Pregnancy #60

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Insomnia, heartburn, constipation - it all seems to have got me this week. Just when I thought I was getting away with it all.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Feels like baby brew is using my insides as a frigging drum kit today jesus christ. I keep bursting out laughing in the office to myself, it feels so bizarre and ticklish.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
So many questions sorry
Does anybody recommend a birth ball and when to start? I’ll be 21 weeks and getting some hip pain. I work in an office and I also do lashes on an evening so struggling a bit already!

I have the GTT tomorrow, now I’ve had it before but it was 3 years ago so I kinda know what to expect, but any tips from anyone that’s had it done recently. Anything I should do today to prepare? I’m worried about feeling ill as my HG is starting to creep back in and I’ve been told I’m not allowed to take my tablets, I can take it before 10pm tonight then fast with sips of water.

I have the GTT tomorrow, now I’ve had it before but it was 3 years ago so I kinda know what to expect, but any tips from anyone that’s had it done recently. Anything I should do today to prepare? I’m worried about feeling ill as my HG is starting to creep back in and I’ve been told I’m not allowed to take my tablets, I can take it before 10pm tonight then fast with sips of water.
I don’t have HG but have had morning sickness throughout so I was worried with mine. My advice would be take some ice cold water and something to distract you!

As a fellow HG sufferer - I took an extra dose of my meds at the very last minute I was allowed to have anything for mine(midnight). It still wore off but nowhere near as bad as it would have if I’d had the normal dose at normal time and not been able to eat or take them when I woke up. I took a big water with ice with me too for lots of sips. If you tell them you have HG and will struggle they told me they’d find a side room with a bed for me if I started to feel sick because obviously if you do vom the test is void. I also made sure I had my meds and something to eat with me for as soon as the second blood test was done. And have something to do on your phone that’s going to occupy you so time goes faster.

Reactions: 1
As a fellow HG sufferer - I took an extra dose of my meds at the very last minute I was allowed to have anything for mine(midnight). It still wore off but nowhere near as bad as it would have if I’d had the normal dose at normal time and not been able to eat or take them when I woke up. I took a big water with ice with me too for lots of sips. If you tell them you have HG and will struggle they told me they’d find a side room with a bed for me if I started to feel sick because obviously if you do vom the test is void. I also made sure I had my meds and something to eat with me for as soon as the second blood test was done. And have something to do on your phone that’s going to occupy you so time goes faster.
I remember last time I was completely fine with the drink and was ok for a while but lasted about an hour then I started to feel ill and they got me a bed so I’ll make sure they know this might happen again. I never took anything with me to distract me last time so I’ll make sure I have something to watch on my iPad and take some snacks and hopefully I’m ok. Trying to drink plenty of water today to make sure I’m hydrated enough also.

• Heart
I also kept getting up to wee even if I didn’t need to just because it broke up being sat there thinking about feeling sick and got me out of the hot stuffy waiting room for a couple of minutes

Okay I'm at work and after lunch I got so bloated, my pants became so tight it started to hurt so I had to jump into H&M to quickly buy a bigger pair. 😭 Hello week 10. 🙃

• Haha
Okay I'm at work and after lunch I got so bloated, my pants became so tight it started to hurt so I had to jump into H&M to quickly buy a bigger pair. 😭 Hello week 10. 🙃
Pregnancy bloat is horrible! With me I found I was bloated and then it eased off around 12/13 weeks and eventually it was replaced with a bump.

I still can't believe I'm having a boy. Like this teeny tiny thing will be a fully grown man one day (probably hairy and hopefully tall). I feel so emotional about it and almost got teary telling someone at work today it's a boy..

• Heart
My jeans got retired about week 8 with the bloating! H&M have great stretchy pants in so I have been living in them in different colours

My jeans got retired about week 8 with the bloating! H&M have great stretchy pants in so I have been living in them in different colours
Also haven’t worn jeans since about then. I miss them 😭😭 I dont feel like maternity jeans will fit as they have to be very precise to your bump size and I also don’t like maternity trousers that go under your bump (I don’t get how they stay up 😂😂) so I’ve been in leggings and wide legged trousers for months

Also haven’t worn jeans since about then. I miss them 😭😭 I dont feel like maternity jeans will fit as they have to be very precise to your bump size and I also don’t like maternity trousers that go under your bump (I don’t get how they stay up 😂😂) so I’ve been in leggings and wide legged trousers for months
My jeans lasted well in the the 20s but have been retired for weeks now.. have been living in leggings.. once I can get back into jeans will be giving leggings a hard pass for a few months. I’m sick of every bit of clothing I have

I literally was bloated by about 38 seconds pregnant so I really sympathise 😭

I got the maternity leggings out right away from about 5 weeks

• Haha
I cannot for the life of me figure out if what’s going on in my belly is movement or just gas bubbles and general stomach shenanigans. Need a good solid kick so I can work it out 😂