re constantly worried, we can’t live in the assessment centre for god sake 😂

Glad it isn’t just me though, and it’s so frustrating, I get they can’t say that it’s fine or give an explanation in case then something does turn out to be wrong but when the statistics about reduced movements and stillbirth and whatnot are pushed on you everywhere, it’s just hard to know what to do, I can’t relax at all
---
I’d have moved in to the hospital if I went in every time I was worried 👀
Hahahaah exactly 😭

• Heart
I can’t stress this enough, if you ever feel babies not moving enough or haven’t felt them in a while and you’re worried, please go get checked out, even if you’ve been every day for the last 10 weeks or if you were already there that morning. It’s so important 🤍 I wouldn’t have known something was wrong with baby Melon if I didn’t go in as much as I did and that she needed out early 🤍 never feel like you’re annoying them, that is their job!! And your babies more important than an annoyed midwife 🤍

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Had an appointment this morning and got to listen to baby’s heart beat 🤍

I said this baby is very low down already, confirmed this by having to pull my knickers halfway down and have the Doppler digging into my pubic bone to get the heartbeat 😅
I’m not even 24 weeks and this baby is causing endless fanny daggers 🙃

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I am not qualified to answer this so this is only my experience
My baby was across my belly around my bellybutton level at my scan last Tuesday and went quiet for a bit on Friday but perked up after a while. I think he’s after flipping as I’m feeling kicks much lower down this weekend and my stomach isn’t moving as much as it was. I’m taking it as this is his new rhythm due to the big move. My placenta is up high at the back so if he’s kicking there I’m probably not going to feel it as much as I was feeling across the front of my belly.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
This is what I’m finding, I have one already and it’s just not cutting it!
we’ll just have to have massages every week at this rate 😅
I do have a massage pillow which I’ve had for ages, and that’s made the whole thing a lot more bearable. Just one like this, but there’s loads on Amazon for like £20ish. I just lie on it most nights in bed and it does get in there and alleviate a bit. Honestly I’ve never actually had pain like this in my back ever. I’d actually like a full on back brace at this point

Attachments

I’m definitely feeling lots more, now just over 24 weeks. In fact today her kicks feel kinda painful, is that normal? Obviously nothing bad, kinda just like a very mild period cramping sensation. Not sure if it’s just because I’m constipated too 😂

Scan went perfect, head is slightly larger than average lol and I’ve always said my husband has a big head so not surprised 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 15